Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How'd you get started?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Still-Xey-Lover, May 25, 2005.

1. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

How'd you get started?

Hi I was just curious to see the various ways people got "started" (items/friends) on classic? Did you: make mf chars, make a fun char and just play the game, or somethingelse? I plan on making a char that would be fun to me, and hopefully items will come as i play. In classic you don't need a MFer to be good because the uniques aren't all that great, and i like that. It's more rares and sometimes the infamous dupes.

2. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

some people just prefer classic. Its... better than expansion imo. You can make characters that can kill in hell using... all set and unique items.

3. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I agree with you that classic is better and that rune words on Xpac is kind of ruining the game, but I have made characters that can kill in hell using all set and unique items on xpac as well. Perfect example is my MF blizz sorc.

4. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

I first started out when I was a noob with a summening necro. and then I made a mf orb sorc back when you could accually find the durance lvl 3 quickly.

5. Still-Xey-Lover

I got bored of having to be rich to afford all the charms/jewels to make a dueler in xpac hc (once you die you lose em) so after a recent death i wanted to try something new. In classic the only thing thats annoying so far is that i can't find any cow games, and if i do they either don't invite me, theres no killer, or nobody makes the portal -_-. In the past few days i've gained maybe 2 or 3 levels. That's pretty sad by my standards of leveling :)

6. Standard Legal Tender

Standard Legal Tender Banned

I started when I saw my friend play D1 on Bnet. I just thought it was so cool...then i heard my friends talking about d2 and Lod (this is around 2002-2003) and i just had to buy it..My first character was a barb that my friend told me how to make..Ww Bo Nr Sp Wp, the usual. I actually found some sojs the first season i started playing ^-^.

7. Zodijackyl

Zodijackyl IncGamers Member

Best way to get started..

First char make a blizzard Sorceress. one point in telekinesis and one point in teleport, no warmth or ES (cold armors are a joke, forget them too). then levels 2-5 put points in ice bolt, 6-23 into ice blast and one in each prereq for blizz. After this max blizz and put a point into mastery at level 30. once you max blizz, alternate ice blast and mastery, then fill glacial spike and ice bolt (you should max all around level 92, which few people reach in classic).
    For stats go for 30-55 base str, and try to find irathas, shard, the ward, and some other simple items. full irathas, shard, and the ward will fill resists for nightmare, and the ring/boot slots can be left open for magic find (nagels for rings work decently, magic boots can be found or bought from an npc in a4 norm). if you're lucky enough to find a gull, this is a good wep to finish meph with.

So solo yourself to level 20, then find a cow game to leech off of. 20-21 will be slow, but 20-25 is very fast. you can either go 25-30 in cows or normal meph runs and some cs runs if you can handle it. once you're level 30 just playing through the game will be easy, and normal cs/meph runs can provide simple gear. Nightmare andariel will yield many drops with <100mf, more mf doesnt do anything. this is a started char. Find another shard and some hammerdin gear, then make a stronger hdin as a second char.

Hammerdins are alot of personal preference as for gear, but the build is simple. Max hammers, concentration, vigor, and blessed aim. if you level past 80, you should put the remaining points in holy shield. the only non hammer skills you will need are smite(prereq), charge (for movement), holy shield (pally essential, one of their key skills), and redemption. dont put points in non required skills becasue these slow you down. a low level scepter from akara with +zeal can help leveling.

this guide will be finished later (no time)

8. Still-Xey-Lover

Ok thanks. I think i wanna make a fire sorc if any sorc though, i just made a blizz sorc on xpac before i came to classic, and i wanna try out this "andy bug". Can fire sorcs do meph quickly in classic?