How to get a legit Zod rune in close realm?

bangelking

Diabloii.Net Member

Can you share your experience? I dont want to trade one cos 99% it will be a duped one.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
Almost every High rune on the realms (esp when you're past the place where you can cube reasonably) is duped. 99 percent plus. Plus a lot of other 9s.

If you want to make a runeword with ZERO duped runes, then you can advertise that you only want self-found. You'll be waiting a long time.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Kill Baal about 3 million times.

Actually, realistically speaking, you'd probably only have to kill him 2.5 million times, since there's a chance the Zod might drop on the way to the throne room, too.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
The only really feasible way to get a 100% legit Zod (since your chances of finding one or trading for one are so ridiculously slim) is to do mass hellforge rushes, but even that would be quite a chore

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want to make a runeword with ZERO duped runes, then you can advertise that you only want self-found. You'll be waiting a long time.
Not really.

You would only have to wait until someone with a duped one lied to you.

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
Start cubing those El runes! You only need 14 trillion!
Heh...

The first few days I played this was my intention - to cube runes upto high runes by simply cubing all the lower runes I ever found.

Then I remembered I was good at Maths and decided that would be a really foolish thing to do.

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh...

The first few days I played this was my intention - to cube runes upto high runes by simply cubing all the lower runes I ever found.

Then I remembered I was good at Maths and decided that would be a really foolish thing to do.
Indeed. Besides, managing all those pesky low runes would take more time then just do some more Countess runs and find a mid rune. Less fun, too.

To actually answer your question: kill LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of monsters on Hell. And then some more.

Darker Realm

Diabloii.Net Member
One of my close friends found a legit Zod on SP. But then again, it took him years and years on a extremely powerful character that had killing power beyond what most people can achieve in 1.10+.

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh...

Haha. I'm good at math, but I'm just into foolish things. Think I've managed to cube up to Fal so far (not counting Hell Forge runes in here). :-s

disc

Diabloii.Net Member
ive found 4 ohm 3 or 4 vex 0 ber 0 jah 0 zod 1 Lo 1 ist 0 gul lots of mals ums ect, so im quite happy with what has dropped however i never once went out to mf a rune. if your trying out to specifically find a zod you will most likely fail and drive yourself mad in the process. i sugest you mf something else.

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
if your trying out to specifically find a zod you will most likely fail and drive yourself mad in the process. i sugest you mf something else.
I agree. The best drops most of the time happen when you're not expecting them, anyway. Or at least in my experience.

Bliphgar

Diabloii.Net Member
If you cubed two chams and the flawless whatever you need to make a zod, would the zod be estentially legit? Kinda like the way they become legit when you stick em in something (the runes I mean).

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
If you cubed two chams and the flawless whatever you need to make a zod, would the zod be estentially legit? Kinda like the way they become legit when you stick em in something (the runes I mean).
There is a difference between "legit" and "not going to disappear." If you take a duped rune and put it in something, that doesn't make it legit- it may make it less likely to disappear, but it certainly does not become a genuine legitimately obtained item just because you put it in something. It's the same way with cubing runes- if you start with something that is duped, anything that you make with it retains the taint of the original rune, even if Blizzard's dupe detection methods don't catch it (yet.)

smeer

Diabloii.Net Member
ive found 4 ohm 3 or 4 vex 0 ber 0 jah 0 zod 1 Lo 1 ist 0 gul lots of mals ums ect, so im quite happy with what has dropped however i never once went out to mf a rune. if your trying out to specifically find a zod you will most likely fail and drive yourself mad in the process. i sugest you mf something else.
I wonder how long it took you to find those....
I've played diablo for 7 years now. The last 3 years I invested lots of hours into this game. I only found 1 sur and 1 ist (not counting hellforge).

disc

Diabloii.Net Member
I wonder how long it took you to find those....
I've played diablo for 7 years now. The last 3 years I invested lots of hours into this game. I only found 1 sur and 1 ist (not counting hellforge).
i forgot to add i also found a cham, regarding your question ive played this game since release on and off. most hrs were found doing meph runs, i believe one ohm dropped from a chest if i recall correctly, the ist dropped in a cow game in 1.09. Lo from travincial run in hell game in 1.10, cham i think a cow game 1.09, not sure. havent found a rune in ages apart from the Lo as i dont mf much these days so that was a real treat when it dropped. odd how ive found alot more ohms and vex than a single ist. thems the breaks. ive never done any runs specificly for runes though. i think it all evens itself out in the end, ive never found wf in all the pindle and pit runs were as some people who have spent less time than me mf ing may of found two...
all my finds have been without mh or bots of any kind i add.