Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to get this build better?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Wizard Sabin, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Wizard Sabin

Wizard Sabin IncGamers Member

How to get this build better?

I am currently playing a Frostadin or a Holy Freeze Zealer basically. My point setup as of level 76 is:

Holy Freeze: 27
    Holy Shield: 27
    Zeal: 27
    Resist Cold: 23
    Preq.: 9

My Stats:
    Strength : 174
    Dex: 151
    Vitality: 274
    Energy: 17

Resist:
    Fire:-41
    Cold:-21
    Light:3
    Poison:24

My Equipment:

Helmet: Um'd Shako
    Armor: Dusk Shroud Enigma
    Shield: Spirit
    Weapon: Grief Phase Blade
    Rings: 2 Raven frost(For dex for PB)
    Amulet: Highlords
    Boots: Cow Kings
    Gloves: Draculs
    Belt: String of Ears

Now I know that my build is still incomplete. I know that I need a Hoz but how many hr's will that cost me? I could also go wiht 1 soj when I get enough dex for the PB. I have no idea what to use for boots so I just use Cow Kings for mf and frw. Any ideas and/or suggestions.

2. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

You got those resists and you have to ask. You have to fix your resists before you do anything else.

I would trade your enigma for COH to get +65 resists first off.

What stats does your shield have ? You can build spirit off of a high resist pally shield to help with your resists.

HOZ would be a good idea because of the +50 resists and put a pdiamond/UM in it.

3. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

I'm assuming this is for PvM.

-Your resists are terrible
    -You're equipped with caster gear in your major armor slots.

Switch out the Shako, Spirit, and Enigma for more melee-oriented gear, such as Vampire Gaze, CoH ("Smoke" if you want to go cheap), and HoZ/"Sanctuary."

Also, what is your life and chance to block (according to the character screen! hover your mouse over defense to see it)

4. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

Dracs, Gore riders and Guill helm are standard fare for taking on Ubers.

That means they are the best in the game for melee chars.

5. Wizard Sabin

I have Dracs and Guil Helm but the Shako helps. I already use Dracs. I know my resist are horrible, but don't you think the teleport on Enigma helps alot? I have been looking for a hox and I will PDiamond it when I get it but I need to get it first. The shield is horrible, but I have been trying to find a better one. I know the resist are my worst thing right now. Gore riders for boots? I have Goblin toe I can double-up I think if it would be worth it.

6. Nimbostratus

Teleport isn't necessary on a melee character, especially when a stat as vital as resists is so lacking.

What kind of shield is your "spirit" made in?

7. Wizard Sabin

Protector Shield

8. Nimbostratus

Alright, and what are the base resists on it? (just look for any fire resistance on it, since the "spirit" runeword doesn't give any)

Oh, and I don't think it'd be worth it to double-up your Goblin Toe boots. You could use the runes for other things. If you're unable to get a HoZ, consider getting a decent base paladin shield (preferably an elite with 35+ resists) and putting the "Sanctuary" runeword in it, as that can substantially help your resists, defense, and blocking.

9. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

You will love life tap. Once it fires off your life will be continually replentished as you kill the hords of beasts. This is especially true when you are wielding the awesome Grief PB. Further more, when you smite against the bosses leach does not work. Life tap does and it will let you stomp the bosses.

The Guill helm is the best helm in the game for melee, except, maybe the DOA. You need crush blow and all of the deadly strike etc from the Guill. helm.

You can live with the goblin toes, all though they are much inferior to Gore riders. Lots of extra damage and speed from Gore riders.

You cant wear enigma unless you find a way to improve your resists. COH is the best solution, smoke is pretty good also.

Are you sure that HOZ will solve your resist problems ? You will lose the resists on your spirit. HOZ will add 69 if you insert a pdiamond. They are very expensive as you know.

If you can afford HOZ then consider getting Exile. It offers huge benefits, defiance aura, freezes target and frequent life tap. You can easily reach 10k defense with defiance from your exile. Freezes target is awesome for melee. You will be able to charge into a hord of bad guys and they will all be frozen as you tap them with your sword.

You might be able to use a Sanctuary shield instead. Ko+Ko+Mal can give up to +70 resists and if you do that on a good resist pally shield you could get over +100 to your resists.

Look at the mods on COH. They are awesome for melee, great resists, +2 skills, strength, and moderate increased defense. IMHO, COH blows away nigma.

10. pliu

pliu Banned

No idea how doom work

Doom
    5 Socket Axes/Polearms/Hammers
    Hel + Ohm + Um + Lo + Cham

5% Chance To Cast Level 18 Volcano On Striking
    Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped
    +2 To All Skills
    +45% Increased Attack Speed
    +330-370% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -(40-60)% To Enemy Cold Resistance (varies)
    20% Deadly Strike
    25% Chance of Open Wounds
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Freezes Target +3
    Requirements -20%

If the Holy Freeze Aura from doom not overide the pal's Holy Freeze Aura, it will be a good weapon for Holy Freeze Zealer.