how useful is a zod?

how useful is a zod?

i know people would give away half thereitems for a zod, but i personally think that they are infact rather useless unless i a certain runeword.
so, you find/trade/beg for a zod, your so pleased. but what do you do with it?
option 1: you make a BOTD for a godly merc or melee weapon.
advantages: most powerful weapon in game for melee, can be used on merc or you (indestructable).
disadvantages: you need the 5 other runes as well, some of which are very rare, you need a good 6 socket weapon, and if you want etheral that can take a long tiem to find after you get yourzod (unless you have 1 saved)
option 2: you use it in a already extremely good etheral socketed weapon to ake it ast forever.
advantages: doesnt have to be 6 socket, you can add other things in other sockets to provide MF, elemental dmg, or IAS.
disadvantages: your weapon only has 50% ED, compared to some cruel ones which have over 200%ED. blowing the only zod your ever gong to get (unless your borlag) on a normal weapon is a huge waste.

this is about it. for something which has taken you possibly years of playing everyday to acquire, but it can only bused in 1 item. once you put it in there, you cant get it out, and when you get 1, you will most liekly think it isnt that much more power full than your previous weapon you were using.
for the time needed to get 1, you can acquire a mule full of tyraels might and all that and it has 1 reasonable mod, so you have almost no choice but to use it in BOTD, it has no other practical use.
givn a choice of using any rune into a normal socket item, not to make a runeword, a zod would be way down the list, even for a good eth.

As you can probably tell, i have no zod, and if i did i wouldnt use it at all. straight to trade thread for the zod! you can easily get several godly items that have an actual use without even demanding. people will continue to empty there stashes for your zod, but in reality, how good cn 1 runweord be compared to other items?

ULTIMATER

Diabloii.Net Member
I can think of a couple of reasons:

1. Botd, obvious ;)

2. A great Eth unique of some sort.Upgraded Eth Ribcracker pops to mind.

3. Eth godly rare with a useful mod instead of selfrepair. Selfrepair is useful, but i hope you get my point. :)

4. Put it in a Phase Blade! :lol:

oh and
otpion 3: crasked eth sash anyone?
advantages: to many to list here..
disadvantages: will make alot of people jelous.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
I never mule, trade or repeat any areas/bosses in the game. For me, a Zod would most likely be useless (unless that character would find some ethereal rare/unique I REALLY wanted to use). Most likely, I would sell it for 35k gold. :lol:

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
strijdje said:
i remeber someone here in the SPF had an 298 eth upped ribcracker right? or atleast, i saw a screenie of that weapon... it was zodded too and hat things was HUGE! :drool: best WW weapon I ever saw :worship:

edit: http://www.diabloii.net/items/v110/images/110_Eth_Ribcracker.jpg
imagine that with a ZOD.... go figure :uhhuh:
But which would be better for WW druid, that ribcracker in the pic you posted or BotD eth Great Poleaxe?

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
LprMan said:
But which would be better for WW druid, that ribcracker in the pic you posted or BotD eth Great Poleaxe?
y ok, but a zodded ribby (perfect eth) is
a) more stylish
b) more stylish
c) more stylish
d) more stylish

catch my drift :teeth:

with all those BotD around... i almost feel like a bnetter when i plyed with my zealot :(

Vorbiss

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd use it in eth high ED 3sock Tomb Reaver, along with 2x 40/15 jewels! :evil:

Or maybe eth Deathcleaver...

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
In the event of me ever finding a HC Zod, I'll be inserting it into my very own ethereal Ribcracker and making a Staff Barb. Then a Staff WW Druid. Then a melee-Sorc using a Staff. Then... :)

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
I hear ya Shade. If/when I ever get a HC Zod, well, I just don't know what I'd do with it. It'd sure put an even higher price on a HC death! :fish:

Butz. :teeth:

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
disadvantages: your weapon only has 50% ED, compared to some cruel ones which have over 200%ED.
no, that's not right at all; what makes you think that? :scratch:

if i ever found a zod, i would put it in this:

Cruel Wrist Sword of Firebolts
One-Hand Damage: 208 to 272
Durability: 29 of 29
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 95
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 46
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x3207fa0
+300% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Blades of Ice (Assassin Only)
10% Chance to cast Level 4 Fire Bolt on attack
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

It may be not the best use for one, but it's by far the most interesting item I've ever found. This is 1.09 btw; so that is a perfect cruel, yes. :flip:

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
if i would get a zod i would trade it away for items i want or just give it away to somebody i know.

for me its useless

BeornWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
You fools! I'd take an etheral Tomb Reaver, Zod+2xShael over the weapons mentioned above any day :D

Erm, can a tomb reaver even be etheral? :innocent:

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
BeornWolf said:
You fools! I'd take an etheral Tomb Reaver, Zod+2xShael over the weapons mentioned above any day :D

Erm, can a tomb reaver even be etheral? :innocent:
perhaps my notoriously bad memory is decieving me, but aren't you the proud owner of an upgraded 'zod' ethereal ribcracker?

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
I would go the BotD route. But unlike most people here, I wouldn't put it in a Zerker axe. My weapon of choice would be a Great Poleaxe and use it as the perfect Titan barb weapon.

On the ribcracker issue, I found a 300% 'cracker a while back, too bad it wasn't ethereal and was lost in Borlag's MF Tourney.

And that ethereal 'cracker has GODLY average damage! 595.5 average....Drools....

crg