howltusk

zarirazz

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: howltusk

well, if you're a ranged character and need kb badly but only limited to headgear, it's still viable.

that is, if you don't have access to giant skull (which is far superior) as well =)

Klapse

Diabloii.Net Member

how about the "35 % damage taken goes to mana" isnt it good for a ranged/caster?

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator

how about the "35 % damage taken goes to mana" isnt it good for a ranged/caster?
Well, extra mana is theoretically never wrong for a caster. (ranged chars rely on manasteal from items, meaning extra mana when you hit opponents physically) However, you should take the following into account:

-This means you will only get that extra mana when you get hit. As a caster, you will (almost always) do everything to avoid being hit.
-Howltusk isn't the best helm for a caster, there are plenty of better options giving you more skills, more statpoints, life, mana, resists, etc etc. All being mods that increase your chance to survive and/or kill.
-There are other items giving damage taken goes to mana, but most higher level casters usually regenerate mana fast enough. This, in combination with you trying not to get hit, makes this mod pretty useless in most cases. Low-level duellers find better use for this particular mod.

Klapse

Diabloii.Net Member

i thought the "35 % damage taken goes to mana" meant that the damage done to me, was taken from my mana not my health :p
thx for clearing up things for me :)

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator

i thought the "35 % damage taken goes to mana" meant that the damage done to me, was taken from my mana not my health :p
thx for clearing up things for me :)
The only thing applying that way would be the sorceress' skill Energy Shield. There's a FAQ about how that skill works in the Guide sticky in the sorceress forum iirc. :)