How to join a room/game you wanted?

Morley

Banned
How to join a room/game you wanted?

The question may sounds stupid, but I have been having this question since I first started playing D2.

• When I get to another level (NM or Hell), it seems that I can no longer join those game from the pop-up game list which is created in previous level. i.e. When I reach NM, the 'join game' room list no longer display normal game rooms. (However, I always saw some high levels joining my newbie game when I am new.)
  • And it seems that there is no wildcard function at the 'game room name' field. I have to type in the exact game room name in order to get into the room. :(

I have browsed through the stickies here and even tried the /help function on B.net, but no information can be found.. :(

AnthemIsElite

Diabloii.Net Member
It sounds like your asking how to join games (Normal/NM/Whatever) if your a level above.

You can't unless you have the game name. Sadly, BNet has it so that once you reach Nightmare, you can no longer view Normal games. My solution to this is to use my mule character to view games not on my list, then switch to my other character and enter the game name.

AIL

Lord Nyax

Banned
The BNet join-game list is totally whacked out. Out of...what, 5000 games on each server, alone, you can see 20 at a time? What kind of BS is that...

And you can't even organize it! I'm hoping for an organization system in the future, so that people that want to do Baal runs can select that, and only games with the name "Baal" in them show up, and so on and so forth.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Basically, any kind of functionality in the join games window would be welcome. Five million patches and still nothing done about that...

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, the join game list is probably the most consistent poor idea in the game.

Morley

Banned
Thanks for all the replies :D

Guess I will have to open my own room/game if I want to achieve specific target, and hoping someone will see my game and join in :(