Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to get to Level 99

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by ziramas, Nov 9, 2006.

1. ziramas

ziramas Diabloii.Net Member

How to get to Level 99

Hi, I am new and is going to kill Diable in its temple but my level is still at 26, just wonder how you guys manage to get to Level 99. Do you play the game over and over again in order to gain experience (level) ?

2. RibGriller

RibGriller Diabloii.Net Member

After you beat it on the Normal level, then you go to Nightmare difficulty, then Hell difficulty. Nightmare is a little harder, but Hell is... Hell. You'll need pretty good gear to get through that, unless you're a Fishymancer.

I usually finish Hell at about clvl 86. To get to clvl 99, you have to run Baal, again and again -- usually to pick up godly items and experience. And, that's not an easy thing to do on Hell, unless you're a Hammerdin. Hope that helps! GL

3. Kijya

Kijya Diabloii.Net Member

Simply don't, the time you'd need to be playing to get to 99 is simply to much. We're talking thousands of hell baalruns, shoot for lvl 92-95 as you max instead, and even then there'll be lots of hours/days of work involved.

4. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

Determination, and lots of it. You can usually get to lvl 80+ on normal type of playing (going through norm, nm, hell), but to get to lvl 99......, let's just say most of us never get there.

5. HemeHaci

HemeHaci Diabloii.Net Member

the thing is;
    It really doesnt worth the effort. Just do it out of curiosity. Instead of a few skills and some vitality points, use the same amount of time in trading and you will get a great gear which will compensate for anything :)

6. ziramas

ziramas Diabloii.Net Member

where can I trade ?

7. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

On B.Net, or on the trade forums on this site.

8. Megafusion

Megafusion Diabloii.Net Member

the record that iv heard to getting 99 level from lvl 1 is 38 hours straight ... if ur a pro u can get it in a short time... and of course if u have friends to help yah, depends but normally it would take a hell load of time

9. McCain123

McCain123 Diabloii.Net Member

Definatly not in 1.10 and 1.11 . I was taking part in races to level 99 at the beginning of both ladders and on both ladders the first char to reach level 99 was roughly seen after six weeks. Those chars were played 18 hours a day from different people, always had 8 player games and got the XP from Diablo and Baal alone ( often with XP-Shrine ). If you have to share the XP of these two with others, then it roughly takes 6000 Baalruns to get from 98 to 99. If you get the XP alone and have an XP Shrine it still takes more than 2000 runs from 98 to 99. Multiply that with 3 minutes, as really good runs take about 3 minutes and you have 6000 minutes = 100 hours just from 98 to 99.

10. SuLyMaN

SuLyMaN Banned

Imagine lagging out just once of the game and when you log onto another game seeing your dead body on the ground!!!?

I guess it will be time to go change your undearwear!! lol!!

11. McCain123

I have seen that happening aswell. People are more than just pissed in these situations, some even can´t stand it and quit their quest for 99. If you have a real life and can´t play more than 5 or 6 hours a day ( working and sleeping just need too much time ) a death with body loss means one week of levelling for nothing.

12. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

I've done that before. I have a level 95 character (he's almost level 96... well... 2/3 of the way), and he's died once in his lifetime of hell baaling. That was at level 93, he was halfway through the level, and this was back when the gmercs were just starting to become commonplace. My paladin had a nice bit of stacked lightning resists, with over 3k life, but there's only so much you can do when every action you take takes two or three seconds to complete. I was teleporting along (I can Baal run in anything under 1k ping), and everything froze up. I couldn't even save+exit. Lost about an hour's worth of runs, if memory serves.

It's worse now that I'm at level 95, of course, but I haven't died recently outside of PvP. And you don't lose experience in PvP. :grin:

It took me literally about a thousand runs to go from level 90 to 95, I think. It's about 400 or 500 to get to 96. I'm expecting it to double exponentially at the very least as I gain levels.

::Edit:: Just for reference's sake, leveling starts to take on that nasty curve around level 87. I generally get my chars to level 90, it's not so bad if you're patient, then call it quits.

13. McCain123

My almost lvl 98 Summoner ( 11 mio are missing ) died the last time with level 96 and the feeling was pretty miserable. I was in Teamspeak with the teleing pally and he got in trouble, when he tried to clear a corner in the WSK. I could see his health jump between red and green and hear him curse over teamspeak, so I decided to take his risky TP and help him. Result was me dieng, he survived, but hey, he had more risks due to teleing so I had to live with the risk of helping. The rest of the people in the run were strangers that just stood around in town, when they saw his life bar.

14. MapleBarb

MapleBarb Diabloii.Net Member

That happened to a friend. He lost 30 million points exp which took him almost a week to get back.

this is impossible to do in this patch.

thing is this shouldnt be about being an effort. Should be about having fun with that particular char and enjoying playing with it. And then eventualy you hit 99.

to the original poster: My suggestion is, as I mentioned already, have fun. And dont just do the same thing over and over again. But join all types of games including act1 ones where you can help others do quests, etc. This way when you get to 99 you dont hate the game because you did a lot more then just chaos and baal runs.

15. zeskelnec

zeskelnec Diabloii.Net Member

A race to 99 was described here some months ago. 8 sorcs each with different features in a really coordinated team. AFAIR it took 3 full days to raise the "baby" from lvl 1 to 99.
    I have 3 chars lvl 89 and 1 at lvl 90 , i was so fed up with baal runs and specifically when I died near to reach 91. I still need to reach 93 to gamble ammies. I doubt I can succeed, as in my last baal run, a non experimented teleer was in trouble, i asked a tp to help him, which droppped me in the middle of the pack....when I finally asked "clean ?" he replied , yes, I wanted my corpse back and dropped in the middle of 2 souls, I left a bit furious, I don't like being "Pk'ed by intermediates".

16. pliu

pliu Banned

for most of the cases you only need to bring you char to 95+ are for gamble and some special build that need 110 skill points to finish.

17. zeskelnec

zeskelnec Diabloii.Net Member

sorry to gamble u can stop at 93 coz u get ilvl +- 4 clvl, which gives u ammu of at worse lvl 89, and when crafting these ammu u get lvl 91 affixes.

18. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I know most of you don't venture out of here, so let me direct you to this for some perspective. Check the dates of those progress posts, as has already been said; it's a long haul.

I pushed like crazy to get my Blizzballer, Pushkin to 93 for gambling/crafting purposes. Baal runs are great to begin with; great fun if you have a well-organized team who rip through everything. But a death close to levelling is a serious pain. And Baal runs are incredibly dull after a while.

A couple of my other chars are 90 - a meterob and a fishymancer. Light sorc **, zealot 86. Unless you are pvping, I don't really see the need to push onto 99. It's a chore and that isn't fun.