How to turn on a laptop without opening it

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
How to turn on a laptop without opening it

Hello,

Well I recently decided to buy an external monitor and keyboard for my laptop, because im done with school and therefore i won't be moving my laptop much anymore. There's now absolutely no need to open the laptop except to press the power button and then close the lid again, so I was wondering if there is anyway i can turn on the laptop without opening the lid?, something that does not involve a timer or a set time because i know that can be done. But something that involves pressing something or i don't know and have it turn on. Maybe some of you have come with some ideas on how to do this, or some bizarre solutions?. My laptop is a dell inspiron 6000 running Windows XP and it has external audio buttons is it possible to configure on of them as a on/off button?, or what else can i do?.

Ideas are welcome :)
Thank you.
-Oscar

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: How to turn on a laptop without opening it

Depending on the model about the only thing I know of is to set a power profile to boot up when you plug in the AC power.

HaLoPhReAk

Diabloii.Net Member

Perhaps a stupid idea that won't work, but maybe try opening the cd tray? Not much else that I know of >.<

GL on it!

MYK

Diablo: IncGamers Member

I gently caress mine near the USB port. Works like a charm...

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member

A dock. Not sure if that's what it's called in Engrish, but it's that thing you mount your lpt on for desk usage. It'll cost though.

edit: A docking station that is.

edit2: I just remembered that one of my PC's has a bios setting for a startup password. You type the password and hit enter and it starts up. It was set up in BIOS. Check around.

Last edited:

S Z

Diabloii.Net Member

'Wake on Keyboard'

'Wake on Mouse'

'Wake on USB'

in Bios. Go!