How to moderate

wcumac

Diabloii.Net Member
How to moderate

How do you moderate op channels. I've noticed some channels have moderator bots, or moderators with special avatars that can boot other players, how do you get those?

Lord Nyax

Banned
Meh, kinda a weird explanation ---^
Op channels are BNet's way of allowing players to...well...moderate their own channels. There are a theoretically infinite (well, maybe ~36^15 or so) possible channel combinations. The account whose name matches the "xxxxxxx" in channel "op xxxxxxx" is the moderator of that channel. If you were to join channel..."Op Cowlords" for instance, the account "Cowlords" would be the moderator of that channel. If your account name is "wcumac", you must join/create the channel "Op wcumac". You will then be the moderator of that channel, with the ability to /ban, /kick, and all the other juicy benefits that come with being a mod.

Lord Nyax

Banned
op diabloii.net was dead the past two nights I was there :cry:
I'm assuming you're on US East. The reason it's dead is because I quit. I was the life of the party there (well, certainly the spam of the party. I have trouble moderating how much I type out :wink2:).

There are a lot of other unique Op Channels though. I'm wonder...does anyone know how the "Clan XXX" channels work? I've never quite understood those myself.