Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Howl and such

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by HulkaModock, Jun 23, 2005.

1. HulkaModock

HulkaModock IncGamers Member

Howl and such

Well I'm pretty new to the Barbarian and couldn't find this in the FAQ, but is my howl only suppose to work with certain creatures? Been playing in NM A5 and it seems the majority of the monsters aren't responding to it. I play hardcore so howl has been extremely important in previous acts.

I'm using coldkill with sigon's shield, but I've noticed my dmg not scaling very well with each new act I try to take on. I've got conc maxxed as well as about 12 pts into axe mastery. Is this just the way of Barbarian, does my axe suck too much, or should it actually take me 5+ swings per monster to bring it down.

Any feedback from you veterans would be greatly appreciated.

HulkaModock

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Howl works on normal monsters only.But the chance to flee depends on:

Chance to flee: (a)slvl + clvl + 1 <=> monster level(b) (if a is greater,monster flees,if b is it doesnt)

Read Hal's conc baba guide & yes cold kill is one of the many axes that suck.Try & get a pupil or razors edge atleast :p

Rik

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Sometimes when they're really close and already engaged with you they still don't flee for some reason. Could be a lag thing. I usuallly rectify this by backing off and howling again. It's a very handy skill. A lot of the nastier super uniques are chumps without their minions to help them out.