Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to find Diablo Clone when he Spawns?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Nubin, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Nubin

Nubin IncGamers Member

How to find Diablo Clone when he Spawns?

So how do you find D clone when he spawns in your game???

2. Nubin

Nubin IncGamers Member

I tried to go to Eldritch north of frigid way point, but he didnt spawn there...

3. Nubin

Nubin IncGamers Member

Is it possible that it says Diablo walks the earth but he doesnt spawn, even though you made the game?

4. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

yes there are 2 possibilities maybe. When you dont have Cain and Cain quest cannot be done at same time. I think there is a chance DC is Cowking/Griz guy.

But i alway pick stoney fields wp and search for stones and he always was there (except first time he was griz guy)

5. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

I thought he spawns in place of the closet superunique that a character is near. So when it says that he walks the earth then look for the closest superunique monster closest to wherever you are.

6. C_Narcissus

C_Narcissus IncGamers Member

He spawns IN PLACE OF the next superunique that your game spawns. So if you just entered a fresh game you can spawn him anywhere. If someone else smart is in your game, most likely they will spawn him somewhere strange (Thresh Socket, Den of Evil guy, Blood Raven) so that you can't get the anni charm. You may have accidentally spawned him but not seen him. (?)

7. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Also, in my experience, he will NOT spawn if you have already "spawned" the superunique boss. ie- if you visit rakanishu, or eldritch, or shenk, or whoever Before he comes and then leave the area, then he spawns and you go back to visit those superuniques, he will NOT spawn as them. You will have to find a fresh superunique that you havent visited yet.
    This is why in games where i expect him, i dont visit stoney or cold plains until he's actually in the game to make sure he will spawn where i want.

8. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

These are both correct, but do not cover most circumstances where DClone cannot be found. :D

In a fresh game you can 100% spawn DClone at whatever super unique you choose, as long as you have not been to an area with any super uniques that have been left alive and not "awoken" (ie the super unique and pack have seen you {or you have seen them} and started to go into attack mode).

The number one DClone loss I have found is that people make a game, run Eldritch and Shenk first and then go on to pindle or meph or the pit or whatever and they see soj's being sold so they hang around. When DClone pops they can't seem to find him, they spawn all sorts of super uniques and he just isn't there. "Where is he?" you ask? Heh, Dac Farren (middle of the Bloody Foothills).

You see, DClone spawns as the closest super unique to the first place you travelled in the game, assuming there is a super unique still alive in that area that you have not already spawned.

Of course, this is not the easiest thing in the world to test, as you can't get DClone to pop on demand. I have seen him now in two dozen or so games, mostly public and some private and I have never once failed to find him quickly, no matter how many of the areas of the game have been farmed.

To test this yourself, when you find a soj selling game go kill Eldritch first, then go on and kill time while you wait for him to spawn, leave Shenk alive and un-awakened. When he pops he will spawn at Shenks location 100% of the time, you can try every other super unique in the game, but he will be at Shenks spot. Or if you kill Eld and Shenk first he will be at Dac Farren's spot. This would apply to any map where there are multiple super uniques within a realatively small area.

Heh, also this is the simplest way to code the DClone spawn, the server simply checks the game for the first un-contacted super unique that has been placed on a map, and if this requirement isn't filled then it will be as soon as you take a way point that is in an area with a super unique.

I hope this little tid-bit of information helps people find DClone in every game he spawns in, I hate the idea of DClone's going un-killed and people missing out on their Anni charms. :xx:

The best one I have found to date is 19/19/10. :D

Also, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, DClone is soloable by just about ANY well built character in the 80's. SO DON'T LOSE HOPE!

Good luck and happy hunting!

9. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

yep..my zealots love to whack him down in about a minute or so...gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling (crushing blow rules the world with bosses!!)