Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to get +2 skill rare ammys

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by kzzasada, Mar 23, 2005.

1. kzzasada

kzzasada IncGamers Member

How to get +2 skill rare ammys

Recently i have been crafting ammys and realized that the +2 skill ammys had a high lvl of 89. i was wondering the how to find or get a decent +2 skill rare ammy with a lower lvl requirement. Should i stick to gambling with my lvl 94 pally or should i pray that one will fall in hell cows or something like that?

2. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

gambling is by far the best way to get rare amulets from my experience. However, usually out of 500k, you'll get 1 or 2 decent rares, but to get the really good ones, you'll need about 1 million+ gold.

3. kzzasada

kzzasada IncGamers Member

geez that sounds pretty cheap to get a nice rare ammy. Has anyone every gotten a plus 2 skill ammy from gambling? how many tries? and what lvl was your char?

4. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

I've gambled several dozen 2 all skill ammys, few of them actually had anything else decent on them, but this has been over several months, and most of them with my lvl 90-91 sorc. It's not hard to do, and what else are you gonna do with all that gold you collect from selling elite armors and class specifics that often give you 35k apiece. Keep at it, something nice will come out of it eventually.

~Bails

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Crafted items have a required level penalty that is typically +22 for high level crafts. +2 skills on an amulet requires 67 if it appears on a magic or rare, but on a craft it ends up at 67+22 = 89.

The best chance of gambling a +2 skill amulet is at clvl 95 or higher, but it is possible to get them at 86, just your odds have an extra 1/10 factor multiplied in (this factor improves by an extra 1/10 every extra level your char has until 95).
    So, a level 90 has half the chance of gambling a +2 skill amulet as a 95, but, at least they still can.