How to get over 100k defense.

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
YOu can get charges of Concentrate on a weapon. I'm not sure what the max lvl is, but I saw a lvl 5 Concentrate charge on a weapon once. Eitehr way, You'll be adding 100%+ enhanced defense while swining.

+100% defence won't help much unless it's to the final defence :)

80k of defence with 75% block won't make a smiter invincible...

12 hits from a BvC barb = 3 hits after block.

80k/3 = 26k
so the barb will need 26k Ar to hit once in every two whirls so with 52k of AR he will hit you one time each time or something :rolleyes:

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
+100% defence won't help much unless it's to the final defence :)

80k of defence with 75% block won't make a smiter invincible...

12 hits from a BvC barb = 3 hits after block.

80k/3 = 26k
so the barb will need 26k Ar to hit once in every two whirls so with 52k of AR he will hit you one time each time or something :rolleyes:
maths is faulty, 26k vs 80k is 24.5%cth even 52k is under 40%

Uregone2

Diabloii.Net Member
Just my .2 cents, but, on a fort armor, why not get the frozen armor to take affect, then switch to the stone. Gives and easy inc on armor. Also, what about a eth pul pul giant skull on ladder. Crazy def there. Also, i have SEEN a +150k def guy, using the two items listed above. Of course this gear would be show off purposes. No1 wants to break there nice eth giant skull :lol:

hoh_majestic

Diabloii.Net Member
my smiter using
eth 167ed 2 skill valor (could be better)
almost perfect def coa
139ed verdungos
eth treks
dracula grasps
11xx vortex exile
maras raven frost and 20str ring
7pally combat 1 anni
max hs and defiance
has 49800 def
id like to cheak what it is with shiver armor from fort activated then putting valor back on

ive seen it hit 70k with barb shout

of course all that def doesnt help me much against other smiters who use enigma since they have a bit more life and less str

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Just saw this thread...

One thing too was I planned on buffing holy shield. I buff HS to about level 51, which gives a defense multiplier of +1075% and another 220% from defiance on exile. With that, you only need a base defense of about 7100 defense or so, which you can get without serious compromise of killing power.

3600 defense stone
~1250 defense exile
~500 from gloves, belt, and boots
500 defense from helm

That alone can get you to over 80k defense with no real sacrifice in gear. If you use an eth fort, you can still get to over 70k.

I think someone did a theoretical calc on paladins (including using defense charms and everything) and concluded you could get 100k without using shrines, exile, or defiance and you could get like 140k using exile. And palas can get way more than barbs, HS is > than shout by far.

Garbad