Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How valid are D2 item sites?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Stubbs, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

How valid are D2 item sites?

I know many posts have been up concerning certain websites that sell d2 ladder items, but I can't find any in the last hour I have browsed. So instead I will start a new one.

There are certain websites that sell ladder items that I have a hard time believing. I have seen the bug stuff poppin up from this site... but my main question is being able to order full accts to half accts of sojs. 50bucks gets you a half account of sojs in ladder? I have a hard time trusting that, but has anyone bought this or know someone who has?

It is tempting, but I imagine if there was that many sojs to be sold, they are being for sure duped. And if they are duped, the soj market should be ruined by now and supercheap in ladder.

So please post and let me know what people have experienced with these website item stores.

2. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

99% of these sites cannot be trusted. I can garantuee that the SOJ deal you mentioned, involves dupes. You should keep away from such offers and learn to accept that whatever items you want, you gotta find them or trade them on this forum.

3. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

Hi,

A friend of mine has recently purchased one jah and one ber rune (to make enigma). This cost him £7, and he says they were delivered to him within 5 minutes of paying with paypal.

So, although they 'may' have been dupes, it is not to say that the sites are untrustworthy :uhhuh:

Whether these sites are a good thing for diablo is another topic, but surely spending £7 to get enigma makes more sense than endlessly mfing for up to 300 hours to get items to trade for said runes?

Just my opinion :thanks:

somewhatdamaged

4. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

Only reason why I am thinkin about buying anything (i am very anti buy items) is because my idiot roomate just lost a few of my sojs being a frickin ****** and losing em on a multiple body. Sooooo the dummy has to replace my sojs and he can only buy em. So Im just tryin to find the best deal for this idiot to get back my damn rings.

5. Taft12

Taft12 IncGamers Member

I don't think you can reliably buy any items, the dupes probably wouldn't last long. I hope you've changed your password by now :)

PS: Supporting sites that use those spambots that are plaguing BNet would make me very sad :(

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

the enjoyment of the game for most people comes from playing it, not from buying items off ebay to make your char 1337 who you haven't even played for more than a couple hours.

If you want to spend a lot of REAL money on a fictitious game, be my guest. I, however, don't get satisfaction by working a job to pay for items that aren't real, to equip a game character to even easier for him/her to beat the game or other people.

The fun part of the game for me is beating people with SKILL, not with ebay items. but, that's just my opinion

--fatty

7. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

Yeah i have to say i agree with you Fatty. i don't think i could part with my hard earned cash to purchase items that could disappear five minutes later.

It does make you wonder how some people seem to have every single elite item in the game? Surely you could not get them without playing for hundreds and hundreds of hours. Kinda makes you think about all the things you could have done with that time instead, i.e work out at the gym, hang with your friends or

sink some beers !

:drink:

8. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

I totally agree with you all.... But when it comes to my roomie losin my stuff and he is payin for the damages, well thats a different story... How would you act in that sort of situation. I can get this guy to sink 50 bones into 1/2 acct of sojs and that deal sounds too good to be true. There is even a guarentee or money back that the items wont disappear. So..... Yeah thats a tough call. I remember for a while you couldn't trade for something that wasn't a dupe. And duping will always happen, so why not just accept it..... especially when someone else is buying the stuff.

9. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

Ok I have been looking and thinking about this too much, and there is no way in hell this can be valid in any way. A website offering 1/2 accnt of sojs (352 of em) for $50. It says useast ladder and guarentee they wont disappear or money back. It cant be true. I do not believe that I could buy that deal for $50 and get that many sojs without something being awry. I mean i could take 2 sojs and sell em on ebay for a $20 or $15 dollar package and make my money back in no time and not just that but pay my rent. Any thoughts on this apparent deal offered?

10. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

best luck for LEGIT soj's ... go to ebay and find some being sold, check the seller, and make sure he has a good rating, and that hes not selling any more than 1 other soj, any more than 2 sojs being sold at once, and he probably (not all the time but in my opinion probably) duped em.

11. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

see its the difference of going to ebay and buyin 2 sojs for about 25bucks. That is going to happen if its the last option no matter what. Buuuut if it just takes 25 more dollars to not get 2 sojs but 4chars fully filled with sojs. Then you can just sell a couple on ebay for cheap and trade those things away for all the gear you want. And there is a money back guarentee for them to not disappear. I question if they are for ladder at all, thats what i think it is. Even though it says it is ladder. I hate even thinkin about buying crap, but I am for sure that this mofo is gonna get me my lost items by this weekend.

12. MadTexan

MadTexan IncGamers Member

If it sounds too good to be true (re. the Sojs) then it is 99% likely that it isn't true. In your situation I would confiscate anything my 'friend' had that was valuable enough for trade and then do a legititmate trade for the lost items.

13. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I think you just don´t understand a couple of things... yet.
    The really spirit of these forums is LEGITIME playing style. To buy items for real money is one of may kinds of cheating and is not accepted here. It does not matter if you buy 2 sojs for 15 bucks or 60 for one penny - I find your speculations just tasteless and a bit ... bizarre.

It´s an excelent exemplar how people try to kid themselves! There are no legit items on ebay. Even if it´s theoretically possible that someone sold a selffound soj to ebay, probability that just you will buy this tecnically "legit" item is as big as that you will find it yourself playing Diablo. And really probability is just 0 (zero) becouse buying items on ebay is not legit.
    I see you are in this age when kids can´t accept that a cake they has eaten is gone :lol: In this case you must be something like 1 - 1.5 year old and beer is not good for you! If you chose to have a good time with your buddies - it´s OK. If you chose to play LoD and mf it´s OK as well. What is not OK is that you don´t accept that it´s a matter of choice. Than you try to make yourself "choice-free" by cheating... what´s next? You like to have monay but don´t have time to work... You want to have sex but not have a time for a girl/boyfriend... :spy:

14. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

I use ebay as my trading forum, when i find things that have a cash value i put them on ebay. If i see a great deal on ebay ill buy(with the money i have made on ebay) it. this allows me to sell the items i dont need that have cash value. This way i never spend my hard earned money.

example: i do a couple hellforge quests(takes a bit of time), i luck out and get two gul runes. I than trade the vex i will make with the two gul's and trade it for three ist runes. i sell the ist runes on ebay for 6.99 apice. total 20.97. if i see an enigma for 15.99 ill buy it and keep the profit.

15. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

I love the holier than thou get on your soapbox dont buy stuff rants people are getting on. I have played this game since d2c and I have invested much into it by helping and giving to others. I never participated in any of the iths or bugs. I didnt even use a occy ring or con ring in 1.09. I had one hell of a time building up my unid collection just so I knew I had legit items. So you can save your speeches of salvation for another person. But I do believe in people correcting their mistakes once they have done it. Also its not just me who is in the loss but yet another good friend who had title over one of the rings. So 1 guys messup is costing 2 of us hell. So in that case, my homeboy here is going on ebay to fix what his stoned lil tail did to my char that night. So go on and tell me, a man who agrees on not buying, that I am less of a player for talking about these purchases. But to a man who doesn't even own and Enigma or BOTD, sojs are kinda valuable that shouldn't even be gone in the first place. And I am not doing the dirty work, the man at fault has to fix this. He wants to buy the crap, fine with me. But this thread isnt about the principle of buying or not buying. Its about the validity of websites.

Now though my desire to have more knowledge concerning the site has overidden my cares to actually buy from there, its too good to not be some sort of scam. Now I just want to know what the heck is going on at diablo2deals.com.

So dont bother posting if it is just anti buying. But please post if you know anything about these deals. To get info on this site can help us warn others of why not to go there and buy, or they just have super deals that anyone can go enjoy if they are willing to pay. I mean a lvl99 char custome made and fully dressed and loaded for $30bucks? What the hell is this site thinking?

16. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

soj's

The soj's are duped, you can bet on that and they will go poof. They are not permed. Many of the soj's on east being traded are also dupes so be warned. I have traded for many and of the 14 I have traded 4 only 5 remain.

Good luck,

Just a note: If it sounds to good to be true "IT IS".

Money back that is a laugh.

SOJ's are worth a lot on ladder for a reason, or they are suppose to be yet with whatever web site you are talking about that may all change real soon

Good luck

17. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Ok, I do agree that Being able to sell items on ebay may encourage dupes etc. Because if you can dupe rare items you are able to sell a lot more of them. However, buying an item on ebay is no more cheating than tradeing for an item in the trade forums. Lets make up an example.

Lets say I have limited play time on diable. So when I play, I want to actually play the game. I don't want to spend my time in trade channels with 9 year olds saying "GIVE ME ITAMZZZZ!!"

Lets say while I'm playing I happen to find a windforce I'm not going to use the windforce, and I'd really like to trade it for an soj. So, I go into a trade channel, and ask to trade for an soj, it may take me hours of sitting there chatting and trying to make my deal. On the other hand, If the 2 items are about the same worth, and for instance I could sell my windforce for $10 and I know I can buy an soj for $10, I post the wf for sale on ebay, sell it for 10$ and in turn use that 10$ to buy my soj. How exactly is that cheating. It's no more cheating than say tradeing my windforce to someone for a vex and in turn tradeing the vex for an soj.
    I'm just using a different medium for my tradeing. instead of tradeing all my items for 290's then using the 290's to trade for more items that I want, I'm tradeing my items for virtual $$ (because if done through paypal, I never see real money anyway) then tradeing the virtual $$ for the items I want. If you can't see the logic in this and if you can't see why this should not be considered cheating, I don't know if you're really as mature as you make yourself out to be in your post.

And as for your argument about spending money on something that isen't 'real' .. have you ever been to a movie theater? Maybe not, but would you say that everyone who pays Money to sit down for 90minuts, and watch pixels on the screen are stupid for doing so.

Take this example. Lets say I play D2 with a bowazon, and I'd really like to have a windforce, because it would make my playing experience more enjoyable -- FOR ME., so I spend 10$ and buy a windforce on ebay, put it on my character, and play 2 hours per day for the next 8 months using that windforce that I paid 10$ for. That would mean that I've spent 10$ for 8 months of entertainment. On the other had I could go out, spend 10$ on a movie, sit there for 2 hours, walk out of the theater with nothing to show for it and that's it. I've just paid 10$ for 2 hours of entertainment.

Spending money on a virtual item in a game, is no different than spending money on virtual items anywhere else. Sure the items are not tangable, but so are a lot of items. In fact, I bought 100 shares in a medical research company a couple of weeks ago, they diden't send me any little 'stock cards' there is nothing that I can hold in my hand and say .."hey look what I bought" but if that makes me stupid .. There's a hell of a lot of stupid rich people on wall street along with me.

I'm just trying to make a point that tradeing one legitimate item for another is NOT Cheating, and if something, whether it is soj's, 290's, or paypal bucks, is used as a currency in the tradeing that dosen't make it cheating either. In fact, if you trade using 290's or 100pd charms as your currency your contributing to dupeing anyway because 99% of thoes are dupes.

As I've said up top, I do fully agree that without ebay, there would be a lot less dupes etc. because the "Real Money" incentive for playing the game would not exist, but buying and item on ebay is not cheating.

sorry for the insane long rant .. just wanted to shed my 2 cents on this matter.. :)

18. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

Good replys everyone. I am thinkin I might make another post in the future more geared towards trying to find just info on what the sites are and arent doing. Because I want to make sure there is a good thread out there that lets ppl know why to not trust certain sites and what exactly they will do to ya. Mostly it just concerns diablo2deals. Time to go research.....

19. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

thoughts

blizzard should sell items. that way, people who want to spend money can buy 'em from blizzard and blizzard makes some cash

the other people who don't want to spend money, can mf and stuff

lol

20. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I agree - so long - becouse trade forums are full of dupes and bugged items. Trading forum here ( http://www.rpgforums.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=21 ) is relatively safe though.

I made many trades under 2 years period using forum named above and - may be - I met some 9 year olds but not a single one crying for "ITAMZZZZ!!" ... Any way - what´s wrong about to be 9 years?

You are a good story-teller... really... but it sounds for me more as a SF-story than as a coverage. I mean, probability that you will find Windforce under your limited playing time is just as big that I will meet I.T. this evening. Not QUITE impossible but.. Otherwise you don´t need to use ebay to trade youd legit Goldstrike for a legit Raven Frost - it´s easy enough even for 9 year olds.

If you consider that alternative: trading for 290´s or trading for $$ - they are equal becouse they both involve cheating.

In this short meaning you said three things:
    1.I am not mature.
    2.I pretend to be.
    3.Illusion of my maturity will be broken if I´ll not agree with you.
    No comments.

I never quesioned spending money on illusions. I am dedicated RPG player, I love movies, theater, CNN and any other possible kind of illusion. I bought my LoD for really money and never belived it was cheating. Why do you think I did?

Hallelujah!!!

You don´t need make this point - it´s just a commonplace and either me or anybody else said something different... ever.

The only "currency" I actually use is perfect gems and... I never dupe them. I promise. :lol: You touched though the point - this time - yes: "Diablo" (game) allows trading but it lacks working currency. It is a contradiction and a contributing reason why people use clearly duped items (as sojs, 290´s, high runes, etc). Recently "World event" is another "good reason" to dupe sojs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.