How to make a HAMMERDIN

Holyful

Diabloii.Net Member
How to make a HAMMERDIN

K this is how you make it:

20 Blessed Aim (+dmg to Hammer)
20 Vigor (same with BA)
20 Blesseh Hammer (obviously main skill)
20 Concentration (MASSIVE dmg bonus)
20 Holy Shield (Be sure to max this last. Gives a LOT more defense and block)

Str = Only enough to get gear. Gear should also take care of this.
Dex = Enough to have max block and that's it.
Vit = After Str - Dex just sink points into this.
Enrgy = NO points. Gear will take care of.

Now about gear im NOT TO SURE but this is how I have it:

Head = Shako
Ammy = PoS +3 offen aura and +16% MF (lol)
Rings = Stone of Jordans
Shield = UMed HoZ
Wep = Hoto
Wep 2 = CTA
Armor = Dusk Shroud Enigma
Belt = Spiders
Boots = War Travs (mf lol)
Gloves = Magefist
Am I missing anything ?

Also this is optional but may help a lot:
1 point into Redemption (Just flick on when you get low on health and there's a lot of bodys around you to almost instantely fly up in health)

Well I donno what else but visit me on USWest - Holyful_hehe is the name =D

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
for gear u could use a maras with any resists(good for skill bonuses) the head should be an umedshako for 15 resists, and gloves is better to have dracs.. the other is alright, depends what boots u want either gores, treks, travs, or waterwalks..
plus u could use torch, anni, and pcomb gcs :p but thats the godly expensive gear

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
HotO (40) + Magefist/Trangs (20) + Arachs (20) = 80% FCR. All good there.

I don't get the bit about Dracul's though... OW and Life Tap don't help Hammers in any way, and there is a +Life/Kill mod on Enigma.

Mara's is usually considered the "standard" amulet.

Enigma can be Mage Plate as well, with average torch/anni (30 stats average) you can keep at base strength (25 base + 30 = 55 Mage), and use Enigma/HoZ to give you all the strength you need. Dusk may require you to invest in strength to get to 77 where you otherwise wouldn't have to with Mage. Otherwise, you might even need to strength bug on a Dusk, which can be risky.

You can use Trangs instead of Magefists if you feel you need Cold resist more than mana regen.

Some people like 1 point Meditation. Useful for life and mana when there are no bodies to suck up.

1 point in Salvation might help during leveling or if your resists aren't up to scratch at some point, or against tough Conviction nasties.

That looks like the standard PvM build. Some gear/charms switches may apply if wanting to convert to PvP (i.e. stacking resists, DR%, reaching higher FCR/FHR breakpoints etc)

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
dracs give u a 25 percent chance of open wounds which i think slowers the reg of the monsters u kill so in a way its helping u to kill the monster even quicker... i got dracs on and seems to me i kill hell andy much faster than without em..

Sgraffite

Diabloii.Net Member
dracs give u a 25 percent chance of open wounds which i think slowers the reg of the monsters u kill so in a way its helping u to kill the monster even quicker... i got dracs on and seems to me i kill hell andy much faster than without em..
Are you talking about smiting her? This statement doesn't really seem to fit in this hammerdin thread unless you are talking about smiting?

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
i got a hammerdin, doesnt it also work for hammerdins? it seems to me that it does, if not then ill switch to magefists, sry ppl