Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

howling rabid dog

Discussion in 'Druid' started by harley98, Jun 24, 2005.

1. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

howling rabid dog

i waited to see if this tecnique worked in hell before i posted it and it works :) you basiclly need a dol runes in a weapon gives 25%/dol or armor that will give you a xx% chance for enemy to flee like rattle cage gives 40% or face of horror gives 50%. heres the tecnique: you hit a critter - he gets infected and cursed - he runs away from you and bumps into other things infecting them which bump into other thing ect.......... and you created a chain reaction. after some practice you can get your whole screen filled up with infected critter.

2. harley98

i forgot to mention that you can also infect poison immune critter (they will not take poison damage but they will carry and infect others with it) and they will infect things they bump into with rabies too. so if you have a group of mixed immmunes you can infect them all. sometimes if the infected/cursed critter is fast enough they will infect some critters off screen. not sure if this is a bad thing or not?

3. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Yup =)

(Though I think a lot of people prefer the high end runewords here =)

Oh btw, just wanted to point out you can edit your post till one hour after you first put it on the forums :thumbsup:

4. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hehe congrats on finding a creative way to spread rabies :p Hmm if you are a bit richer maybe a Druid 'Delirium' pelt with nice automods/skills for your build would be another avenue. Since you can't use any curses in wolf form the attract charges are useless but that ctc confuse curse upon striking would make monsters attack randomly and that could serve your purpose hehe Even the ctc mindblast (stun/convert) or terror (flee) when u get hit looks interesting :p That ctc confuse on striking (11%) would be be in great effect if you manage a 4fpa rabies :p Another curious tactic would be to employ an act 3 merc to equip a spirit broad sword + 'hel' medusa gaze aegis and some dr/fcr to make him survive a few hits (not too bad with oak sage floating around) so via his shield, when he gets hit has a ctc slvl 7 lower resist (-51% all resists/32secs) and this acts as an 'amplify damage' for your rabies and fireclaws if you are hybrid :p A Crescent Moon sword on a lighning act 3 merc could possibly increase his dmg output as well. Lastly Stone armor also has clay golem charges and he could be prebuffed with a Bloodmoon elegant blade for higher life (blood golem charges) and monsters love to target this minion (he also slows) so you could have some pets helping you to spread the green with clay+merc and possibly wolves/grizzly hehe.

5. harley98

i got the idea from my terrazon (strafer that uses dol runes in her bow) with poison charms, cold charms and high % open wounds. she is one of a kind!!!!!

it also seems like when they bump into each other that the timer for rabies starts over again, so if you have a high lvl rabies and poison creeper the only things you will acually have to fight is the poison immunes. i'd like to try confusion with it, i think it would work great.