Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to Win Windy vs. Trapper

Discussion in 'Druid' started by HappyAssassin, Aug 28, 2006.

1. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

How to Win Windy vs. Trapper

I think this badly needs to be in the public domain, because I see a just disgusting number of otherwise perfectly good windies getting murdered by trappers. BTW, this also applies to a WWsin, Ghost or Hybrid, or any Assassin than uses traps + mind blast for that evil anti-windy combo.

1) 99/174 is the best option. Go this way. Wear a piece of absorb, in addition to Cyclone armor, because it WILL get knocked out.
    2) Play defensively, teleport away and spam tornadoes. You need to get a feel for when and how far they are moving. If they teleport to chase you, you are all set. If they run, or don't move, this will be harder. If they sit it traps you can always spam them to death.
    3) When you see that they have just moved a screen length, teleport on top of them and hit them with nadoes. The trick with trappers is that it takes them a second to get their lock on you. If they have just moved, they have less traps, and thus it makes it much easier to catch them in a situation when you are more than 1 mind blast from being screwed. Cyclone can stop 2-3 traps for a second. You need to make this attack very, very sudden, 2-3 teleports at most, and land DIRECTLY on them. This is especially true for Ghosts, because it will mess with their tri-whirl.
    4) Get the hell out of there. Don't stay and stick it out. Against a good trapper, you will probobly have to do this a couple times. Ultimately a top trapper has the advantage anyway. However, this WILL work agaisnt more trappers, and you will no longer have to worry about them in pubs. I see a lot of otherwise decent windies losing to crappy trappers. Hopefully, this will help a few of you.

Peace.

2. elmek

elmek IncGamers Member

Thx for tips Happy. These trappers are really a pain.
    Spamming tornados in the trapfields does not work well, especially when SM interrupts. However running around trap field and spamming random tornadoes can work sometimes. I scored some kills like that.
    I find it good to cast wolf into trapfield to make all traps fire at it. I can sometimes be lucky, waste last shot of all traps like that and tele instantly in. It wont work against good trappers though. However wolf casting makes usually them to move.

Peace. :wink3: