Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to get 20k berserk damage

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Damric, May 17, 2005.

1. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

How to get 20k berserk damage

Just some number crunching people may find useful. I also posted this in PvP forum but I felt it belongs here in barbarian forum.

Assume your weapon damage +charms is something around 500. That's your base. (I get 476 but I suck.)

Assume 150% ed from weapon mastery. (I am 148%.)
    Assume 1000% ed from fully synergiezed berserk. (Nubs like me are really around 900%.)
    Assume 200 strength total. (Counts as %ed.)
    Fortitude 300%ed. Phoenix 400% ed. Steelrends 50%.

Total %ed = 2100%

500 multiplied by 2200% (base counts once as 100%) = 11k.

Times 2 for deadly strike is 22k. Thats why I like highlords/goreriders/grief for high % DS.

After PvP penalty (17%) = 3740 (Ouch magic damage too.)

2. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

if i am correct you did your multiplication wrong. unless im wrong, the strength ed is supposed get multiplied to the weapon damage, then the ed modifiers from fort and skill comes in.

3. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Nope, he did the math correct. Synergized Berserk hurts.

4. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Nice info.Not to be rude,but you only need to post this once.You posted this in the pvp forum already,you dont have to post it again. :)

Rik

5. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Yeah, but you shouldn't count Phoenix, since it has crap block, which is a whopping 400% out of 2100% less. It's a pretty dmg'ing setup like this, but not pvp-ready.

HoD

6. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Rik: thx for moderating. :clap:

HoD: I use a Stormshield myself. I found that the slower Phoenix blocking is even more annoying versus monsters. Not to mention %block and damage reduction issues. I think the most important part of getting good damage from zerk is to have a very high %DS. I consistently hit in the high teenthousands with grief pb/70%DS. I still manage to get a 23k AR with high end ravens/charms so I can use my highlords. Only for pure offence someone would use a Phoenix with Guillames. Oh and I don't use rends either because another 50% or so is kind of insignificant. I use disciple or magnus glove or a crafted glove.

7. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

If it is a 1-hit KO pvper, then why not replace the pheonix with a 2 handed weapon with a much higher average damage?

8. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

I tried with a nice Oath bb. Maybe you would have more luck with an ebotd. Speed is a bit slower on 2 handed swings. You maybe hit a smiter 25% of the time or less depending on defence/level. This means you better hit 9 fpa so you can hope to get a shot in. Versus true melee the blocking/damage reduction must be maximum since you are zero defence. Basically you need to be able to take some hits so you can land one.

9. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

Berserkers can KO characters in one hit? I thought only chargers can, what classes he can kill in one hit? Can he kill other barb? Sorry for my ignorance

10. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

well, since its pure magic damage and it can get higher damage than hammerdins, you can 1hit ko alot of chars, but prolly not most barbs

11. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Haha, seriusly... it depends on the char you are against. A shield is no good versus a smiter so why not get a better damage there? Since you're anyway in for the 1 hit KO why not use a good range 5 weapon with high speed? It's not like you'll stand a chance against most classes anyway, the best you can do is to run / tele after sorcs, hope for the first hit versus palas (get high IAS and range 5 and hope he won't charge you first). Other classes where shield is neseccary is mostly a lost fight anyway, so why not just go 2-handed all the way? :)

12. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

he can't tele since he uses fort. Also i thougth his build was a tele zerker but nowhere did he mention anyting with tele.

13. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

I did also wrote run / tele

14. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

So it's not like Vengeance where only the on-weapon damage modifiers count? Sounds like a fun boss killer.

Edit: Oh, and hang on. What would a Pride equipped Might merc contribute to this build? If that works, you could probably afford Enigma and some decent MF. Sorry, I know nothing about Berserk except for the basics.

15. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

If you don't use fortitude and go with enigma you lose 3 times your base in damage. So assume 3 times 500 therefore lose 1500 damage. You might not notice this too much since you do huge damage already. Before the new runewords came out I was using Guardian Angel for the extra blocking and resists. A Pride/Might merc would add a LOT of damage. 315% from Pride, maybe 200% from Might. So roughly 2500 more damage for having that merc. If you are planning on PvM a lot, I go with an Insight/Prayer merc to help life/mana since you cannot leech.

16. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

Lazy berserker, I have a question for you, what if Zerk can kill WW barb like this, WW barbs don't usually have weapon wth range 5 so, what if zerk grabs a 5 range weapon and uses it from afar, not letting WW barb touch him? He has much more damage and more range, so, What do you think, and one more question, how many strikes will it take zerker to kill WW barb?

17. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

First I'd say that a perfect eth BoTD WP = 247-1335 would be the best choice, but then I saw that the speed of it, let's say you have 40% IAS, would only be a 1.7 attacks / second. Meanwhile a perfect eth BoTD GP = 345-952 would provide 2 attacks / second. Last a perfect eth BoTD Manchaster = 315-690 would provide 2.5 attacks / second.
    So in average the best would be:
    WP = 791 * 1,7 = 1344 damage / second
    GP = 648.5 * 2 = 1297 damage / second
    Manchaster = 502.5 * 2.5 = 1256 damage / second

So you should think a WP would be best, though the lower speed could mean you won't hit at all.

Now for the setup, let's say you're using Fort, Highlords, (to get Beserk to the listed of 1000% ED you would need + 11 to beserk = 6 Comb. skillers I guess, and +5 from equiptment), gores aso.
    Fort = 300% ED

Then you would have you're mastery, and let's say an average of 11+ skills so Beserk would provide:
    1000% ED
    Since arreats give +2 to combat skills you would have about +3 to mastery all together:
    Mastery: 138%

Let's say that both barbs is level 85 so you would have 45% ds and 21% cs

So all together with the different weapons you would have:
    WP = 1344 * (1+(1000+138+300)/100) = 20670 damage / second with 56,55% chance of double damage. So it's is in average 32358 magic damage / second.
    GP = 1297 * (1+(1000+138+300)/100) * 1,5655 = 31228 magic damage / second.
    Manc. = 1256 * (1+(1000+138+300)/100) * 1,5655 = 30241 magic damage / second.

So theoretically the WP should be best, though here comes the tough part...

A ww'ing barb is faster than an e.g. teleporting sorc in the first short duration of ww, since it's a moving attack, meanwhile teleport is performed startionary. Your attack with Beserk is also stationary and you will need to hit the barb at range 5. Let's say the barb doesn't tele WW you or anything but runs to range 6 and WW. You will of course shift lock him. Now with level 14 IS = 40% skill speed and about 75% equipment speed, the barb will walk with 7.6 yards per second.

I don't know how you calculate how fast you ww, so as an example let's say it's 50% of your running speed, that would be 9.6 yards / second / 2 = 4.8 yards per second. I don't either know how range 5 is in yards, but I don't think it's 5 yards :D.

So with a WP you probably won't be able to land a hit, but if you do versus a 7k life barbarian, and dealing maximum damage and double damage, you would deal: 1335 * (1+(1000+138+300)/100) * 1/3 = 6.8k of damage, so if you manage to hit with the WP in first try, and get the maximum possible amount of damage you have a great chance to kill most chars, though not high barbs. Though as already mentioned I don't think you'll be able to hit with a 1.7 attack per second, range 5, versus a 12.5 attack per second, range 3. When the ww'er is moving with a speed of something like 4.8 yards per second, and has 95% chance of each hit will land.

But, you might have a slight better chance of hitting with the manchaster with 2.5 attacks per second. Hitting maximum damage, and double damage, you would deal: 690 * (1+(1000+138+300)/100) * 1/3 = 3537 of damage.

Out of this, the conclusion must be that a beserk barb simply doesn't stand a chance versus a ww barb. Because ww is a moving attack, that probably (with enough speed) moves faster then the 2 ranges in difference can provide of help. :)

Though there is a lot of unceartiancy on the ww speed, that I hope someone else migh have a deeper insight in ;)

Regards ^^

18. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

ww speed is the same as walk speed & ww range is in tiles not yards.A tile unit (t.u) is 2/3rd of a yard.

Rik

19. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

Haha, then the beserk barb is really toasted :D

EDIT: Barb ww'ing with 7.6 yards / second, other barb hitting 2 times a second with range 5 = 5 * 2 / 3 = 3.333 yards / ½ second = 6.67 yards / second... so even a manchaster won't hit, and beside! I hadn't seen that a manchaster had a maximum amount of 5 sockets :eek:

20. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

Ok I got it, but what if I get out of the way of WW barb when he whirls and stay at his side and out of his range, and will try to hit him while he WW? I guess even if he uses short whirls anyway it takes some time, so he will be vulnerable for a little amount of time anyway, plus as you said I'll have chance to kill him in two hits.