How to play fireclaw?

graal

Diabloii.Net Member
How to play fireclaw?

I've heard they can do well untwinked since they use the fire dmg instead of normal.
My guesses regarding skills are that I max lycanthropy and fireclaw as well as two fire elementals but im not sure.
About the weapon anyone with fast attack would do, am I right? Should it be twohanded och onehanded?

Your thoughts?

graal

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: How to play fireclaw?

No guide exists however to a PvM fireclaw druid does it?
What skills do you suggest except for Lycanthropy and fire claws?
Can you cast everything when in werebear/werewolf form?
I guess as in many other druid melee builds its important with attack speed and fast hit recovery.

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member

There's no guide for a PvM FC Druid, but in this thread gives pretty good info.

The skill layout is pretty simple:
5-20 Lycan
0-20 Oak Sage
20 Fire Claws
rest synergies (suggest Volcano and Molten Boulder - as explained in linked thread by SSoG)

You can't cast elemental skills in WW/WB form except for Armageddon, and you don't want to bother with that. You can summon minions though.

Yes, FHR and AS are most important. You'll have plenty of IAS with a 6-Shaeled PB (4 or 5 frames, not sure but it's the fastest BP for Fire Claws). You don't want a shield because Druids' FBR sucks. FHR you get from Bloodfist, Jalals and your belt (e.g. Verdungos).

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

110% ias on a pb reaches 4 frames and is max on fireclaws, so 6 shaels or 4 shaels with 2 15 ias +mod jewels. I would go with a shield if for nothing else the res from a sanc will help to boost them, and in pvm with shockwave you shouldn't be getting hit too often. Gores/Gtoes would be nice boots since your swinging so fast you will take chunks out of their life pool fast. Only real downside to this build is if your going at it solo, theres a lot of fire immunes in hell.

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member

110% ias on a pb reaches 4 frames and is max on fireclaws, so 6 shaels or 4 shaels with 2 15 ias +mod jewels. I would go with a shield if for nothing else the res from a sanc will help to boost them, and in pvm with shockwave you shouldn't be getting hit too often. Gores/Gtoes would be nice boots since your swinging so fast you will take chunks out of their life pool fast. Only real downside to this build is if your going at it solo, theres a lot of fire immunes in hell.
If you use a shield go for one with low block and high resists. A simple shield with 3 PDiamonds will do. agree on Gores.

For PI's, keep a Ribcracker on switch and use 1-pt Maul.

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

If you use a shield go for one with low block and high resists. A simple shield with 3 PDiamonds will do. agree on Gores.

For FI's, keep a Ribcracker on switch and use 1-pt Maul.
Fixed.

Rhyme is very nice shield btw.

graal

Diabloii.Net Member

A werewolf would hit faster and more accurate than a Bear right? But the Bear benefits from Shockwave. I guess I have a lot to choose from.

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member

No a bear hits faster than a wolf with FC, IIRC. Some kind of mess-up with the IAS stats. There's really no reason to go with a wolf, unless (1) you want Fury as a 2nd attack or (2) you prefer the way wolves look.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member

A werewolf would hit faster and more accurate than a Bear right? But the Bear benefits from Shockwave. I guess I have a lot to choose from.
a bear hits faster than a wolf with fireclaws. fireclaws has a nice AR boost which will help you plenty in bear form. also shockwave = amazing pvm skill.

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member

What about Shael'd Azurewrath as main weapon? (6 fpa with it I think) Will it be enough to take out FI's?

And do FC bears kill non-fire immunes excessively fast?

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

FC bears kill non-FI's quite fast, at least I think so. I haven't played pure FC Bear, but I made Aldur FC/Summon Bear recently. Maxed FC and one synergy, with all the gear, the damage was ~3k IIRC. With maxed HoW and Grizzly, might Merc, he didn't have any issues during the game. Non-FI's dropped very fast and FI's quite easily. If there was a nasty boss with FI, I let Grizzly and Merc do the job.

Also, with some Physical Damage (HoW+Might), he leeches mana back very well, but Life leech could be better. Maybe Dracul's would work effectively, but I liked Decrepify from Merc and I didn't want Life Tap to overrun it.

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member

If you're untwinked there's pretty much no reason not to grab a boom stick and go Bear form

However, I find in some other cases if you mix in a good phys damage balance (grief, tombreaver, or caddy) that using Feral Rage in wolf form with fireclaw is pretty awesome too for just the endurance aspect. Gives you a mini life tap and speed boost for cheap. Of course toss in draculs & we're back to the drawing board :scratchchin:, but werewolf form has its uses.