How to stop LCD from auto-adjusting?

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
How to stop LCD from auto-adjusting?

Got a new computer recently and was just checking out what the settings for LCDs are like. Pretty sure I didn't change anything, but it keeps auto-adjusting when I run games and boot the CPU up. How might I stop it from auto-adjusting?

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure. Niether of mine have ever done that.

Did it come with an owner's manual? Is it the Monitor that is causing this, or the computer?

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
Can't imagine why it'd be the computer. It began doing it immediately after I looked at the settings and ran D2. It adjusts during the first Blizzard logo sequence and at the title screen. FYI, it's just the basic Dell 15-inch.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
Phesto said:
Got a new computer recently and was just checking out what the settings for LCDs are like. Pretty sure I didn't change anything, but it keeps auto-adjusting when I run games and boot the CPU up. How might I stop it from auto-adjusting?

Does it do that for all game? Because certain games can only run on specific resolutions. . .

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
a frind of mine got a new samsung lcd monitor, it auto adjusts whenever the screen mode or resolution changes
i think its annoying, it should remember what the settings were instead of trying to adjust every time
if it has a black background it wont adjust properly, chopping off the top of windows is pretty bad imo