Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to kill baal quickly

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by papyrus, Oct 9, 2006.

1. papyrus

papyrus IncGamers Member

How to kill baal quickly

What a char is best to kill baal in less than 10 secs in one player game?
    What weapons or skills that make the killing baal goes fast?
    What is baal weakness?

2. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

Lightning sorc can kill him fast. static him to half, then use lightning and do the rest

3. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

godly zealers / smiters should also be able to do the job.

4. LokiFnx

LokiFnx IncGamers Member

yeh my uber smiter owns and hes not even that god

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You need nothing but a good chance to deal crushing blows, together with a melee attack which always hits, e.g. smite. My zealot with 50% (Guillaume's helm + Goreriders) needs perhaps 15 seconds in a single player game, but it will go faster with a higher chance for crushing blows. I guess that using Stormlash (CB and ctc static) instead of Grief would speed up the process.

6. LokiFnx

LokiFnx IncGamers Member

agreed CB = gg

7. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

The fastest characters I've had kill Baal.

1. Pure Light Javazon (note, getting to Baal wasn't pleasant always). Charged with full synergy, griff, infinity, etc.. is brutal. I expect a light sorc is similarly brutal.

2. Of all things, my old fury druid. Was a major pita to get through the lister wave sometimes, but Baal was just a joke. Hideous beating adminstered to the big ugly at fury speed. I would expect just about the same results from any decent pally, kicker or barb with lots of CB.

3. My summoner necro. CERTAINLY the slowest char I have ever had killing baal himself outside my wildly broken meteorb sorc, but absolultely destroyed the wave mobs no matter what type. Total time for baal run was considerably less with this char than my others.

The possibility of bone bombs in the throne room and masses of gloams means that some of the high powered builds are gonna eat it sometimes. Add in oblivion knights for more fun with melee.

Thus, having never had a hammerdin, and knowing the limitations of pure melee builds, give me the fish and an enigma every time.

I will never match the pure builds max speed, but I'll never slow down and I'll pretty much never hit a board I can't handle with ease - including oblivion knights, stone skin lister, tons of gloams or any combination thereof.

Dim vision to thin it out, and then pull it all with corpses to go boom. Done.

The only thing that might live a while is lister with stone skin.

8. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

yep....cb....chop chop. My smiter and kicker did it very fast.

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

To speed up baal runs with a summoner, just stick 3 shaels in a eth upped (or even non eth non upped) hone sundan. Decrep him and cast clay golem right beside him before other summons get there, and see how much he can do about it.

10. alsaan

alsaan IncGamers Member

Lighting sorc with Infinity. Static, then 2-4 lightings and he is dead. It probably takes less than 5 seconds

As an added bonus, she can teleport extremely fast to the throne room, and doesn't have any problems with the Baal's minions.

11. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I put in my vote for CS Zon. For some reason, versus big guys like Baal, all the little bolts hit, meaning MASSIVE INSANE DAMAGE. If you got an Infinity merc and reasonable damage, he'll drop like a rock.

12. Suiling

Suiling Banned

There's a runeword with Conviction aura but i forgot the name already.. Let merc use that as armour with Hone Sundan (three Shaels for killing speed or three Amns for life leeching) and Guillaume's Face, then use a pure LF zon's Charged Bolt to tear him down. There's a formula state that: Conviction + Charged bolt = Ball dead fast.

13. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

the conviction runeword is only on a weapon (and it's Infinity), so if you want you could try Rattlecage as armor and guillaume's face for helm.