Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to trade Annihilus "Safely"

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Cooked, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

How to trade Annihilus "Safely"

How do you trade the Annihilus charm without losing the charm, or the item you are trading for the charm, since the charm can't be traded in the Trade Window?

I have a suggestion but it will be a bit of work.

1.Both traders agree to make new level one characters,or use exsisting level
    one characters

2.Mule the charm or item to trade for charm to the new mules.

3.One trader opens new game with higher level character.

4.He then proceeds to clear a suitable* area of the catacombs in act one.
    *suitable area = someplace where both traders can safely drop items
    resulting in a fairly long walk to get the other persons item.

5.The high level character gives catacombs wp to other person then
    brings his level one character to game.

6.Both traders go to agreed part of catacombs, drop their items and finish
    the trade.

This trading stratagy is rather a lot of work but, considering the value of the annihilus charm and the kind of items that might be traded for the charm, it might well be worth the bother.

Using level one characters prevents fast running from Burst of speed or Vigor or teleporting Sorceresses or using teleporting amulets and the like.

Like all guides this 'Guide' needs your input to fill in all the thing I have not thought of, please comment !

2. magejames_04

magejames_04 Banned

wow thats really creative now if only we can get everybody to do that

3. AgentPongo

AgentPongo IncGamers Member

how will you know if the other person even dropped their item or not? They could just say they droped it and when you go to trade he'll get what you dropped and you get nothing.

4. reese101295

reese101295 IncGamers Member

Get a friend or someone from this forum to be in the game with you. Have them grab the annhilus, and when he/she has it, you drop your stuff, and get the anni from your friend when the other leaves the game

5. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

trading annilus would be easy...you drop your anni charm at the lower sewers entrance of act 2 and the other person stands a bit to the left and above the entrance and both drops their items....make sure the game is pw'd and only the 2 of you are in the game. Any 3rd person in the game is a no go for this trade situation.

Warnings though about trading for anni

stats are an unknown...you cant see em until you pick em up...you're trusting the other guy for the stats on the anni- questionable on bnet :)

second : there are hacks out there that supposedly lag you enough so that the other person can take his item back and while you're still laggin, steal your item as well. I personally find it very hard to think about trading for / or away an anni. I would say that most games i've seen on the public games that are trading an anni are 75% scams ... yes i truly believe this because i join em and ask what the trading arrangements are...50% of involve the tavern in act 2 which is a scam ridden fest hole....

edit:thought = though ? oops...

6. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

You want to find a place in the Catacombs where a wall seperates the traders and the connecting door is far enough away that it takes a bit before you can reach the dropped items. This way you can see the item dropped but can not get to it too fast.(may even prevent lag hacks, depending on how long the lag is.

7. bres

bres IncGamers Member

can you call the palace a safe place to trade anni ?
    I was once scammed in act 1 near the wp , didn't see there are more people in the game :( never tried to trade for anni anymore

8. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

I would simply have a safe third party to assist with the trade. Anybody with a fairly high post count and good reputation in any of these trading forums would do.

Player A drops the Annihilus for 3rd Party in a separate game.
    Player B trades the items to the 3rd Party in a separate game, 3rd party drops Annihilus after receiving all the items.
    3rd Party trades the items from Player B to Player A in the first game.

Of course it involves trust.

~Hearts~

9. Variable_Angel

Variable_Angel IncGamers Member

just one question. . .

. . . WHY DO YOU WANT TO TRADE YOUR ANNIHILUS CHARM?!

i mean, isnt it crazy that you tackled the 'Big D' Clone and you just wanna trade it?!

i guess for a person like me that would be crazy
    but you super-high-end people would trade it

just wondering:
    what *do* you trade it for?

-Roux

10. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Well I don't have the charm but I see people offering to trade them and others who have traded or have lost out in a scam trade. Because of those observations I thought I would share this "guide".

Mostly people trade the charm for high runes, some people have several of them.

11. Master-mind

Master-mind IncGamers Member

What if the level one char has e.G. Teleport charges in an item? But I guess no 1 lvl char can use that kind of item.. :scratch:

12. willluk

willluk IncGamers Member

cant u trade by that square by alkor in act 3? bothe stand opposite sides drop items then run round?

13. dark'one

dark'one Banned

that cham is not for trading. but if you do then don't trade with a chare there is over lvl 12 if they got hige level they can steel your item no matter what you do..

14. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

You could trade in act 3 as you suggest however you would have to either rush eachother to act 3 or use higher level characters.

Rushing that far takes too long to set up trade.

Using higher level characters risks the other player using teleport amulets or fast running skills and/or gear.

Keep posting ideas though, maybe we can come up with something that actually works. My original idea here didn't work either (see my next post).

15. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Well here I am talking to myself....

Advanced Player says...

Hey Cooked ! Um.. did you test this before you posted the "guide"? The reason I ask is because it dosn't work. It doesn't work because you can't see the other players dropped item: you can't see through the walls in catacombs.

Cooked...

Oops. Thanks for the 'Heads Up'. You are right. The best place I can find is jail level one. Find one of the stand alone cells or cages on that level. One trader stands outside the cage at the center set of candles and the other trader stands in side the cage. (Warning: if you are the one inside the cage DO NOT stand too close to the cage wall or the player outside the cage can grab your item THROUGH the wall, just like the popular act two scam.) Level one characters take about eight seconds to reach the opposite dropped item.

The difficulty with this location is that few players have the Jail Level One waypoint.

It is ok to talk to your self. It is even ok to answer back. It's when you say "Huh?" that you know you are in trouble!

16. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

Youre very correct,They are a great charm,But like for me,There was a period of time on SCL that the D-Clone seemed to spawn once a day,at one point I had 10 of them ( Zealott beat him down like a little ***** ) so yes,I did trade several for Uber Items although most of these trades were done with friends and members of my friends clans.

17. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

OK. Lots of people are reading this but, no one is commenting.

Is it just too much bother to use this method of trading?

Is this 'guide' too flawed? If so, how would you improve on it.

Has anyone been scammed in an Annilihus trade lately?

PLEASE note the correction I made in post number 15.

18. qhc

qhc IncGamers Member

To trade out of town is definitely stupid, the other guy may trap the wp then "boon" your anni gone with your lv1, or whatever may happens.

My suggestion is buy one from ebay^^, much safer!

Or only trade with ppl who have ebay acc or something like that. Make a special trade offer with buy it now, and get a positive fb after trade. If that guy have bad fb history or declear he has no ebay acc etc, leave the game and squelch him.

19. AieAlienz

AieAlienz IncGamers Member

I Agree!!!!!!

P.S. If you have an account on ebay

20. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

Just out of curiosity....could you eloborate on that scam ?
    I'm really curious about how the tavern fits into this...