Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how to play on lan?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by roguearthur, Nov 11, 2006.

1. roguearthur

roguearthur IncGamers Member

how to play on lan?

Does anybody know how to play on lan? Like, Online is blocked and so is open, and for tcp/ip games or wahtever the ip is like 10.9.10.5, and it says cannot connect to game etc.. is there anyway to lan still? :/

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

3. roguearthur

Well, i cant change around ports, since its at school. :(i cant just unblock ports ;D like, games with a lan option work, like counter strike..but i unno :[

4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Pwnd by a Mod. Anyway .... if you can't open port 4000 then I am betting you won't be able to play tcp/ip. However, if you go and read that very well written and helpful MP thread *cough* then it will tell you about hamachi. That fakes a LAN so you don't have to open ports. Presuming you can download and install it. Shouldn't you be studying at school?

Edit: The last bit should have had a smiley on it; :grin: sorry if it came across as rude. Unintentional, it's really obvious when I am being rude.

If you can't access Hamachi or open the ports or alter firewall settings, then no, I very much doubt you can play across the TCP/IP. I had to open the firewall to play over a LAN here at home.

5. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

If the other person you are playing with is on the same network as you (their computer would have a similar IP address) you can just use the listed address to play the game. (The second person hits join game and enters your IP.) If that's not working, they likely have some firewall settings that are causing you problems. If you don't have access to the network, there won't be much you can do.

6. roguearthur

Umm, 1. Hamachi is blocked at my school, don't think I didn't read the MP guide, and no i shouldnt be, i have study hall and no homework.