Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to report botting accounts? (Any address I can mail to?) der=0

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by uNxHiTMaN, Mar 26, 2005.

1. uNxHiTMaN

uNxHiTMaN Banned

How to report botting accounts? (Any address I can mail to?)

I am tired of all the botting going on on d2....

I'm leveling my hammerdin legity (lvl94) and so far I've died like 6 times due to lag/hardware issues.
    It just aint fair that some baal bot teles and uses a "leave hack" if hes gonna die....
    Anywhere I can report those bots??
    I know you know where I can do so.
    Thnks in advance.

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, first of all, a lot of things aren't fair in life. If you feel like reporting them, you can't report out of feeling, only out of ethics.

Second of all, I doubt Blizzard will do anything about them, in particular if you mail them, but you can always give it a try.

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

All emails concerning hacks and other illegal third party programs should be sent to [email protected] Make sure you include as much information as you can about the person, such as the realm and account name.

I'm not sure how active they are in banning botters, but it's worth a shot. I mean, if you dont do anything, then your going to have to resort to prayers of lightning bolts hitting their computers ..... or something :)

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

fist of heavens, go go! (maximum synergies btw) ;)

are you sure that email is right? wouldnt it come up as a linky?

5. uNxHiTMaN

uNxHiTMaN Banned

Thats the answer I needed. Thank you so much man.

6. frederikdnd2

frederikdnd2 IncGamers Member

I guess ima have to dissapoint you, but how can blizzard ever take action against a report like that??i mean, even if you are saying the truth, then this will be abused later on by players who just have fun seeing accounts dissapear. You need to come with really hard evidance, and i'm afraid that you really can't give this...if it was all that easy, all the botters would've been banned by now

7. uNxHiTMaN

uNxHiTMaN Banned

You got a point there. IF blizard can really monitor accounts, they will see that xxx account is INDEED a bot. How hard is that? I restate myself IF they monitor accounts...Else its impossible.

8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Blizzard don't ban accounts based on reports alone. They do indeed monitor and watch suspected users, and take action from there. Unfortunatly, there's not a good ratio between bnet users and Blizzard staff, so it's impossible for them to monitor all users, and just ban the bots. They rely on reports by users. If someone sends a flase report about a person who isn't using hacks, that person won't be banned based on the report.

They have, however, kept an active lookout in the past. Several times, they have banned thousands of CD-Keys because of their link to hacking/botting. Obviously they didn't just take a guess with these people. Unfortunatly, the last account banning was back on the 3rd of December, 2003, whereby 800+ D2 accounts were closed.

Alot of information relating to reporting hackers/botters can be found at http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=asi0460p. Most notably:

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Blizzard doesn't care. I doubt they even look at the [email protected] email (or whatever the address is).