Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How would a fireclaw bear beat these kinds of chars?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by d2xsin, Apr 7, 2004.

1. d2xsin

d2xsin IncGamers Member

How would a fireclaw bear beat these kinds of chars?

I'm dueling now with my fireclaw bear
    Heres my gear:
    Jalals
    Shaft
    Storm
    120%Ias phase blade
    Ik gloves, boots, and belt
    Leech rings with +stats/resists
    +2 skill ammy

I have trouble fighting pretty much all pallys because they have super high def, block, and resists. Is there anyway to beat like foh pallys, zeal pallys, smite pallys, chargeadins, etc?
    I also have probs with sorcs, necs, trapsins etc
    Mainly chars that have max resists, elemental attacks, or ranged attacks, pwn me. What can i do?

2. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

u have too much DR

u can swap a shaft for some other armors..like CoH

foh pallys=stack lightning ressits and put on a tgods and some absorb
    zealots suk u should kill them easily
    smiters/chargers=fhr i think

3. d2xsin

d2xsin IncGamers Member

well thx for the reply, but the prob is, i cant afford coh and i'm having a hard time trackin down someone to trade tgods. What kind of gear could i get to stack resists but keep up my effectiveness. Its not only lightning that gives me a prob, its cold, fire, light, the magic dmg from necros etc, my resists just suck and i can never get close enough to the other people before they kill me. Its kinda frustrating....

4. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

I think you lack a total understanding of how to duel with a FireClaws Bear. Not meant as an insult but hopefully as a charged statement that you need to read the stickied faqs up top. No reason to repeat everything when its already well documented in guides.

For instance Im totally shocked, SHOCKED I say that you are wearing leech rings with mods. Thats total bad!!! You dont leech, your fireclaws, if anything why not DRACS? DRACS casts life tap.

Also Shaft? Why shaft?

Why IK belt boots gloves?????

Please read the guides, not meant as a cheap ignore you response but seriously, the information is well documented in them.

*Summary* I think you lack some basic FIRECLAW gear setup knowledge so read the guide. Anyhow you have a problem with Pally's. Know why? Cause I bet your AR is low. If your gonna duel you gotta get your AR to around 14000 at LEAST!!! Otherwise your going in unprepared.

Lets say you hit 50% of the time. They block 75% of the time. That would mean 1 of 8 hits you have will connect. SInce it takes 2-3 hits to kill a decently built character, that means you'd have to swing at them quite a few times.

5. KOL_Famine

KOL_Famine IncGamers Member

Firstly a FireClaw bear is a melee character, it's not designed to be an all round dueler. You won't beat any half decent teleporting caster with a fireclaw bear consistently. Solution is to look for melee dueling rooms were hopefully the only opponents you will meet are hand to hand like yourself (no endless chasing).

As to the stack lightning res vs FoH pallies and negating their attack ? Whats stopping the FoH pal doing the same much more easily to a bears fire damage. If your going to take that course of action get use to people running to stash and throwing 4 Ral armours and Rising sun's on and after that the other characters are more versatile then Fc bears in most cases.

As for zealots sucking I don't know who you've been dueling. The well built ones have upwards of 50k defence, good luck hitting that three times consistently before you die whilst being locked with big physical damage that rarely misses due to the total lack of defence of bears ...

Possible Gear Solution:

Jalals
    Aldurs Armour
    Storm / Lidless switch
    120%Ias phase blade / Demon Limb Switch
    Verungo's Cord / String or trang belt if your feeling adventurous
    Aldurs Boots
    Blood Fists / MageFists
    Angelic Ammy
    RavenFrost or Second Angelic
    Angelic Ammy

Logic:
    When dueling in melee your going to face alot of characters that should be weighing in at 30k + defence if their built half decently. Which means you need to raise your attack rating considerably above 12k to get enough hits in consistently for the win. Aldurs Armour + Aldurs Boot's give some nice druid specific bonuses whilst giving a nice attack rating boost. The angelic Ammy + 1 Angelic ring + RavenFrost also give a very nice attack rating boost. As for faster hit recovery you really need to be looking at the 86 fhr Break point minimum. Between Jahla's, Blood Fists, Verungo'd cord and Aldurs Armour you should be able to get their.

If after this you still can't hit some characters (happens alot) you can swap the belt out for trangs belt (Cannot Be Frozen) which frees up another spot the raven had for another angelic ring for a sizeable attack rating boost at the loss of 15 % damage reduced (better to take more damage and hit them to not hit them at all). Of course if you get richer you can ber, cham gear etc to get a stable setup with the higher ar always. Also by using the demon limb's enchant you will also gain another sizeable Ar increase which should get you hitting most people after everything else hopefully.

As for smiters the guides suggestion of a 6 shael Giant Thresher and standing still holding shift and name locking them is still the best technique i've come across so far. For chargers a similiar technique is needed also. May as well do ww Barbs too because i'm sure they annoy you also, try finding one of the corners by the river of the blood moor, stand as close to the corner as possible and repeat the above shift clicking technique.

When I first posted hear I missed one of the guides up the top and got absolutely hammered by a couple of people which really wasn't a pleasant experience. Hopefully this will help, also don't be intimidated into not posting questions here, someone will always help you.

6. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Any1 tested if FC is blockable attack?

7. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

I feel your pain.

Expect to loose more often then you win. There is nothing
    wrong with that, fireclaws bears are a challenge and I like that.

If you want to beat every char pick a necro, wind druid or hammerdin. But
    then you might not find it so challenging so...

My fireclaws bear is kind of retired, don't play him much.

It can be fustrating when dueling the elite players in public games that have strong characters and know what they are doing.

Not being taken seriously when you use a bear also stinks. Its not about winning all the time.

Enough ranting back to you and your fc bear.

1) Read the guides they provide good information.

2) You did not mention what charms you use. Try and get 10 shape shift
    charms, if you cant afford them with +life or other mods just get plain
    ones. They will boost lycanthropy (life), fireclaws (damage and attack
    rating) and werebear (defense) they make a big difference.

3) ik gloves, belt and boots are great, thats what I use also. Whats not to like about that combo, provide ar, defense, resists, dex, str so more in vit, fhr, +life, faster run walk.

4) Use a maras amulet to boost resists. Aim for 75% resists.

5) To further increase your attack rating, to help against high defense pallys, use angelic amulet plus one or two angelic rings.

6) Armor choices, shaft is ok for melee if you cant use better. Other options duriels shell great for resists, defense and life and cheap. Stone armor if you can get the runes. You will have to make up for the lack in dr some place else if possible. Verdungos belt with 15% dr would be ideal.

7) The guides dont mention this but to help with life, max lycanthropy and max at least two and try and max a thrird fire claws synergies.

8) Another way to help with attack rating is to shift into a wolf and try that out, your ar will be higher in wolf form. Your fireclaws attack speed will drop to 5 frames per second in wolf form. Shift between bear and wolf depending on opponent.

9) Place one point in cyclone armor to help against elemental attacks, plus skills from items will boost it. It may seem like a waste but with cyclone armor on it helps absorb the initial elemental attacks and buys you some time to get closer to your opponent.

10) On the weapon switch use plus skill items like a flesh render club and lidless shield to boost lycanthropy and weabear before you shift.

Smiters - Very tough, try a range 5 two handed weapon like a poleaxe or giant thresher with shaels, smite is range 2. FHR helps, if you cant reach 86% FHR in bear form, just go wolf form. A wolf has great FHR.

Hammerdins - Very Very tough, not much to say, avoid hammers, wait for the oppotunity to rush in and attack, lots of run walk helps to get in close quickly. Easier said then done. If they tele on top of you good luck.

Chargerdins - FHR helps if they continuely charge at you rapidly. One tactic is to initially keep a great distance from the pally and keep moving around, as they charge you, move quickly up to the pally in mid charge and attack.

FOH - Stay out side the range of their lower resists aura, need good resists and lightning absorb if possible, have lots of faster run walk, keep circling them and rush in quick to attack them. Lots of life also helps, allows you to get in close before foh kills you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers