How to socket Aldur's Weapon?

rolo419

Diabloii.Net Member
have an empty aldur as well...

was wondering, what would be better...shael amn eth - shael shael amn - or shael shael eth? im doing a pvm fury wolf...ive never done nething with increasing frame rates on attacks (have been playing off and on since beginning)...so not sure how much 2 shaels is compared to 1...neways, i use feral rage and have sopme good ll from items...so dont think i need the amn...what u think?

o...and this is my first post...ive been a "member" for a while now...btu never posted...neways...thanks
 

Thirty-Thirty

Diabloii.Net Member
rolo419 said:
was wondering, what would be better...shael amn eth - shael shael amn - or shael shael eth?
I doubt the Amn is worth it, since there's already 10% life-steal on the weapon. I'm also not sure about how many Shaels to use. Three seems to be one frame faster than two (though I might be wrong there), so thats probably where I'll go. Your attack rating should be high if you're using a shield anyway, since you need a lot to keep up blocking at high levels. Plus, if you're using the set, your Attack Rating gets an extra boost. I reckon another Shael beats an Eth too.
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Thirty-Thirty said:
I'm also not sure about how many Shaels to use. Three seems to be one frame faster than two (though I might be wrong there), so thats probably where I'll go.
The difference between 2-3 Shaels is...

2 Shaels = 9/5 Fury or 1 Fury every 29 frames
3 Shaels = 8/5 Fury or 1 Fury every 28 frames

Not much of a difference, an Eth or Amn would be a nice alternative, unless you're a total speed freak:) Even though the Aldur's mace has lifesteal, the damage is quite low, so more lifeleech is never a bad thing.
 

Thirty-Thirty

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
The difference between 2-3 Shaels is...
2 Shaels = 9/5 Fury or 1 Fury every 29 frames
3 Shaels = 8/5 Fury or 1 Fury every 28 frames
I was planning on using Fire Claws, in which case the 9/8 break seems pretty important, especially since off weapon IAS doesn't seem to help. (And maybe I am a bit of a speed freak...) Either way, I'll probably keep the third socket open until I need to fill it. I might pick up life steal on some gloves. This is all personal preference anyway. I think we've nailed down the basic do and don'ts of socketing Aldur's Rhythm by now.
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Thirty-Thirty said:
I was planning on using Fire Claws, in which case the 9/8 break seems pretty important, especially since off weapon IAS doesn't seem to help. (And maybe I am a bit of a speed freak...)QUOTE]

If you're going Fire claws the last frame is definitely worth it...and in my opinion even 8 frames is kind of slow...
 

rolo419

Diabloii.Net Member
aldurs weap sock thingy

thanks guys for the help...i think i have 1 shael atm...oinly been on ladder for about 2 weeks and havent been playing much as of late...enways, 2 shaels it is...and ill save the amn/eth for later....to be determined...enways, how well does eth work for pvm versus super uniques and act bosses?
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
just as well as vs. anything else. eths effect is not halved. in other words, if the boss has 8k defense, it now has 6k for your to hit calculations.

--welt
 

k0d3

Diabloii.Net Member
werebear

for a werebear would still hold true that 2 shaels +eth would be the best way to go? or should it still got for the 3 shaels?
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
3 shaels ups the bps by at least one, if not two. Its a *very* slow weapon on a werebear, so you need the extra speed. However, you are forgetting that aldurs gives +150% bonus ar, so his attack rating won't be that bad. For pvm, it can work, at least.

--welt
 

Thirty-Thirty

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
3 shaels ups the bps by at least one, if not two. Its a *very* slow weapon on a werebear, so you need the extra speed. However, you are forgetting that aldurs gives +150% bonus ar, so his attack rating won't be that bad. For pvm, it can work, at least.
Had a look at the attack speed calculator. The weapon speed is irrelevant of which wereform you use. More importantly, both get the 8fpa break from the third shael.
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
This is somewhat true...but you have to remember that a Fury druid attacks differently than a bear. Fury consists of 1 slow attack followed by 4 faster ones...like this 8/5/5/5/5...so an increase in wolf attack speed from 9 to 8 won't really benefit all that much (the difference between a 29 and 28 frame fury), whereas for a bear it is very important.
 
Top