Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How would you build your dream MF Zon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by SinfulSlave, Feb 10, 2004.

1. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

How would you build your dream MF Zon?

Well, the last time I posted in the zon forum, I lost my Avatar. Lets see what happens this time. :teeth:
    I havent played my zon since the patch hit. I am going to delete my 1.09 lvl 99 bowazon (ouch) and remake her as my new mf zon. She will use top of the line gear, Enigma and what not.
    I am completely lost as to skills now. I dont play Single player at all and would hate to run this zon back up into the 70's just to find I have made bad skill choices. Please help me!
    My major questions are:
    Strafe or multi?
    Cold or fire arrow? Do I max synergies?
    How many points into passives and valk? Does the valk need synergies?
    :scratch:
    If you were going to or have made your ultimate mf zon. What skills would you use?
    thank you for your time!
    :worship:
    Sin

2. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

Heya sin, my guess is that you will probably want to run pit and rof/chaos when you hit hell. If you have access to great gear then I would go for straight physical damage on the bow side and LF/CS on the java side. In mf gear its hard to get a fast strafe but thats one of the tradeoffs :( Bows have never been great as boss killers but it seems even worse in 110. Plus the act bosses being unleechable really hurts long encounters. My 94 bowie on ladder was my first 110 char and i really wish i had spent less points in passives and more in CS. As it is i "can" kill DC and act bosses with jab but it takes forever and a day. One of the best reasons to build a hybrid though for mf is to get an extra 100 when you have java's and isted shield on switch.

3. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

A pure Strafeazon is one of the most satisfying chars to run the pit with, and ias isn't needed - the next-delay even makes it unwanted. In general, Strafe will let you wear a lot of mf-equipment, as her effectiveness really only depends on her bow and a very small amount of leech. Also, all the passives that the Strafeazon will have points for and which will strengthen her, are Valk synergies (except Pierce): Penetrate, Critical Strike, D/A/E. And with a Might merc, the valk will be a killing machine.

The Strafeazon can't handle bosses very well, though. You can use Nightfish's CB trick TM: use some very fast melee weapon and some crushing blow equipment, Gore Riders or Goblin toe for instance, and hack away until very little is left. Backup and Strafe them to death. This works, but if you plan on running bosses you should get something better. The Strafeazon is also dependent on a good weapon like all physical damage chars, but as it sounds like you have what you need, that shouldn't be a problem.

Another possibility is the FAzon - check out Freyas' guide at the top of the forum. Very versatile, up to both pit runs and boss running.

4. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Two very informative answers, thank you! :worship:
    It sounds like a pure bowazon isnt going to be an effective choice at all?
    I will check out that guide, thanks again!
    Sin

5. GlennDanzig220

GlennDanzig220 IncGamers Member

I can't speak for javazons, but I use a bowazon as my main mf char on ladder.
    pit/ancient tunnels/diablo/baal/icy cellar, she works very well. Pit/tunnels in big games is quick and fun.
    Level 12ish multi with max guided for the bosses.
    Laying of hands will make act bosses much easier, and gore riders is a big help too.
    I didn't use the fire/cold skills, maxed magic arrow for PIs to be different :). Besides, it costs 0 mana and 0 arrows.
    Enough in critical so that with highlords deadly strike its over 90%.
    I think I read somewhere that at lvl 17 valk gets a warpike weapon upgrade or something. She lasts a good long while even without boosting decoy.
    D/A/E are all around 50%.

I used her with good results with goldstrike/wealth/stealskull/goldwrap, then mavs set, then wf/mf gear, so if you're going to use top-end gear you'll make quite a nasty bowazon.

6. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Also check lone_wolf's Sniperzon guide. I think bowazons are still a very viable and fun character type to play, they're just not the insanely powerful characters they were in 1.09.