Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to level fast, without glitching?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by azithinkibe, May 24, 2008.

1. azithinkibe

azithinkibe IncGamers Member

How to level fast, without glitching?

I keep hearing about people levelling to their 40's in a matter of hours, whereas I've (apparently) always been an incredibly slow leveler. I can play for hours and make it to maybe lvl 10, with /players8.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Is there anyway to speed it up, without glitching and just playing through the game in order?

2. Richard Wood

Richard Wood IncGamers Member

Re: How to level fast, without glitching?

well since you said with /players8 on im assuming your playing single player

so a fast way to level would be to level in tristram with players8 on till about 15ish then run through tal rashas tombs a couple times till about 25ish then finally just do baal runs and that can get you to level 40 fairly quick then rinse and repeat in nm and hell

3. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

Re: How to level fast, without glitching?

Some builds/characters take longer to kill/level than others. If you want to level fast, go with builds that have area affects such as spells.

also, some people use buffs; i.e. enchant spell from a high level character. enchant gives your new character at least 1k fire dmg from the get go. use enchant in combination with exploding arrows from various items and you've a low level character capable of killing mass groups easily.

other people like to twink their characters, i.e. give the characters powerful beginner items. these include item sets, psn jewels, and rare or unique items that triple or quadruple their killing power.

however, buffing or twinking are tools used mainly to get these characters to a high enough level to run baal until they've reached finished off the build for reasons such as mfing or dueling.