Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Guide] How to Multishot - A Speedfarming DH Guide

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Dethklok, Nov 13, 2012.

1. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Nope, there shouldn't be any cap to it. I find that at 60 max I can pretty much vault all I would really want to though.

2. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I see... So My hopes Of getting one for under a million Are completely out Of The question... Time to farm some gold, I Guess, as a soj would be The number one upgrade on My list, right before a Dms.

btw, Kestegs... I found out why My profile wouldn't show... Because I was looking in The US version Of The site :p

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vegameister-2492/

btw 2: My iPad absolutely insists on using capital letters on some words, as well as use it's norwegian auto correct without Me noticing sometimes, Please ignore ;)

3. raveharu

raveharu Diabloii.Net Member

Soj is definitely not your priority, there are many items you should upgrade first.

1) Your quiver is terrible, get a DML, they are fairly cheap in the AH. A fairly decent one would boost your dps by a ton, aim for high IAS.

2) 4 piece Nats set for the bonuses, 7% cc/130 dex would boost your dps considerably, 20 discipline is a nice luxury.

3) Inna's belt and pants. 130 dex bonus, 12% movement speed, makes farming even faster.

4) Then it would be your choice.

I chose to save my gold to swap my manticore for a Calamity with socket and didn't regret it. The weapon is a beast for multishot build and I'm owning MP2 like MP0 (which I couldn't with a manti because it was too slow). And it gets massive damage boost from both soj and inna's belt due to it being a black weapon.

EDIT: I managed to snipe a 30% Soj with hungering arrow boost from the AH for only 10m. It's an awesome ring for Ubers and elites, but primarily for DH Nat's and Hellfire would've occupy the slots so Soj is never a priority.

4. PhoeniX Skye

PhoeniX Skye Diabloii.Net Member

Does anybody get a weird bug/glitch where their character stops for a bit after vaulting instead of vaulting then straight back into a run? I seem to be having this issue (93% of my vaults end up doing this, 5% of the time it's fine... and 2% of the time I have to re-left-click to move after the pause). I don't believe it's lag or anything as everything else seems to be moving while I pause. I have full green bars when I play.

For your reference, I have Knives on my left click and Tumble on 4.

5. 0blique

0blique Diabloii.Net Member

I also wouldn't say that MS soj is totally out of the question, as I managed to get one for about 1 million. You can probably find one if you are willing to be patient and spend a few days searching. The fact that there isn't an easy way to find them actually is in your favor (as it means fewer people will be hunting for them to flip).

6. Lord_Vega

definitely been experiencing The same thing, and it hasn't always been like that. Vaulting around seems alot less smooth these days.

ps- Haven't gotten so much time to play lately, but i have acquired a DML (+10k dps) and still Haven't seen a reasonably priced soj...

7. Hartside

Hartside Diabloii.Net Member

would it be worth losing a stat ring with ias on for a multishot soj ? also useing manti is + poison dam better for dam ?sorry to be a pain my dh just hit act 1 inferno and is destroying it :p

8. Lord_Vega

Well, I went ahead and I've found a SoJ on the AH, cheapest I found at 1.3m, and to be honest, I am not sure whether it's that impressive. Either it has boni which I can't really see (neither in the stats window, nor in practice), or perhaps it is too much of a low end SoJ?

Here's my profile... my damage dropped from 46K to around 41K after switching my weaker rare ring with the SoJ.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vegameister-2492/hero/24145674

And here's a little screenie of the two rings in question... is it really worth dropping my rare with dmg, dex, RA, MF and IAS for this SoJ?
    View attachment 3997

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  9. kestegs

Well, keep in mind that the bonus to elites and the muti-shot crit won't show up on your stat sheet of course. I use a little trick to check my "true" multishot DPS by changing out vengeance for sharpshooter and letting it tick up to what my true crit chance would be for multishot. It still is going to be a net DPS loss though I'm sure. Hopefully the bonus to elites will make up for it though, which I think it should. The extra discipline on top of that is what really makes it all worth it though.

Poison damage does not enhanced by the %arcane(or whatever) damage on gear like an SoJ. It enhances the physical damage of the bow though, so it still helps some, just not as much as a purely physical weapon. I'd look towards getting a rare crossbow though, it's vastly superior for the build described on page 1 there.

Also, try to stay away from attack speed. It doesn't increase your DPS as much as the stat sheet says it does, since you are doing far less DPS if you run out of hatred, which is what IAS is going to make you do. I'd take Dex or min damage over IAS any day. Of course you will have some regardless due to quiver/ lacuni's or Inna's pants, but I don't see any reason to get it on any other slots besides Nat's ring if you want the 4 part bonus.

10. Lord_Vega

Appreciate your opinion and explanation, bud :)

I know i need to find a good rare instead Of My Cheap mangicore, but since I am rather poor, My advancement so far has been a 1030 DPS lvl 42 rare crossbow, which got upgraded to The manticore in My profile now. The crit has made a huge jump in My killing power, cutting through inferno act 2 (mp0) like a hot knife through butter.
    i Guess upgrading to a 1300+ DPS rare crossbow with an os would help My soj shine better?

11. kestegs

Yea, they can be a bit expensive. Also tough to find, as I don't think a ton of people actually pick them up. Manticore isn't all bad, it's probably the second best to a rare.

Yes, that would help your SoJ for sure. You can also look for one that has Crit and no socket, as that may be nicer since you don't have to buy a gem to put in it that way.

12. Hartside

mighty one can you link your pro - file lol ;-)

13. kestegs

It's in my signature, or here if you don't want to scroll down...

or you could have just looked in your friends list, silly ;)

14. Hartside

i thought about that after mate pmsl thinking of going 3 piece nat 2 piece innas and upgrading ring and amu upto 139k dps and 46 k life ;-) want 200k plus o_O

15. cheerupemokid10

cheerupemokid10 Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I have checked your DH quite a few times to get an idea of something to shoot for when shopping for new gear on the AH.

I'm a bit at a stand-still right now though until I get some serious gold. I had been gearing for a lot of mf and had just over 300 with 5 stacks. But now I'm just shooting for the highest dps I can get to slaughter things and Plvl to make up for the mf loss.

Here's my DH. I'm pretty sure I'm around 115k char sheet dps right now. Geared up for the 300 mf I was around 60-70k IIRC. I know I'm low on vitality, but I'm going for the "kill them before they get close enough to me" style and seeing how that goes. I have to get used to being a little bit faster with my vaults and such because I can't take a couple of hits like I could with the mf gear on. Things do die faster, but not always in that one hit.

Any suggestions on items to find a better version of or places to get that missing vitality/AR/armor are gladly appreciated!

16. kestegs

You might try to pick up a Mara's amulet, they have AR, dex and vita standard, and they can be fairly cheap if you're lucky. Other than that I'm not sure what is best to upgrade next to get more stats.

I would love to see you get the 4 part bonus for Nat's, but that of course requires a ring. That 20 Disc will help you out a ton though.

I think you're much better off to not use the Inna's belt/pants combo until you can afford much better ones. Rares and a lacuni set will work really well and you should be able to increase your EHP quite a bit. You would for sure lose some crit though, so not sure If you want to do it or not.

I'm assuming you play solo most of the time, since that's all this build is really that good for. So don't ignore your follower. for maybe 100-200k you can boost your MF by around 20% and I'd say that's money well spent. I absolutely love the templar for this build, so I'd go with him. He's virtually indestructible, draws some agro from mobs, and increases your hatred regen. I also find his heal to be very helpful.

17. Lord_Vega

would it be ok for me to add you as a friend? :) inpressive DH there, and something to strive to avhieve.

18. kestegs

Thanks, man!

You can certainly add me, but I'm on US server.

19. tougeznut

tougeznut Diabloii.Net Member

Just looked at your DH... and wow: ~9 hatred gen per second (assuming you use the Templar) with 101% crit chance for multi-shot?! Those are some pretty nasty stats. Monsters probably run away in fear on MPs below 2.

Oh, and thanks to this guide my new DH is now my main farmer. Definitely faster than my paragon 49 whirly barb, and a lot more fun too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

20. Lord_Vega

Dang! Manager to oversee that.
    well, will be adding you either way... Always good to have great players/Dii.net posters as friends :)