Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How young is too young?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by User Name, Mar 30, 2004.

1. User Name

User Name IncGamers Member

How young is too young?

I'm sure this topis has been killed before

But anyways, I'm 20 (going on 21 in 2 months) and this girl I knows been tossing me many clues that she likes me, and shes 17 (just turned 17 last month). I'm not saying I'm infactuated with her, be she definettly is more mature than other 17 year olds (which I find appealing since I'm not a roudy teenager anymore), she has a good outlook for what she wants to do in the next couple years, and in short, has a good head on her shoulders.

I know that isn't sickly different in age, but from what I know, shes jail bait (but I could be wrong (?)

So anyways, I never really had this problem before, most girls I know are closer to my age or even older.

And since I enver really had the problem, I've never opened any threads about the subject.

So I'm not sure what to do, cuz like I said, I'm not infactuated with her and wouldn't be all that upset if nothing ever happens, but on the other hand I am single and looking but don't want to be seen as a a cradle robber .

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

You may think she is more mature than other 17 year olds, but unless she has been in mature relationships before, she probably isnt in that aspect. You will still be a college age guy dating a high school age girl. Big difference, and, in my opinion, big problem.

3. Crispyknight

Crispyknight IncGamers Member

Depends what the age of consent is in your state. Goes from 14 in the hillbillies to 19 in the conservatives. Might want to find out, and if its not a felony, I dont see a problem. Four years isn't _that_ much of a difference.

4. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

My cousin, while 21, dated a 17 year old girl. She was also more mature than most 17 year olds and he never had a problem. (NY btw, not sure on the laws though). Although if she's turning 18 soon, might be worth the wait. It can't be more than a year anyway, and if you also drop some hints, and she's as mature as you think she is, she won't go for another guy.

5. Hippie Holocost

Hippie Holocost IncGamers Member

Well I'm a 19 year old dating a 17 year old. I'm in college and shes in highschool, we've been dating for 2 1/2 years.

From my experience, I bet she'll be mature about 85% of the time, but every now and then she'll do something stupid to remind you that shes 3 years younger...

You just have to ask yourself if putting up with that 15% is worth it (is for me).

6. toader

toader Banned

Im pretty sure its 100% legal to date her anywhere.

I cant beleive noone has brought this up yet.

Um, date her. Dont have sex with her. Thats all. If you like her enough, then after a year, if you guys are still together, she will be 18, you will have gone a year without having sex which means you will more than likely have a strong base relationship, then if you guys want to it will be more meaningful anyways.

7. lala

lala IncGamers Member

DING DING DING
    u r the win +1

8. xXxDraGoNxXx1123

xXxDraGoNxXx1123 IncGamers Member

You mean, there is such a thing as "meaningful sex"? Odd.

But yeah, what TeH ToaDsToRZzzz!!!111!! said.

9. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

Age difference isn't necessarily that much of a problem. There's 13 years difference between my parents, and, I mean, look at me. I turned out ok, right? :teeth:

10. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

well.. i don't think it's too young, because i went through the same thing.. but from the opposite end.. he was 19 when it started, i was 16..

i can seriously say, that he's much more immature than i was.. even though he was three years older, but he's a male, what do you expect? ;)

we didn't mess around with each other till i was 17 and a half.. but we both wanted it, and i was not forced, so there was nothing wrong with it

if you're pretty worried... wait till she's 18 before you do anything with her.. just to play it safe, if neither of you are willing to wait that long, is it really worth it?

11. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

*Counts on fingers*
    1-2-3....

12. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

Ive had time to think about this since I know a lot of guys out of highschool who date highschool chicks, and a lot of chicks who date outside of highschool. The chick ALWAYS thinks she has something more mature or something, inwhich case shes false.

Plus I know i dont want to be that "24 year old dude bangin (girls name)". Im just saying 24 since that seems like the popular age around here for highschool girls.

If Im drunk and theyre sober though then its all good because technically theyre taking advantage of me.

13. Hippie Holocost

Hippie Holocost IncGamers Member

I was reffering to their age difference, not ours...

14. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

Oh my bad...

15. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Move to Canada where the legal age is 14 and you're golden. :whistle:

16. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Well...isnt there the age of consent or something along those lines...where if its consentual its okay or somethin...

17. rrrray

rrrray IncGamers Member

As long as you're both willing, and you alone are willing to face the consequences if she backstabs you... go for it. There may be consequences for her too, later on in life (physical and emotional), so be aware of that if you really care for her.

I wouldn't give my children the same advice, but you're not my kid. :)

18. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I know MANY people who are 19-21 and would see a 15 year old and hit it in a heartbeat.

My rule is basically this: If your gonna get **** from other people about being a cradle robber, you probably are. I've hit on girls in the mall who i can admit to having wondering what she'd look like with leopardskins, only to find out she's a freshman in highschool :eek:

Then you always got that friend whols like "dude, who cares, she looks like a senior!" *shivers*

19. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

3 years isn't anything to worry about. When you and her are 45 and 42, respectively, I doubt anyone will care.

Besides, I'm tentatively dating an 18 year old myself (I'm 21), and I don't really see the problem.

20. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

I doubt I'd consider under 21 for myself (I'm 26), purely because of maturity issues. But I'm not at all offended by people who are "into that", and I can also say I had about he maturity of the average 15-year-old when I was your age, and I would have been intimidated by chicks my own age back then.

Since I don't know what state you come from, the odds are that she is legal in your state, because the average legal age is 16. But look it up to be sure: http://www.ageofconsent.com

If she's not legal, well, you can follow toader's advice, because the laws of sexual consent only relate to sexual activity. Heck, you can be caught holding hands with a 12-year old if you want, and that's not against the law in itself. Not that I'm implying you're into that. :p

Or, if you both just can't stand to wait for whatever reason, do and don't tell. It's not the end of the world or anything.