How to handle Tomb Viper at Halls of Vaught

pliu

Banned
How to handle Tomb Viper at Halls of Vaught

I have problem to handle the tomb vipers at Halls of Vaugh. Each time they spawn as a group in that area my Fishymancer's might merc and skeles died very fast. ( wrose case only 3 out my Fishymancer's skeles not died in about 3 secs). No idea why that happened, may be beucause massive posion damage from the viper's Poison projectile. Anyone have simliar problem and how to handle them?

GodOfDiablo

Diabloii.Net Member
no way to handle those. the poison damage all so strong even your merc die easily. for me i a summoner necro so i can use my skele to block some of the poison. one thing for sure. their life is low. so kill them b4 they can even split put the poison.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
dim vision first then tele away is proably the safest i can think of
from wat i have heard. their dmage is buged
and i think if u can stand still, they actually dun kill that fast.
problem with minions.. they just can't stand still and be quiet :undecided:

Bandit

Diabloii.Net Member
I've also heard that the damage is bugged as well...If I remember correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong) it's actually half poison and half physical damage that takes a little bit of hp away each tick. What I read, to save the merc at least, is to have physical damage reduced +....I think it said specifically look for a hard number to more or less cancel out the physical part of the damage. again, I read it a long time ago so I could be mistaken, but that's my advice :p

jag

Diabloii.Net Member
The posion cloud is barely dangerous if you stand still -- its when you move in it that you get the crazy damage. Skellys and mercs happily walk right thru this and get dead real quick.

dim vision good--

try attract too to get them fighting each other.

hopefully you have clay golem -- re-cast him behind them to draw their fire away from your approaching skellies/merc.

No perfect answer, just ideas to try. Be ready to revive your army as you get kills on them since there really isnt any fool-proof way to avoid large loses -- or CE like mad as soon as you get a kill or 2.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
The poison clouds are bugged and if you move at all while in them, they do 40 physical damage per frame. D2 runs at 25 frames/second. If you move at all while in the cloud, you're eating 1000 damage a second, on top of whatever poison they do.

For a necro, your best bet is probably to just dim vision in front of yourself, to blind them before they see you and flick their clouds.

Mitch Turnbuckle

Diabloii.Net Member
Attract one, then decrepify those around it. This can buy you a lot of time as they target the attracted one and attack it whilst decrepified (taking much longer to kill it, and not spitting on you or your merc). As soon as they finally kill the attracted viper, CE and then repeat until another corpse pops up and CE again, etc, etc.. This also works on 90% of any other groups of enemies that you face in the game.

Bandit

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, I like that tactic best lol, but if we're doing nihl runs would it be better just to tele out of their way into the other room for the main kill? rather than waste time taking out vipers

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
As a Bonemancer all I used to do is chain-cast a one-point Clay Golem to draw their fire while I hit them with spirits.