How to find items for Insight and Spirit

JKS

Diabloii.Net Member
How to find items for Insight and Spirit

Basically I am trying to shop Act 2 Normal Merchants for 4-socketed broad swords and voulges with an clvl25 sorc.

Either I am very unlucky, or I just can't get these two items there? Which one is it? Is there an easy way to get them? I don't want to use my socketing quest for this and the socketing recipe requires Amn - I will do that if I have to but prefer to avoid it.

The frustrating part is that the merchants regularly offer the two items with 3 sockets.

jimmah

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: How to find items for Insight and Spirit

You can't get 4 socket swords in normal.

Or maybe you can get them from some monsters in Act5 or something.

FreezBee

Diabloii.Net Member

According to the Diablo Wiki, weapons can have 1-4 sockets, if dropped by monsters level 26-40.

However, I would suggest scavenging Act V Normal or Act I Nightmare for 4os Swords and Polearms.

- FreezBee

XCodes

Diabloii.Net Member

Durance 1 is the first possible zone you can get 4-socket weapons. Running Foothills is probably easier. Run around A1 Nightmare, though, and you'll probably find one before too long. I got 4 of them on one character after going about halfway through.

kaervek

Diabloii.Net Member

A2 vendor is capped at ilvl 20 so can't generate those items with 4 sockets, A3 is capped at 28 *but* all vendor items ilvl 25+ are magical so it becomes impossible to shop for the item you want.

kardinaal

Diabloii.Net Member

Fastest way to get those weapons would be (normal) cows, combined with socket recipe or socket quest I guess. Easy run, many drops, just keep any pole / sword that interests you and get sockets in it...

JKS

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for all the answers.
Since merchants were no good and I didn't want to use a quest, I tried with the socket recipe and it was successful on the first attempt.
Insight + prayer is just plain sick. I do not remember the last time I had to use a potion. It completely changes the strategy. At clvl70 I have 300 stat points saved - my mana is always full so I need no energy, I have the required strenght from items, I do not die at all. I just stay behind my merc and shoot maxed Fireball and that it.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

Join Dead Cow games pick them up off the ground, that is all you have to do.

And Thank SSog for your synergy Merc, Nice being able to park him in hell and go make a sandwich is it not?