Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How would a pure fire sorc look like?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by lumpor, May 17, 2008.

1. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

How would a pure fire sorc look like?

I'm planning on making a fire sorc, but couldn't find a guide for them. How would the build look like? I was thinking of using fire ball as my main attack, so i'll max that. And then of course maxing fire bolt and fire mastery to further boost/synergize it. And then i thought that those skills also completely synergize the hydra, which is a skill not used that often. So that can be maxed too (not as a main attack, only something for support). And then of course points in one-point wonders like frozen armor, teleport, static field. and then the rest into blaze (is blaze still useful in hell though? It's fantastic in the beginning at least).

Fire immunes will get their immunes broken with wands that have lower resist charges and a merc using infinity. If that isn't enough I'll cast static field and let my merc take care of the weakened monsters. If that isn't enough either I'll party with a non-fire character.

How can I improve it? I really think hydra should be there since it can be used to max potential since I've maxed all synergies anyway and because few use it.

2. ronniek

ronniek IncGamers Member

Re: How would a pure fire sorc look like?

I would say meteor would be quite good as a 2nd attack but dont quote me as i havnt tested hydra. Ifyou wanted you could probs use enchant to to boost up ur merc but again not really reliable as I never made a pure fire. I did make an enchantress AAAGGGEEESSS ago and it was brill my merc was killing on his own and since ur gonna max firebolt and firemastery already it willmake it even better

3. Krovvy

Krovvy IncGamers Member

I would definitely max Meteor over Fire Bolt, but other than that max Fire Bolt, Fire Ball, Meteor, Hydra, and Fire Mastery if you're going with just fire. Hydra might be useless compared to your other fire skills though as your Fire Ball and Meteor damage will be absolutely awesome. So maybe instead you should max Inferno to add to your average meteor damage.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  4. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Well, i think I'll take meteor last since it will be synergized by fire bolt anyway. I'm not very fond of it but i guess it's better than blaze, since blaze has no synergies.

5. Borje

Borje Banned

Most likely you will be using Fire Ball 99% of the time, thus maxing another synergy for it (Meteor or Fire Bolt, whichever is left) is the oonly thing that makes sence to me since it is what will boost your FB dmg. However, you can allways get a point in hydras to become a complete Master of Fire =)

Also, Enchant isn't synergised by Fire Bolt, but by Warmth..

6. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Well, i guess the build will like this then:
    First get one-point wonders and prerequisites and put the rest into fire bolt until level 12 where I max fireball and fire mastery and then max meteor then fire bolt then hydra. Can I use hydra charges with the hellfire torch until then and still get it synergized? Anyway that build will take 109 points which makes it one point left. Should I put a point in frost nova in the beginning?

7. Borje

Borje Banned

Looks fine, but max Fire Mastery last, since it will get boosted by +skills and the synergies will not..

Hydra charges from the Torch will be synergized.

Do not plan on leveling you char to lvl 99, that's something you only do if you have a few months to do nothing but baal run and you really feel devoted for it! I never plan on leveling my chars beyond **-90 unless they are for PvP..

8. Pyratheon

Pyratheon IncGamers Member

Hi, ive made a firesorc or 2 before, so heres my advice.

You need a decent merc, especially if you want to do anything solo.
    Hydra is decent, but the best way to do it is to max your fb syns, such as meteor, then just outting one or two points in hydra and letting +sks take care of it. It doesnt gain that much damage, and its main advantage is the fact that each shoots 3 fire bolts, and u can have 4 of them at once. They are useful occaisionally in pvp, generally against other sorcs that don't have es, as you can lay a few hydras, wait for them to tele into range, and then tele away.

Es can be useful, if you can get enough points to make it decent, and telekinesis.

DON'T put points into blaze. It really is useless later in the game, as it does so little damage. Equipment wise, there are two main approaches, 105fcr, and 200fcr.

Personally I aim for 200fcr, best way to go is a decent amu, aim for at least 15% fcr, fcr rings, or one and a soj, if u can make up the fcr somewhere else. Magefists, a decent spirit shield,a 20fcr circlet(easy enough to find, meph drops a lot i think, ive found a few just randomly playing, or just buy) . Wizardspike/eschutas/Hoto. I like Wizzy most myself, although it doesn't provide and skills, the huge boost to mana and resistances make up for it. Also 50fcr instead of 40 can make hitting 200 easier. Arach belt, viper, and sks, torch and stuff should complete it.

The other approach is 105fcr. Generally easier to hit, it focusses more on damage. You can hit 105 easy, with Wizzy/Hoto/Eschutas, a vipermagi, a spirit, magefists and arach, or if u to make a couple of changes, e.g a cheaper belt or lidless, then get a 10fcr ring or something to hit the breakpoint. This leaves you open to get as many skills and whatever else you want on the rest of your equipment, from things like shako.

Boots: Since you dont get fcr on boots, then going for something with res or other bonus' you want. crafter boots can give more mana and regen. I believe many people use sandstorms and waterwalks atm. Boots aint that important, just use them to make up stats on any area your weak on. Waterwalks give some dex, so can help hit the wizzy if u want, and leave more stat points open.

NOTE: Don't be fooled into thinking of eschutas that good. Of the weapons I listed it probably is the worst. The %to fire damage stacks with your mastery, making it far less useful. The resistances and bonus' from Hoto or wizardspike make them much better.

If you want a more detailed account, i'd reccomend looking here

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=491389

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  9. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

i would do either a hydra or a fireball build. mixing up both sounds strange, because you have to make compromises in damage, it takes too long to finish and i dont see any advantage for the gameplay.

so its either:
    firebolt, fireball, fire mastery and meteor maxed + the usual 1 point skill
    or:
    firebolt, fireball, fire mastery and hydra maxed + the usual 1 point skill

depending on what build you chose and where you will be running, your gear will probably look quite different. therefor it would only reduce your effiency if you dont specialize.

edit: i would chose hydra for style. also its safer and the equipment is probably lots cheaper.

10. Pyratheon

Pyratheon IncGamers Member

Hydra doesn't really need maxxing, and it isnt used much, so I wouldn't max it, unless you're really keen. Max firebolt, fireball, fire mastery and meteor, then put points into 1 points skills and pre-reqs, then you could just put all your spare points into hydra.

Hydra can be useful, but is rarely used as often as fireball etc.

Also depends what you're using it for, pvp, pvm etc. As Carnivore said, however not useful hydra can be, using it scores you some serious style points. Also useful in pvp against some types. Es is also a possiblility, it can improve survivability, so if you only put a point in hydra and let +sks do the rest(This can still give huge damage, as it is fully synenergized, i've had one point in hydra before, still gave 1k+ damage, now with 3 heads per hydras and 4 hydras up, youre looking 12k dmg, pretty fast. Ofc if its maxxed and lets say 3k dmg, that means u can be looking at 36k damage fast. Although i'm not that sure how much dmg can be got from maxxed hydra, I think 3k is in the right ball park.

11. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member