How to Make A "Unbeatable Barb?

Emerald Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
That's why you have BvC barbs. :D Decrep or not , teleport isn't slowed.
Yeah, teleporting ww barbs were tough when I didn't have an enigma. But I finally got one so I keep on teleporting with way faster cast rate.

You know what is also fun? Iron Maiden. I think people consider it BM, but if there is some townguarding/nk'ing/generally rude melee char, I feel no qualms about casting im on them.

I thought it was nerfed against players, so one game I asked this ww assassin to test it out. I made a bone wall, casted im on him, and he tried to ww the wall. He died in almsot instantly. Then the game said that the sin was slain by "an evil force".

Wouldn't that suck if you have your super grief/or botd weapons, and cant attack in fear of killing yourself, making you run to town. It sure shuts up bad mouthing lamers.

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Emerald Dragon said:
Yeah, teleporting ww barbs were tough when I didn't have an enigma. But I finally got one so I keep on teleporting with way faster cast rate.

You know what is also fun? Iron Maiden. I think people consider it BM, but if there is some townguarding/nk'ing/generally rude melee char, I feel no qualms about casting im on them.

I thought it was nerfed against players, so one game I asked this ww assassin to test it out. I made a bone wall, casted im on him, and he tried to ww the wall. He died in almsot instantly. Then the game said that the sin was slain by "an evil force".

Wouldn't that suck if you have your super grief/or botd weapons, and cant attack in fear of killing yourself, making you run to town. It sure shuts up bad mouthing lamers.
Just for your information , barbs share the same FCR breaks as sorcs. Which means they will teleport faster then you. And a high lvl leap makes you stun. Which is another fine thing BvC's have.

As for the IM thing , it doesn't really work. On my WW sin I used bramble. It had a level 21 thorns , which is 1050% dmg return. But I hardly saw other melee char's health go down when they attacked me. So 1 hit kills with IM doesn't sound that realistic at all.

And lastly , there's a skill called berserk , it does 100% magic dmg (which bypasses your bone armor aswell) and makes IM useless. And since you had to put 20 points into IM , your spear / spirit dmg is lower.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
An unbeatable Barb, humph I think this would work well for you:

20 Iron Skin
1 Natural Resistance
1 Increased Speed
1 Increased Stamina
20 Shout
20 Battle Orders
20 Battle Command
1 Find Potion
20 Howl (place here last)
1 Taunt
1 Battle Cry

For a total of 107 skill points

That is the skill set up for an awsome barb build.

Now for the equipment:

Helm - Wolfhowl
Amulet - +skills amulet of choice, Resistance and stats are important here
Weapons - Beast runeword, Crescant moon
Switch weapons - Blood Moon (for prebuff only), a second Beast (would be nice to maintain aura during prebuffing or emergency recasting)
Armor - "Stone" runeword
Gloves - Really not important, anything to help stats
rings - SoJ's (mainly for +skills, wedding band would work as well)
boots - anything normal for faster runwalk, stats or whatever.
belt - String of Ears for PDR, arc. mesh for +skills

charms-warcry skillers, life, resistance, and defense.

as for stats:
strength - enough for equipment
dexerity - enough for equipment
vitality - remaining
energy - none

If you haven't figured it out yet this is the barb summoner build. With 2 auras (one from beast, other from merc) warcries, and 3 dire wolves, clay golem, and a merc; you have a perfect army of tanks. and as an added bonus you can change into a wolf for even greater amounts of life.

Emerald Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
Just for your information , barbs share the same FCR breaks as sorcs. Which means they will teleport faster then you. And a high lvl leap makes you stun. Which is another fine thing BvC's have.

As for the IM thing , it doesn't really work. On my WW sin I used bramble. It had a level 21 thorns , which is 1050% dmg return. But I hardly saw other melee char's health go down when they attacked me. So 1 hit kills with IM doesn't sound that realistic at all.

And lastly , there's a skill called berserk , it does 100% magic dmg (which bypasses your bone armor aswell) and makes IM useless. And since you had to put 20 points into IM , your spear / spirit dmg is lower.
1. Iron Maiden does work. The ww sin died almost instantly. I know what I saw. Try testing it yourself.

2. I only put 1 point into Iron Maiden, and +skill items brought it up to 8.

3. My spears and spirits do over 4k.

Doll Call

Diabloii.Net Member
Emerald Dragon said:

no idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes:
nec = 125%FCR 9fpc
barb = 63%FCR 9fpc, 103%fcr 8fpc

magefists + arach + 2x caster rings +caster ammy... bam... stupid fast tele barb.

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
Minions, bonewalls etc, do not suffer the pvp thorns/iron maiden penalty. If they must ww/zeal etc through the latter, they will suffer full dmg. However, if they can target you directly, the penalty does happen. So ww through a bonewall or a pack of skells or other minion means instant death. So you are both correct in what you say.

Inuyasha

Diabloii.Net Member
So 1 hit kills with IM doesn't sound that realistic at all
Unlike thorns, which is what you are basing your rather misguided judgement on, Irom Maiden suffers very few penalties in PvP, and causes wicked damage to physical attackers of any kind. It is considered BM in many dueling leagues for this reason. I remember in .09 I kept using an armor with 15% chance to cast Iron Maiden when struck. Naturally, I fared quite well in BvB against the few people rude enough to make me use it.

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
good bvc barb > most necros
and emerald, ur necro fits under the latter category.
*dirtydozen131

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Inuyasha said:
Unlike thorns, which is what you are basing your rather misguided judgement on, Irom Maiden suffers very few penalties in PvP, and causes wicked damage to physical attackers of any kind. It is considered BM in many dueling leagues for this reason. I remember in .09 I kept using an armor with 15% chance to cast Iron Maiden when struck. Naturally, I fared quite well in BvB against the few people rude enough to make me use it.
I know IM worked wonders in 1.09. But I always thought thorns and IM had the same penalties. Oh well ,you learn something everyday. :D

ps.
I do know thorns sucks for pvp. :D

Emerald Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
luis19 said:
good bvc barb > most necros
and emerald, ur necro fits under the latter category.
*dirtydozen131
Every build has a counter. bvc barbs are hard to beat with a necro, just like necros are hard to beat with hammerdins.

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
then why were u just saying ur nec>barbs?

and hammerdins losing to all necs isnt true, i know a few hammerdins that beat nearly all the necros they duel.

mcm

Banned
Emerald Dragon said:
Every build has a counter. bvc barbs are hard to beat with a necro, just like necros are hard to beat with hammerdins.
Way to make your point there buddy...

mcm

Banned
slipVaYnE said:
My conc barb has taken out quite a large amount of pretty godly zealots, and, with 1 in ww, he's taken out some pretty godly ww barbs...Dont tell someone who is unsure and asking advice a blatently one sided answer that is non-provable, and IMO, wrong. Hopefully that didnt sound like a flame...but eh, i'm tired and cranky.
Ignoring the fact that you're capitulating the point by using ww against ww, rather than the oh so mighty concentrate, the mere mention that your "1 point wonder" ww beats supposedly "godly ww barbs" and that concentrate sucking is "non-provable" says volumes about your opinion.

Filo01

Diabloii.Net Member
Inuyasha said:
Unbeatable? Oh, well then you'll be wanting the Ub3rb4rb v.3.0

20 Bash
20 Find Item
20 find potion
20 Taunt
1 Howl

Str base (You don't need it. You're uber!)
Dex 200 (You have to have double-jointed limbs simply for the sake of showing off)
Vit base (You're tough enough as it is, Gangsta!)
Energy 300

And there you have it. The definate unbeatable barb. No one will be able to touch you with this build! Don't forget to use a thunder maul with 3 chipped emeralds.

So, if you've decided that you want to join the rest of us in the real world, and give up this "invincibility", maybe you should try asking about a WW barb.

ohh my god rofl... hahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahha

that has to be the most classic brun i have ever read ... gagsta.. i'm so gona use that in the gym rofl...... 200 dex to show..

nightaswz

Diabloii.Net Member
hey luis, im just curious. Exactly what gear do u use? Been playing pub with my pvp nec for a while and i have to say that 99% of barbs lose to me. But then of course this is pub that im talking about =D

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
vs necro i use:

arreats
highlords
engima
dracs
2x fcr rings
arch
gores

sometimes i throw on 2xwizzy and switch in arch for dungos and beat necros that way. alot easier to lose, but its fun.

k/t

Banned
Ooooh... I get it...

I also came up with an idea...just make your barb any way you want and trash talk as much as you want...as long as you're in town, you're unbeatable.