Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to reduce delay in game?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Madagou, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Madagou

Madagou IncGamers Member

How to reduce delay in game?

Hi i don't have the best computer in the world, actually a laptop is what i'm playing on, i'm just wondering is there neway to reduce the delay from a click to an action?

e.g. I click the waypoint and half a second later, the menu pops up.
    Now i 'v seen videos where people online, click the waypoint and it immediately comes up as if in single player.

I reciever absolutely no delay in single player wat so ever, but back to the main point, need a way to eliminate this delay, to ensure effeciency.

Btw i have broadband, but its through a router

2. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

the delay comes from the connection to the server. Check your ping with writing /fps in game if it's most the time more than 100, check your firewall and virus protection software log. Maybe some packages woun't let be trough or get a insane delay. Maybe you play on a realm on a other continent. Port forwarding on your router may help as well. Or simply your ISP has his own trouble.

I have a ping about 60 but it's possible to have one about 40

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

if your on dsl/cable and downloading stuff in the background it will lag more
    satellite isnt good for gaming at all, 5kpings are bad imo

4. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

Run diablo in a window, not full screen... i think you go to properties under the icon, and put a -w to the target...google it u'll find out.... it reduces lag TONS!!! and makes it faster to join/exit games (i think this is acceptable thing to do....right? lol unless its sooper 1337 haxzorzing to change the icon target lol)

5. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Live with it, that's what I do :\