Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Howdy all

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Liege, May 29, 2008.

1. Liege

Liege IncGamers Member

Howdy all

Hey everyone. Like many others that I have read posts on, I'm coming back to the wonderful world of D2... again :) It's been almost a year since I last played this time, however, unlike my previous D2 experiences, I'm actually staying off battle.net and giving single-player a go -- /cheer for perfect lag!

I never would have chosen single-player before because I couldn't play with anyone else, but it seems this single-player forum is pretty active and would make for a nice community. So, I'm going to give it a try.

Anywho, I'm going to be startin' up a Claw Assassin and playing on Hardcore. I read that ATMA was a great mod to get, so I picked it up, along with the Red Runes and a b.net Runewords mod that were also recommended. Is there anything else I should know about to enhance my Single-player D2 experience?

Thanks for any comments, nice to meet you all, and happy hunting!

2. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

Re: Howdy all

Hello there! I'm new here as well. HC player. Interested in a game?

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Hi guys, welcome to the forums.

Both of you should both start reading the SPF FAQ; link in my signature and Stickied at the top of ths forum.

Of particular interest is the GAT FAQ which details acceptable mods and behaviour on this forum. It also has handy information about our forum.

When you want to MP you should read the MP Forum FAQ in the MP forum at the top of this sub forum. Also you should read the MP Guide; link in my signature.

Games should be posted there.

Enjoy your stay.

4. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

5. Liege

Liege IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info, Thyiad.

Veazey, I'll have to look up your game sometime. I have sadly moved from DSL to dial-up, so I'm not sure how well my connection will work, but it's worth an effort.

6. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Dial-Up works fine for MP. Your ping hovers around 150-300 in games with good/decent hosts. You'll very occasionally lag, but it's nothing unbearable. I'm speaking from experience, of course. ;).

Ah yes. Welcome and enjoy your stay!

7. Liege

Liege IncGamers Member

Well, it's good to hear the lag should be good. I'll just have to make sure I'm next to people as often as I can be so they can protect my char in case I do lag. I'd hate to have one of those awful lag deaths on a hardcore character. Those are easily the worst way to go :(

8. Liege

Liege IncGamers Member

Well, an update on my progress: My hardcore assassin is level 31 and just took out Normal Diablo. I'll tell ya, that was a nasty fight. As soon as he spawned, one lightning blast took out my shadow master and the next owned my merc. I knew if I let him, his third one would take me out, and he'd be 3 for 3 on his attack to kill ratio. However, I wasn't going to let that happen.

It was a sad realization that I wasn't gunna be able to melee him like I wanted to, so I portaled to town and bought a few stacks of javelins. After about 20 minutes of throwing sticks and dodging his lighting and fire streams, the big red beast finally fell over. The drop wasn't special, only Tancred's pick, but at least I'm in Act 5 now.

9. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

Congrats! I was a bit concerned about going after big D but I was rather relieved to get a nokozan relic drop. The lightning blast still hurt like hell, though.

10. Liege

Liege IncGamers Member

I think I was pushing about 50 of all resists. I found a 2 open socket shield that was already prismatic (altho only like 5% of each with one larger percentage), and I threw in 2 flawed diamonds. Additionally, I used fade for I think it was +19 resist all. His elemental damage was still dominant against me though, but it made for a necessary long fight vs. the "Lord of Terror".

It's also worth noting that I let my mercenary clear the entirety of the Chaos Sanctuary because I was afraid of Iron Maiden.

BTW, I feel like I'm cheating because I've been fighting the bosses on /players1. Tell me I'm not the only one! :)

11. VeazeyJ

VeazeyJ IncGamers Member

I've taken everything on at /players 8 so far. :D

Though I go to /p 5 for MFing obviously