Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to gear up for hell?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Teemeeme, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Teemeeme

Teemeeme IncGamers Member

Hey guys, I recently started playing D2 again, started a Javazon and played her through NM and N (with out much trouble), but now I'm stuck. I'm quite a noob, as I never really played in battle.net before and only played single player with mods, so I really have no clue how to gear up for Hell. My guides state that I need pretty good gear to survive the next difficulty, namely Razortail belt and Titan's Revange javelins, as they are the most important ones, because it seems that there are no alternatives to these two. So how can I get these items as easy and fast as possible? I already thought about buying them form other players, but again I have no clue how that works or how I even pay for them (seems like gold is not the main currency in diablo2). Can please some one give me a detailed "walkthrough" on how to get my gear together? Thanks in advance and sry for possible errors, as english is not my mother tongue.

Edit: If you need anymore information just ask, thx.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  2. UntwinkedPatriarch

UntwinkedPatriarch IncGamers Member

If you could post your skills and build, that would be quite helpful. (I'm assuming you're using Lightning Fury.)

As powerful as Razortail & Titan's Revenge are for a Javazon, they're not exactly a prerequisite to beat the game. Javazons are fairly item independent and can have success with the most common of equipment.

Without knowing too much about your build, just make sure you focus on the usual suspects:
    1) Resistances
    • Lightning/Fire/Cold. If you fall asleep while playing D2 you focus on Poison resistance, but otherwise forget about it. Gambling for belts, gloves and boots are a good way to maximize your resistances.
    2) +Skills
    • You usually find some maiden javelins that give +3 to all javelin skills lying on the ground. You can also buy +3 javelins from vendors if you have enough patience shopping, so the choice is yours.
    3) Cheap & effective equipment:
    • Armor (you're 99% guaranteed to get at least one of these choices)
      • 'Smoke' (Nef+Lum): This is the easiest to get but also gives you the most resistances.
      • 'Duress' (Shael+Um+Thul): A bit of everything. Resistances. FHR. Defense. Diversified damage: cold, crushing blow (physical), open wounds (other).
      • 'Lionheart' (Hel+Lum+Fal): Good resistances and a ton of stats/life.
      • 'Treachery' (Shael+Thul+Lem): The sexy high maintenance, high reward armor. Put this on, then stand in some fire until you turn transparent. When you do, you get 65% resist all, 15% physical resistance that lasts for about 5 minutes. Return to town and repeat this process if/when you're no longer transparent. You also get poison dmg and attack really fast.
    • Helm
      • 'Lore' (Ort+Sol): Skills + Lightning resistance.
      • Any helm with 3 sockets: Add some dirt cheap runes like Ral, Ort, Thul. Not a sexy, but very practical if you can't find anything better.
    • Shield
      • 'Rhyme' (Shael+Eth): Resistances and the life-saving 'Cannot be frozen' modifier that will save your character at least once or twice by the time you finish the game.
      • 'Ancient's Pledge' (Ral+Ort+Tal): Lots of resistances. A solid choice if you don't care about blocking and can get 'Cannot be frozen' somewhere else.

3. Teemeeme

Teemeeme IncGamers Member

Yes I'm playing with Lightning Fury and it's good to hear, that those two aren't prerequisite, but atleast for Razortail I have the problem of having to add more points into pierce if I don't wear it (sofar I only added 9 points here according to my guide).
    Since the new ladder season starts today (I wasn't aware of this, when I wrote here on Sunday), so I have to start a new ladder charackter and guess your tipps will help me with that. Thank you very much for your post.

4. UntwinkedPatriarch

UntwinkedPatriarch IncGamers Member

If you decide to add some points into pierce, you'll still have a total of 3 re-specs saved up in case you find that elusive Razortail. Here's a link: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/amazon-passive.shtml#pierce to help you decide how much you want to add.

Good luck with the new ladder.