Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to get these runes?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by kingofthedarkage, May 20, 2008.

1. kingofthedarkage

kingofthedarkage IncGamers Member

How to get these runes?

Heres a list of runes i need:

JAH
    JAH
    SUR
    LO
    OHM
    MAL
    IST

Anybody got any strategys to finding these runes quickly? I've been doing countess runs for about an hour and I've had no luck :sad2:. I have a lvl ** mf sorc but she can't find anything good.

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: How to get these runes?

Countess drop to vex I belive? And mf has nothing to do with chance to find runes, better off doing something like meph and trading for the runes

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

The Countess can drop up to an Ist with her special rune drop, and up to a Lo with her normal item drop (which has about the same odds for a Lo as any other unique monster in Hell).

Trading is about the only path open to you. Keep going with the runs, acquire items and runes for trade bait, and eventually you'll have enough. I'm not sure of the values, but there's a "trading-values" forum around here somewhere that should give you an idea of what you need to offer in return.

FYI, odds are that you won't be finding the runes yourself anyday soon. In the ~4 years I've played the game, I'd probably be reasonably close to getting about 1/2 of that list if I'd saved and cubed every rune that I ever found.

4. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Harsh reality of D2: five high runes won't be dropping for you any time soon. In the last year that I've been playing D2 solidly, nearly every night, I've seen one high rune drop. I've never seen an Ist drop, and that's not even a HR (this is probably just bad luck, though). Got a few Mals.

My advice is the same as the above: get trading.

5. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

What is this special rune drop?

6. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

It's what make Countess so good at dropping runes. She always drops at least one rune when you kill her, and runes in her special rune drop have a higher chance of dropping. Since her special rune drop goes up to Ist in hell, Countess is the best chance to get Ist and below. Gul to Lo you really won't see from her unless you're really really dedicated.

7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Close, but not quite - she's not guaranteed to drop one rune. I've had her drop no runes on several runs (and my personal record for runes in one drop from her is 4... 3x El and an Eld :tongue:).

Gimme a sec and I'll copy the info over from my guide that explains these basics...

Edit:

Sidenote: For anyone that might not know, the guide was geared around single-player, and the /players setting is an in-game command that you can use to simulate having additional, unpartied, players in the game (I don't think the command works on BNet).

Hopefully that's enough clarity for anyone that didn't know those details before reading the quote.

8. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

another way to get runes are hellforge rushes:
    you will need one character to rush, one character that needs the baal quest in norm and is at least level 40 (to get you past nm baal as well) and 6 characters to collect the forges and drag along.
    this works best if you have several games running or have people with you running several games (so they can control a rushee or two for you when you rush them).

and those runes you will get there (hel to gul in hell) can of course be cubed to higher runes. this of course only makes sense for the first two or three high runes, because the rest will get to expensive. with enough rushes you will eventually have some solid currency and can easily trade for everything you want.

little advice on trading:
    most high end runewords are so good that the specific stats on it wont make much/any difference in gameplay. the stats do make a huge difference in price though. i got my 36 ias/356dmg grief for two ist for example; on europe the necessary Lo rune alone normally costs slightly more than that, let alone the mal i would have needed in addition.

9. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

How are Terror keys useless to non-ladder players? We want ubers as well, you know.

10. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Thanks for the clarification.

I thought that special drop was some sort of quest drop, and I thought that I screwed up by doing the countess quest.

With my sorc I can run the countess in a couple mins, so i guess i'll be running her and hope to get a Lo (either from cubing what I find or directly)

The highest she dropped for me was Mal, and that was in about 10-15 runs... but I guess I was lucky, cause most of her hell drops are 1x El or 1x Eld :undecided:

I usually see the keys as a bonus... so I guess I'll be running her alone (to increase the chances of runes droppin)

As for the Hell forge... :cry: My first forge drop ever was an Ist. The second one was a Fal, and I rushed a guy for NM forge and I got a Pul :thumbsup:

As for the godly runewords... eh... I have a redeemer, so I don't really need grief, but if I get the Lo, i'll make one.

Enigma, BotD, GoH, Infinity... they are all nice and overpowered! I can live without them.