Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to transfer items between two accounts?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by kingcu, Mar 15, 2004.

1. kingcu

kingcu IncGamers Member

How to transfer items between two accounts?

Can I do this on a single PC? Thanks.

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Yep... it's done the same way you do it between 2 different chars.

Just exit the account and rejoin with the other one.

3. kingcu

kingcu IncGamers Member

Sorry, but I am not sure how you do it between 2 chars. Do you mean to create a password-protected game first, then join with the first char and drop the item on ground and exit, then join with the second char and pick up the item?

I don't know if the game is still there if your first char exits. So, I am wondering if there is any more secure way to do this.

Thanks.

4. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

make a private game.

wait for about 5-7 minutes. drop what ever items you want to transfer

leave and go on your other account.

go in the game, pick up items.

make sure you wait at least 5 minutes, so the game stays up.

5. kingcu

kingcu IncGamers Member

That worked for me. Thanks for help. :thumbsup:

6. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

I am also new to this game and I have a few character and I finally tried mueling the other day and now I am happy because now I can trade crap from my old players to my new ones.

7. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

CAUTION!!!!

Be aware guys. B.net is often unstable and computers are quirky things too. Lots of things can happen that can cause you to lose any items you have on the ground. Realm goes down, you can get tagged, comp freezes up, etc. There's no guarantee that your game will hold up long enough for you to re-join and retrieve your items. Be prepared to lose that killer merc weapon you've been dying to use if you use this method. That said here's the good news. I've been solo muling heavily for six months now and have lost nothing. Luck? Probably, but options are limited. Good luck and don't quit and re-join too quickly. :)

Glenn

8. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

After waiting 5-7 minutes, I usually leave with my first character and then immediately rejoin with him (before dropping anything on the ground) to just make sure that the game is set in the server. If i get back into it, I proceed with muling. Good luck, and always remember the golden rule of muling: Don't solo mule anything that you absolutely can't bear to lose if b.net burps during your transfer.

9. simpleaddict01

simpleaddict01 IncGamers Member

It is a stupid question, but I solo muled for the first time on friday, the first game i made to mf in diablo walked the earth, and after i beat him, I needed someone to come in and get the anni that dropped. After thinking about it, I knew the game ahd been open for more than 5-7 minutes, so i got a firend to make a normal game, went in there, dropped my anni, and went back and got the other one, and it worked fine.

Now for the stupid question, after being in a game for so long, how long do the games remain active before they disappear? Just wodering if anyone has ever tested it b4.

10. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

It should be up 5 minutes after the last player had left it. Once you come back that timer is reset and starts ticking only after you leave the game again. Be careful though, bringing several mules in and out of games too rapidly might get bnet to kick you out for 15 minutes.

11. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

This is known as "getting tagged." If you hear that expression that's what it means. It's a great way to lose your items so be careful.

GB