How to go to europe server in open battle.net

Warnicro

Diabloii.Net Member
How to go to europe server in open battle.net

I have got an old charachter from diablo which has got a nice level, but now I wanted to play in open battle net with a few others (since you can't play on battle.net with your single player charachter)

But I connect to USAII while I wanted to go to NLD1, is there a way to do that?

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Erm, if you just want to join a chat channel, which I guess you are from the NLD1 etc, just click Channel after you have joined B.net and delete USA-2 and replace it with NLD-1 and press enter, that should get you there.

Warnicro

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks that worked, now I bumped on another problem, I can't join the created game the other person made, is there something wrong or am I doign something not correctly?

Warnicro

Diabloii.Net Member
no just the expansion set, and the patch offcourse.

Thats why I was wondering why it does not work.

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
I can think of 2 possible problems.

(1) The game you tried to join was running an incompatable mod.
(2) You don't have your firewall setting set up correctly. If you go to Blizzards site, it should give you the ports that need to allow. (4000 is all you need to open for TCP/IP, but there may be more for Open.) If you want to create a game people can join, you will also need to set up Port Forwarding if you have a router, but that won't be a problem just to join games.

Warnicro

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I want to host the game, but I am not sure on how to do those router configurations, any suggestions on that? I know I had them set correctly for warcraftIII to host games.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
It will be something along the lines of opening your web browser and typing 192.168.1.1, and then going to the port configuration option and opening up port 4000 and then pointing it in the direction of your computer. If you're plugged into slot one on your router you will probably be something like 192.168.1.100.

I would try reading your user manual for the router first though, because my instructions are rather vague and probably wrong.

-hps