Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to get an infinity?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by kingofthedarkage, May 10, 2008.

1. kingofthedarkage

kingofthedarkage IncGamers Member

How to get an infinity?

Hi everybody,

I'm new to these forums....Actually, i'm kinda new to diablo2 as well so i don't really know how things go around here.:undecided:

So, I'm wondering what is the easiest way to get an infinity? I just started about 2 weeks ago and my characters are a lvl 85 CL/FO sorc which I use for hell countess runs and a lvl 16 MF lightning sorc which I will develop when i get an infinity for it. So... are my dreams of an infinity ruined for now or is it still possible to get one? I don't have anything worth trading atm.

btw, i play on Us west and my account name is today989...if you wanna help me out:grin:

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: How to get an infinity?

Trading is about the only path open to you. Keep going with the runs, acquire items and runes for trade bait, and eventually you'll have enough. I'm not sure of the values, but there's a price-check forum around here somewhere that should give you an idea of what you need to offer in return.

FYI, odds are that you won't be finding the runes yourself anyday soon. In the ~4 years I've played the game, I'd probably be pretty close to making an Infinity if I'd saved every rune I ever found.

3. kingofthedarkage

kingofthedarkage IncGamers Member

4 years. Wow, I'm definietly not going to wait 4 years for an infinity. I guess my other alternative is begging all my friends for runes:grin:

4. divinius

divinius IncGamers Member

well i would say an eth cryptic axe or eth thresher would be best for infinity in my opinion. i went with eth colossus voulge and i dont like the 200 str requirement. as far as the infinity runes that is obviously the hard part. probably another high rune for eth elite pole. so coming up with 5 high runes of value is overwhelming at first. but i would have to agree with sirpoopsalot. just keep doing item runs and eventually you will find things that are valuable and then you can begin building up to your infinity.

5. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Hm. I would say calculating the limit of tan(x) as x approaches ?/2.

:hide:

6. monte cristo

monte cristo IncGamers Member

I recomend doing countess runs - save all runes she drops and mute them for craft runes (such as nef, ral, ith, amn, sol to name just a few) and sell 20 of them for pul. Plus every so often You may stumble upon lem+ from her, not to mention keys of terror which also hold some value (4 terrors ~ pul). Good luck :smiley:

7. Borje

Borje Banned

:grin: lol! =)

I agree, keep running the Countess as she is very rewarding! But try and add something like Mephisto and Andy if you feel you can do them with realtive ease. They have good chances to drop items that you can trade/use yourself like skin of the vipermagi and HoZ!

8. pangchi

pangchi IncGamers Member

man i never get anything good from the countess except for keys... grr... i got my infinity after i had a fully decked out hdin. i didnt start with my light sorc.. i say just keep farming keys and meph and andy. but now the question is ... how do i get a decent griffons? uughh so many hrs

oh yea mf eldritch shenk threshsocket and summoner too :) if you dont wanna spend too mcuh time searching then do pindle eldritch and thresh.. super ez to get to

9. Ghist

Ghist IncGamers Member

Trading is your best way to get an Infinity. It is also most probably easily fastest way of getting it. Naturally you will have no guarantee that the runes are not duped but on the other hand high runes have become a form of currency which they would not be without duping & botting. I think 99.9% of all Infinity weapons are result of this path.

You can wait to find the runes which is a bigger and way more uncertain undertaking. I have not played very actively at all since 2004, but all above Gul runes I have found have been: Cham, Ber, Sur, Ohm and Vex. This way you probably never get your Infinity.

Third way of getting it is tedious as well, but somewhat guaranteed. Not everyone can do it effectively. Last time I played very actively was summer 2004 and during that time, I did mass amount of Hell hellforges. Having 4 computers at home allowed me to give someone a boost to hell along with 3 of my mules. I think I did about 150 of those boosts.

10. leeye84

leeye84 IncGamers Member

Infinity is the most important item, imo, for a light sorc. I started back playing D2, and it took me about 2 weeks (1 -2 hours a day, none on weekends) to get an Infinity.

The easiet way to get an Infinity is to trade for one, but you need some capital first. To get capital, here are some of my favorite ways:

1: Build a cheap MF sorc. Ex: Bliz Sorc. Your CL/FO sorc should work too.
    2: Ran Meph/Pindle: Meph is the easist boss to get some decent items. Look out for Arach(1hr, not on Pindle), high War Travs(1-2hrs), high Gheeds(1hr), high Verdungos(1-2hrs), etc. All you need is a combination of these items.
    3: Sell you combination of items for 5 HRs (Spam in channel / forums)
    4: spam in channel / Varies D2 forums: 5Hrs for Infinity
    5: Get Infinity

The whole process takes 2-3 hours a day for about 1 week or so.

Or you can just rush your characters to Hell Hellforge and try your luck in the runes.

The key is not to spend any money (runes) on anything else. Focus on one item at a time. Assuming you can survive the MF.

11. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I'm not saying this can't be done (in fact, I know of several people in the SPF that have done it), but here's some rough math to put this task in perspective:

Gul = Highest Rune possible from Hellforge, so that's the standard I'll work with.
    Chances of getting a Gul from Hellforge: 1/11...
    ... but counting cubing the lower runes up, let's say it's actually 1/9
    Number of Gul's needed to make one Ber: 32
    Number of Ber runes in Infinity: 2

So, that's: 9 x 32 x 2 = 576 characters to have a couple of Ber runes.

... Let's say you average ~1 Hour per rush (guessing - you might be able to do this faster, or it might be slower)... congratulations, you've just spent ~3.5 entire weeks of your life getting this item.

Add or subtract a week for the actual deviations from my rough math. :tongue:

(Note: the folks that I know who did it in single-player were mostly using modified DLL's to rush 7 characters at one time (and an 8th character to do the rush)... but the average rush time, I believe, was somewhere around 1.5 hours. Even then, the time required was very high.)

12. pangchi

pangchi IncGamers Member

well if you are sp then gluck but if you are on bnet, if you rush ppl for forge all u need is 4 guls or ums and u can get 2 bers with that

13. leeye84

leeye84 IncGamers Member

In single player, I really don't know how to do it other than cubing guls. It will be a time consuming process.

But nowadays on Bnet, Ist = Hr. Sometimes you can even find Mal = Hr deals. Therefore, if you hit a couple of ists, then you're set. However, I still do not recommend forge running unless you have a friend who is willing to G-rush you (takes about 1 hour per run from norm to hell hellforge). I didn't have that luxury, so I took the MF meph road.