Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to keep a game alive?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PublicEnemy, Mar 21, 2004.

1. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

How to keep a game alive?

After x time of idleness,motionless chars are kicked out of the game;so how do you keep a game alive without being booted?

2. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet IncGamers Member

if it's a barb, go to blood moor and clear a small area, where u know u won't get attacked. put an elastic on your mouse to keep them casting one of ur warcries. he'll keep casting it even after your gone, and you won't get booted. this works the same for static field for sorc, and probably for any minion like a golem, wolf, valk, or shadow you summon. for a paladin, i don't know which skill but i'm sure there's one that would help u.

3. syphon45

syphon45 IncGamers Member

Do you mean so you can tranfer? If so I usually just stay in the game for 5-6 minutes, exit and re-enter the hame to make sure its alive and then just xfer.

If you wan to keep he game alive for a long period of time without having to be moving your character, then you can go to the outer cloister wp, and as you are going to leave the monastery on the inner door if you sort of run to the slight left of the door and hit the wall there your character will keep runinng even if you dont hold down the mouse button. Thus you wont be booted because you are moving.

I hope this helps. :)

4. Sir_LogiC

Sir_LogiC IncGamers Member

i beleive one of the fact of the days here said that if you just type /fps in then that is enough to keep the game up, even in town. Much safer that way.

5. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet IncGamers Member

i tried that once. didn't work, still got booted

6. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

I tried the fps trick last night,it doesn't work;i had typed /fps ,i went to the outer cloister towards the pit;i clicked on the outer door in the cloister without opening it,so that my char walked endlessly in front of the door;i was hoping to keep the game alive because i had the sojs message for hours,and i couldn't keep waiting for the clone any longer;so i checked the game a few hours later and my char was booted;there was one soj sold every 5-10 minutes,and this had been happenning for like 4 hours in the private game i had made

7. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

This is the best method, used by many D Clone hunters such as myself (I once used it to keep a game open while i went to play snooker for 2 and a half hours with my friend).

Go to the outer cloister waypoint and head down to where the door leads into the Tamoe Highlands. On the first large wooden door click on it before you reach it and it should cause you to get to the door, and then run on the spot without opening the door.

It works very well and can not work by your internet connection failing or the BNet server crashing or lagging out on you.

Try it, it works.

8. Gheeds Army

Gheeds Army IncGamers Member

i've never thought of doing this. i've used the door trick to perm my mules but not to wait for Dclone. where would he spawn? the armorer?

9. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

He would spawn wherever you want him to spawn. Once you come back to the game and he has spawned just go back to the outer cloister wp and go to stony or wherever you like to spawn him - he will walk but not actually spawn unless you go close to a super unique