Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to Lvl Mercs...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Stubbs, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

How to Lvl Mercs...

I tried to find some info in the archives, but failed... So I am gonna start a post on to tricks of the trade for good lvling of mercs.

I was wondering if anyone had some good techniques to lvl a act2 norm merc (lvl 12). It is extremely hard to get this guy to lvl to wear any gear so far. What areas do good for the lil man? I have tried norm shenk/eld runs and some norm arcane and they are a lil slow for my taste.

As far as nm merc lvling, I can be of an assistance. I find doing shenk/eld runs in nm will get my merc lvlin every other game. Nm cows do well until its time to get into hell, and usually thats the same method. After a while I take them to baal runs in hell and they usually hold in there well until they catch up to my lvl. Hell pit runs are good for the lil tike as well.

But if anyone could hook me up on some good power lvling info on a norm a2 merc, it would be much appreciated...

2. weirdoctor

weirdoctor IncGamers Member

I usually find norm cow runs giving good exp for the mercs at that level. Although they get more exp if they make the kills themselves, your speed will more than make up for that. Another good area to level is all the levels of the worldstone keep; I try to avoid the chaos sanctuary due to the problem with iron maiden there.

Just my 2c. =)

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Norm cows is excellent for low level. At about lvl 40 something, bring your merc into nm cow runs. At 60 something, bring him to hell cows. I was able to level my merc from 40-80 in an hour or two. Then again it's important to have a character that can kill the cows fast for your merc. If your character isn't a good mass cow killer, stick with baal or other high lvl area runs. Pindle works too. The only problem with pindle and baal runs is that you might not see super fast results each time because you have to do many, many runs.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

at around level 45, he will keep up with you as you kill.

before that, you need to let him kill (preferably with you tanking, as this is faster and cheaper [unless you die! sap!]) open the merc screen and keep an eye on how much he gets per kill. whatever he is getting, compare this to the next area. if he gets more in the higher area, compare again. keep going until he gets less in the higher area, and level him up in the lower area.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I always level mercs up with nm solo Baal runs, giving them a big damage weapon (e.g. Spire of Honor) and enough LL (e.g. Crown of Thieves). I let them make as much kills as possible which gives them more XP. Act 2 mercs are ready for hell at L75, as they can wear Reaper's Toll then.