Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to trust ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PublicEnemy, Feb 25, 2004.

1. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

How to trust ?

Is there a way to know if you can trust for sure the people who know you ?
    I'm asking this because i still don't know how to recognize the ones i can trust

Keep your sarcasm/cynicism out of my thread or don't post,
    thanks in advance

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

"It is prudent never to trust completely those who have deceived us even once" -Descartes

It is difficult to test for trust, as these tests often violate said trust. It would seem that trust is something you must feel and observe, but beware, because how can you trust your feelings and observations? (Since you have had false observations before...)

Trust me on this one.

3. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Well, you can ask them. ;)

Other than that you just have to share and see what happens.

Yes, you will get burned sometimes. And that can hurt a lot. But the relationships that do work out have their own rewards. Those ones are gold.

Start off slow if you have to but don't live without trying to establish those bonds.

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Best... post.... ever. :lol:

5. xXxDraGoNxXx1123

xXxDraGoNxXx1123 IncGamers Member

Give them a gun and ask them to shoot you in the face.

If you are not shot, it is safe to say you can trust them. If you die, well, then I guess it doesn't matter if you trust them anymore or not. :lol:

6. Akira

Akira Member

Well if they usually do what they promise they'll do chances are high they're trustworthy. As opposed to someone who never really holds up their end of the bargain but always has some excuse handy.

7. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

I would remove the bullets before asking shooting;however,as a special favour,i would keep the bullets inside just for you to let you know if you can trust me

8. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I'd shoot Dragon in the face

and what do you need to trust them on? do you need them to keep secrets or do you need to know you can count on them to come through in a pinch? someone could be honest and trustworthy yet also be inept and unreliable depending which you mean

9. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

You always have to get burned before you can trust someone.

10. GIR

GIR Banned

Give them your shoes, and ask them to walk a mile in them for you.
    If they do it, they value your friendship. If they come back afterwards, you can trust them.
    If they don't come back, it's time to but a new pair of shoes.

11. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I'm basically with SN on this.

"Wrong me once, shame on you. Wrong me twice, shame on me." If trust is broken once, then I never trust again. I'd say there is really no way of trusting just random friends. Like when I was in elementary school, I asked this one chick out because she was hot. My friend had been trying to go out with her for a while now (which I didn't know) and when she said yes to me out of nowhere, all hell broke loose. I mean, this guy had the looks and everything compared to me, but damn I was so smooth I guess. Anyways, the guy ends up doing everything he can to break us apart, and nothing worked, so feeling that my relationship with one of my two best friends was at stake, I broke things off. Never trusted him again, hehe.

There is only one person in this world I would trust completely with my life, and that is my significant other. Everyone else, I don't trust from the start. You gotta earn it.

12. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."

:D

13. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I'll have an order of whatever Steel is drinking, barkeep! :drink:

14. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

:lol:

Good one Steel.

To the OP. You can never know. That´s the whole point of trust. If you knew that the person you told a secret would drop dead if he or she tried to pass the secret on there would be no need for trust. You have to either take the chance or be forever suspicious and alone.

Trust is voluntarily leaving yourself at someone elses mercy.

15. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

you can't trucst anyone 100% of the time...no one is perfect. but there are a lot of people oyu can trust 99.9997% of the time and that's usually good enough. whether r not you can trust someone is not something oyu can test other than confiding in them and getting to know how they react.

I'm sure we've all known some people in our lives who have done things we were amazied to see them do, things that completely violated everything oyu thought you knew about them....

The best you can do is be a trusting person but beware of your hunches and gut instincts.

I'm not sure why you ask this question...if it's a relationship thing many will tell you to dump said person if they ever cheat...others would tell you if you love them give thiem another chance. I dislike hard and fast rules...i say do your best to do what oyu think is best and oyu'll turn out just fine.

16. mudvaynefan

mudvaynefan IncGamers Member

You would shoot him in the face...HA... pansy

i would KILL him in the face~

17. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

You now owe me royalties. Pay up punk.

18. th5418

th5418 Banned

I dont trust others. Everyone comes to me and pours their secrest on me. Is this wierd or what?

19. Maverikk

Maverikk IncGamers Member

Usually telling them your deepest and darkest secrets usually work. I mean if a case of bestiality doesn't scare them away, you probably have yourself a pretty trustworthy friend. Of course you still have to worry about them telling somebody else, so that's why you also tell them you're an axe-murderer...unless you really are an axe-murderer. In which case I don't think you'd have much friends.

20. th5418

th5418 Banned

I dont think you would want to tell others your deepest darkest secret. That doesnt make a trustworthy friend if they dont run away. What if they just want to blackmail you?