Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to talk like a GG Dueler

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by michaeljay, Jul 6, 2010.

1. michaeljay

michaeljay IncGamers Member

How to talk like a GG Dueler

I don't duel. I mf in duel games for the boost in /players. However I amuse myself by following the somewhat tortured dialogue of the duelers and, although I don't have GG, I feel that I can sound the part of a GG dueler. Sometimes I'll even start trash talking all the way from the River of Flame just to feel like I belong. And sometimes they'll even trash talk back.

Here's what I have picked up from my time in D U E L Z.

When you die:

1) Accuse your opponent of being a nerd. Although we are all playing D2, and we can all be accused of being nerds, you aren't a nerd because you're GG. You could pick girls up if you wanted to and if you weren't playing D2 on Friday night like all these other dorks. In fact "girl" begins with the same letter as GG. Best to include lols in your accusation to show that you aren't mad. Illustration: "u nerd"; "lol nerd"; "gonna go out/real life/ya know/nerds

2) Doubt the dueler's reputation. Because you're GG, you're well-known. You participate in elite dueling tournaments and you're in an elite dueling guild (but you all call it a club because you're not nerds and because club is like the place you go to pick up girls and drinks). So when you lose, call your opponent "some rando." Rando is short for and consequently is more demeaning than "random." Tell him that you have better things to do than duel randos in nub pubs. Sit in town to prove that it's more fun to ogle Cain than it is to slaughter randos.

3) Threaten to wear your BM gear. You lost. WTFHAX? Most likely they did something BM like play as a druid or use a trapsin. So now it's time to tell them that you've got hotspurs and dracs in your stash. It's time to start nking the server. It might even be time to...

4) Threaten to get your NL account. If they think you're GG on Ladder, they will know you're GG on NL where you've hoarded perf nigmas and perf griffs and perf maras and perf lulzbots. Tell the rando your account name - but because he's rando, he won't know who you are - and challenge him to a NL no holds barred duel. Point him in the direction of Google so he can see for yourself that you're a D2 force. "Look me up, nerd." Try to refine his search query by providing him some key terms to make sure you pop up on Google: your account name + the website you post at + the title of thread where you made a post and weren't insulted by rando trolls.

5) Threaten to get THEIR class to show them how it's done. Suppose you're rolling pub newbs with your GG smiter and some rando auradin shows up and kills you. Lol at that. Now say you're without your BM gear for whatever reason so you cannot sorb resist all. What to do? Tell him that he sucks at stacking and that if he'd give you $50,000 you'd show him the proper way to stack. Tell him that you'll get your auradin and explain that you have 4 dream helms. If he doesn't "get it", lol and tell him, again, that he sucks. Or suppose you lost to a nigma barb. Again, tell him that he sucks at teleporting. Tell him that if he wants, you'll get your own nigma barb who has hit the highest FCR breakpoint and who has over 8k life and 20k defense. Illustration: in my opinion, it's best to tell someone he sucks by ordering him to "get good."

When you win:

1) Accuse opponent of having an increased blood pressure. You can't get worked up by a video game. You're above that. You're GG. But your opponent spends every waking hour trying to gain credibility on the dueling circuit. His gear is boobies, not GG. So when you beat him, you assert your GG over his boobies and that pisses him off to no end. Again, incorporate lols into your accusation (e.g. lol u mad) to show that you're having a good time, since this is a video game, and video games were meant to be enjoyed.

2) Offer kindly to buy the villain's account for a pittance of forum gold. You have, I don't know, 50,000 fg. Because his gear sucks, it won't cost all that much fg to acquire all of it, so make him an offer along the lines of "BIN 10fg for ur acct." When he doesn't get it, accuse him of rando status and laugh. Laugh. A lot.

3) Type "QQ more." Self-explanatory. Best to do this preemptively so that your opponent knows that you know that he's planning to QQ. GG sees in future.

4) Offer to upload screenies. You've got the screenies to prove that you whooped his ***. Throw the gauntlet down - tell him your SN on JSP, and tell him that you'll put the screenies up for him to see.

When you're doing nothing in particular:

1) Tell everyone you have them on ignore. Say that you can't hear them. Lol.

2) Get high. Well, don't REALLY get high. Just say that you're smoking trees.

3) Give strat advice. Say two zons are dueling and they're being polite and saying "g" and "g duel." They suck. Tell them that you cannot believe they're using Shakos like nubs. Tell them that you can FC and that if you wanted to you could use a program that had max everything (and type it out, too, like max fhr/max fcr/max life/etc).

4) You're the perfect age. Lose to nub, call him "loser kid." Beat Proper Grammar Guy, call him "old no life nub." When in doubt, say "cool story bro" to show that you're hip to the latest Internet memes. But at least once per session you also should declare "occy ring lol 1.9" to show that you've been around the block.

If you're mf'ing and the other players have caught on and are now harassing you:

Deflect their criticism by feigning ignorance. Best to express confusion as to why they're hostile, e.g. GUYS WHY HOSTILE ME??? tHIS IS TEAM GAME. BAAL PARTY UP PLZ. Eventually they'll leave you alone after labeling you nub no life mfing in duel game nerd.

What did I miss?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

Re: How to talk like a GG Dueler

nub no life mfing in duel game nerd!

3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Question everybody's sexual orientation.
    Tell stories about having sexual encounters with the opponent's parents.

And once, not even in a duel game, some guy kept insisting I was from Ireland and that he would hire people to come and kill me. So yeah, that works too.

4. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

Ehh, dueling lingo is the best ;] I've never dueled because I suck at it like no other ^.^ Nevertheless, I did have a javazon and used to BM duel games all the time with farcast. Yeah, back before the banwave that struck people who used D2loader. Oh well, I had fun looking at those guys getting pissed beyond zenith and imagining spitting their breakfast/dinner all over the screen while they do it. heh, fun times indeed.

5. DoW Fanatic

DoW Fanatic IncGamers Member

All the kewl kidz do it! :alright:

Tell them to shut up and call them a punk. Absolutely infuriates them. :thumbup:

6. taxcut

taxcut IncGamers Member

You missed one... Join "Bow Zon Duels" with your GG Hdin so they can see what a real character looks like... Then tell everyone that it's "My mf char" that's 1 hitting them and not a Gmod hacked char with gear you bought from a website... "Skills kid" is usually spammed...

A variation of this is done with a Bone Necro... First, Make sure you Decrepify and Boneprison Zons that can't teleport... Then you can land on them with 33 revives and dodge lock them before you kill em... Bonespearing a prisoned zon can earn you a lot of respect in the pub duel world... Type "Remake" or "GG"and then camp their body and kill them every time they try to recover it...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  7. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

I usally duel in "low duels" and games like that and for the most part people there seem to have a higher iq.. But extremely often a "bored" hld will join cause he cant compete with the real hld's and start killing us. And they sound EXACTLY like your post :p Though as soon as we kill them once, it becomes a mission to keep them from ever getting near there body again.

Edit: your forgot people calling themselves "number1" ie: "#1 Soso in all ladder right here"

8. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I actually find it kinda odd that smoking and doing drugs while you're D'ing it up is considered "cool" and makes you a G.
    I thought we all learned from The Simpsons that "smokers are jokers!"

9. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

haha win :)

I usually mf in private games, but due to the wonderfullness that is trying make a game atm I think i'll learn me duelz speak to impress my mum.

10. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

What you do is make them see
    "Their Name" has been killed by "Your Name"
    Over and over

11. boogyman19946

bob I believe it's "Their name" has been slain by "Your name." Killed would be too nice. The game has to make them picture you ripping through their body whilst their guts spill out... yeah, that's the sign of a GG hdin smacking the living demons out of you with an invisible hammer.

12. michaeljay

I missed some easy ones.

Simple GG dialogue:

EZ 2 EZ

Failsin, where "sin" can equal almost any class, like faildin or failbarb, but not failcro...unfortunately.

#1 Soso itg (as reddude said)

u broke (GG are rich, and I mean RICH)

Another type of challenge:

When you lose, challenge your opponent to a ft5 (first to five) duel for forum gold. Make it an amount that you know he cannot afford so that he has no choice but to refuse your request unless he bluff accepts, in which case you bluff back by declaring your jsp account. If he bluffs back by pming you, you take the bluff to the next level and start a thread calling him out. If he won't relent and posts in the thread, you unplug your cable modem and take a vacation from D2 for a week. You were getting laid. Go look that up on Google Images in case they ask questions. Next time, start your thread in the wrong forum so a moderator will come to your rescue and lock it.

Illustration: "lmao not even trying. 4 that you gutta put up 8k fg broke nub".

Do they "hack"?

On the one hand, GG duelers have GG skills so they have no use for third party assistance. They use so many hotkeys that they've got three keyboards going at once. They're able to play using one hand because their other hand is holding their...drink. But on the other hand, they have GG knowledge. GG knowledge implies that they understand everything about D2 from simple drop rates to its server protocol. So in a sense GG duelers must be able to hack if they choose to do so. It is also Lulz to FC unwitting nubs. I've seen both cases. One time a GG dueler came in (I could tell he was GG because the pub regulars lol'd when he joined and he responded by saying "sup lol nubs") and massacred everyone using FC and autotown. His pals took it well and lmaod. Most of the time, though, the "hacker" is clearly not GG, because he doesn't bluff back when challenged to a ft5 duel for 10,000 fg.

13. michaeljay

I don't think that this rant warrants the creation of a new thread, so I am just extending my old thread.

How to kill D U E L Z

You're a blizz sorc, and you're in a nice 8 player duel game mf'ing. Drops are splendid. You just joined the Halls of Pain...and you notice that you've gotten the best possible spawns: goatmen, temple guards, and flayers. Drops galore! You set about your business, slaughtering monsters as fast as you can, and they do their part by dropping items as fast as they can. You're so comfortable that you even take the luxury of alt-tabbing to change your Winamp playlist. Then someone says,

"BM."

It's a lone comment, one word from a frustrated noob. Ignore it.

"Stacking bm."

"LOL how much u pay???"

"No skkll bring a real chr pls."

The complaints build. You rest in a corner and look at the player's list. Uh oh. Looks like Jonny_Stacks is in the game, US East's top BM auradin. This, my friend, is bad news. You try and mf even faster, but you have to waste too much time scarfing up gold and potions to make sure you don't miss any good items. Before long the players start to quit. Duelers are prototypical lemmings, and once one decides the current game isn't worth it, the rest follow suit.

You want to yell, TEAM UP AGAINST HIM! In fact, you do. You put out an lol, to look like a GG dueler yourself, one who's mysteriously absent from Act 1, and you suggest a tag team. You're ignored. Why, it'd make so much sense, wouldn't it, for the other 6 duelers to team up against the universally despised BMer? Knock him out, then go back to what you were doing beforehand? Too much sense. Better to exist in anarchy and chaos, oblivious to the game's inevitable destroyer, until he slays you, too, at which point you run out and get NKed - again, and again. Then you swear a lot and leave the game, mad.

The game whittles down to just 3 players: you, now disconsolate, well beyond the point of fury, the BMer, and a sycophant, one player who asks the BMer to see his gear and asks if he'll sell his character for 300 FG.

But there's hope. New life. One of the players returns, and he's brought a friend: the server''s chief BMing zon, FvckYou. Ordinarily you cringe when this guy's in the game, because his Far Casting ways will cause everyone to whine and quit. Now, though, you're hoping for some sort of BM counterbalance. And that's exactly what you get. Sure, Jonny lols at the prospect of FC, unaware perhaps that stacking is also BM. Nevertheless, tradition demands that he and the zon go at it for a while, and the server repopulates. You're able to salvage the Halls of Pain on players 6, and you now head for the City of the Damned where, once again, the spawns favor you. Damned, pit lords, and storm casters, oh my.

And then Jonny drops. Like that. He has left the server unprotected. In response, the zon posts an ASCII script that shows a handgun. It doesn't help the zon had found someone to party with him against Jonny, a lvl 96 lite sorc. These two guys cannot figure out how to protect the game: un-party. No one's going to stay in this game if you two work together. And no one does. They all leave. When someone joins, he's promptly disposed of and then NKed. The BMers hostile you for good measure, wait about five minutes, and then say 'ng,' as if they had coordinated this attack beforehand.

The other way to kill a dueling game

The old first-to-five challenge. 8 players can go down to 2 - you and the afker - very fast if the challenge is accepted.

14. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

I really dont pay attention to what elitist duelers have to say. They just try to get to you anyways so no worries.

15. Goldwrap

Goldwrap IncGamers Member

anyone with the suffix KOR - call them a korean house dog and the game repopulates within 18 seconds - i used this command a lot, it seems there are endless numbers of koreans playing with less than mediocre chars with the odd leet leader thrown in for good measure - good fun :)

ofcourse i was the number1 dueler on europe :) so when i emptied the duel games i had to come up with new ways to get my fix , at first it was baal runs , then i resorted to the euro pvp games but they got wise and it was harder and harder to get the password to their games, but having an insider helped - eventually he was caught out :) it was by pure chance i called a particular persistant korean a house dog and wooosh his whole cyber cafe what not would join the game, team up and die

16. boogyman19946

What modesty. :thumbup: At least you have decent spelling.

17. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I only did pvp once. I was using my pvm fishymancer in a team duel (teamed with a faith bowzon), and after I killed a guy 2 or 3 times, he kept calling me "EZ necro". I called him an idiot and left.

Edit: I was using a pretty well geared fishy with Enigma. I had Obedience on the Merc, so all I had to do was telestomp him and he'd die in half a second. I had max block and a full set of skellies, so he never even hit me.

18. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Yes, you, tC_Akira and Stevemac.

- D.J.

edit, almost forgot steve

19. jread

jread IncGamers Member

What is "FC"?

What is "BM"?

20. michaeljay

BM = bad manners, which is supposed to mean unethical behavior (like stacking fire absorb against a sorc specializing in fireball). PvP guilds and leagues try to come up with a reasonable list of BM equipment and tactics - so one ravenfrost may not be BM, but two would be. In pubs, BM often translates to anything which a dueler does not like. So you have blizz sorcs complaining that ravenfrost is BM, and druids complaining that hammerdins are BM, and hammerdins complaining that other hammerdins are BM just because they want to be the only hammerdin in the room, dammit, so on and so forth.

FC stands for far cast and is an amazon's ability to cast charged strike from afar. Because FC is so damned difficult to perform legitimately, those who use it usually do so so with hacks. With the mod, amazons can use it off-screen, and it will always hit. Very, very BM.