Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to get just one charge with CoT?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by somedude, May 26, 2008.

1. somedude

somedude IncGamers Member

How to get just one charge with CoT?

I've just started a Claw/Claw CoT/PS melee assassin.
    Never played assassins before, and I'm also a bit new to the game, just played it through Normal years ago.
    I'm currently level 19 with 2 points in CoT so far.

Now the problem is this: When using CoT, I can't get just 1 charge. When I hit an enemy just once, I immediately get two charges (two balls flying around me). So I can only use the 2 or 3 charge attacks (nova and charged bolt), but never the 1 charge attack (lightning).
    I guess this is because of the double claws, so 2 attacks minimum.
    But I think there really must be a way to also use that lightning effect... so, is there?

2. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Re: How to get just one charge with CoT?

Why would you want only 1 charge? When you release the second charge, first one comes out as well.

It's only with Phoenix Strike that it doesn't work like this. In that case, hotkey your skills on your right mouse button, hold down right key on ground (NO namelocking) and quickly alternate PS and your finisher with the hotkeys. You'd get a combination of meteors and chaos lightning. The result somewhat alters depending on your AR.

3. somedude

somedude IncGamers Member

Re: How to get just one charge with CoT?

Ah... then it's no problem, and indeed better this way. I didn't notice that the first effect is included. :)
    Thanks.