Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Howbout Werewolf vs Casters?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Stash, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Stash

Stash IncGamers Member

Howbout Werewolf vs Casters?

So.. Is there any dueling videos of werewolfs beating casters?
    Mostly sorcs.. bone necs..

I know werewolf could sorb a huge amount of sorcs damage.. But
    theres the bigger fact of Sorc being capable of spraying Blizzard/Lightning/Fireball
    from across the screen.

And against bone nec's.. no idea

So i'd like to ask you experienced wolfie's

What's the Win/Loose ratio in werewolf vs casters? in pub duels

2. Proxyi

Proxyi IncGamers Member

here isnt ratio

when ure good then u can beat them izi or not so izi :grin:

also against soso+nec's good idea the shift+fury---they usually tele into u and then they're died

other tactic:u can rabie them and run (maybe shift+fury too coz they're in panic when u rabie them and they trying tele on u---then shift+fury=die)

3. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Tell you wat. Tgodz, wisp, raven, maras, ss, hotspurs, coh, jalal. 90 fire res, 85 light 75 cold. Switch out or in more sorb IF needed. I can tank three sorcs at the same time. I may be very slow in running, but they think you suck n tele very close (i've yet to duel a sorc who hasnt done so). Rabies goes through there ES and if it's say a fire sorc, where you'll still have 90 fire res, switch to a GPA n one fury her mana is done. Sorcs always come close, one rabies and theyre done, half the time not even noticing that they are rabied (I'm not sure people no what it is). I've been acused of lag and AA! haha, but ive even dueled orber, fber, light, and fcer! Wolf pwn for res stack n sorb. You have a ton of life + huge dmg when you screw around with gear.

Bonenecro is a bit different..since most bonewall or pris you. I can tell you this, an xtrensive bonewall, or even a pris and your not kilin that before they kill you. But maybe get huuuggee dmg and a nigma. So if your walld or prisiond, unshift n tele. They will be so suprised, you should have enough time for rabies or 14k fury. Make sure you get your rabies gear out, even a lower res wand if you have to.

IMC :grin:

4. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

You can take necros on with just alot of runwalk and high damage. Those that try to boneprison me tend to miss. The only thing that tends to bother me is if they have a high lvl clay golem out. Then I use rabies.

5. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Some sorcs are just too slippery for me. Nothing helps... But im about to mule in a cats eye and wear that with eni for sick speed. Will see how it goes.
    A nec using prisons vs a char that cant tele is kinda lame according to me. You can always rabies it, and hope he gets infected and then run as hell. :laugh:

6. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Lightning/Fb can easily be dodged or absorbed by minions. It will always come down to the same cat and mouse game. Either you be the offensive player and chase the sorc. Or let the sorc hunt you and wait for her to make a tele mistake or eventually run out of mana.

Necro can be a pain especially with decrip etc. But you should make sure that you have a fair amount of frw on.

For both nec and sorc the following is true :
    - Both depend on mana, which is not infinite
    - Normally you should be the one with high life, this allows you to absorb dam to a certain extent.
    - Normally you should be able to kill sorc/nec with 1 fury

7. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

I know sorcs in pubs usually carry a ton of mana pots to boost their ES...rabbies them is the best. Usually they won't die in one fury. Block + ES + mass mana + mana pot.

8. soul killer

soul killer Banned

I think boners would be a good match for good wolfs (ones ive dueled with my boner have been shocking).

I dont ever use bone prison cuz i know what kinda dmg there fury packs and wud own my prison, plus i consider it bm.
    I just stand there and when i see them on the mini map i just spam spirits in their direction so they run after me with a huge packs of spirits behind, then tele in the opposite direction and spam spirits there.

Usually one hits them and they go into fhr and the whole pack gets em, keep adding pressure until they make a mistake (or until i do and get caught in there fury/rabies :azn:)

Dont know whether this will work aswell with a wofl thats got high fhr and frw.

9. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

please dont call them boners =:)embarassed:

10. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Hace Sanctuary in stash and Slow Missle the Decrep/Prison Necros :). The reaction you get is priceless.

Also, when I'm facing a Bone Necro I tend too shift Feral instead of shift Fury if they Prison a lot. It's a free charge on Feral and the FRW you get from it can make all the difference.

Against Sorcs I tend to go for the one Rabies bite then attack with Feral unless they get stupid and tele on top of you.

11. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Sorry I should have mentioned I was talking good mannered duels/league duels... Not pubs.

12. pugilist

pugilist Banned

bone prisons and auto targeting unresistable spells should always kill a wolf right?

13. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Not necessarily. A Bone Necro will always be hard to beat. However, if you have a large amount of FRW they aren't unbeatable. As I said earlier, use the prisons to charge your Feral and rush them. Either you'll force them on the defensive or you get that critical hit and change the tempo of the duel.