Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to fill up other slots on a Mav set bwzon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Hashmalum, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Hashmalum

Hashmalum IncGamers Member

How to fill up other slots on a Mav set bwzon

Hey all what would you guys suggest filling in the other slots with on a mav set bowzon.
    you have boots and jewelry open.

whats missing from the build is mainly res and leech but i dunno.

2. Hashmalum

Does any of the pieces of mav set come with multiple open sockets?

3. Hashmalum

hello?k??????????

4. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

It depends what your bow skills are. I guess you are using FA and if you are using strafe as a second skill what shooting speed do you want? It is possible to get a 9/3 or 9/2 strafe with Mavina's using socketed jewels and an amulet with 20 IAS.

Mavina's peices have no "free" sockets so you'll need to use 3 socket quests for it to be fully socketed.

5. hittitian

hittitian IncGamers Member

Well, how about this..

Mavinas lack open slots. So, you gotta even think it in conjunction with merc set up.

For jewelaries, you may realized that the set doesn't have any life leech bonus which means you gotta find it from other sources. I put a 6/7 duel leech ring (Gamble a lot!). That gives 11% mana and 7% life leech which should be enough in hell with any type of zons unless you miss targets a lot. People might concern that 7% life leech is not enough, but come on, you're a zon who may not heavily depend on life leech. So, 7% life leech should not be a problem at all. For the other ring, of course, a raven to get a load of mana and CBF. For ammy, this requires a consideration of merc set up. If you have a reapers toll (right? that unique thresher that triggers decrepify whatever), your merc will trigger decrepify constantly and you don't need to put atmas scarab for amp dmg. So, in my case, I put highlord to get +1 skill, hefty amount of deadly strike, and lightning res. It works quite well. If you don't have a reaper's on your merc, put atmas especially if you're a multi zon. For boots, I put gorerider for additional source of increased dmg. I heard that war traveller works as well.

If you're aming for FA as a back up skill after your main skill such as Multi or Strafe, you may want to put at least 3-4 cold dmg charms (should be with higher cold dmg on them). I heard they help to last freezing duration, which could be significant in hell.

6. Hashmalum

I was actually planning on using FA as a main skill, with GA maxed as backup. Of course a few points in multi with all the +skills on the set will make it viable as well.

Im not that rich I can barely afford the set (Im on east hc ladder), i have waterwalks as boots, a prismatic ammy with 51 life, max dmg, and 8 ML. 1 ravenfrost. and i guess I need LL for the other ring slot.... Shael in bow for 9fpa shot... dunno bout armor/helm slots.

+6 to my P/M and B/C skill trees from the set, so

all evades at 50% = 6,1,6 points
    2 base crit strike=51%
    6 base pierce=75%
    1 in valk
    26 points in this tree

20 cold arrow, 20 freezing arrow, 20 guided, rest into multishot

at level 78 i will have all this accomplished with a level 1 base multishot, all points from here go into multi

seems like a pretty sound setup, opinions?

7. Hashmalum

hey anyone wanna comment??

8. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Don't bump your posts, read the rules. People will comment if they want to.

9. Hashmalum

Well it just seems that noone wants to talk with me ever. I always make threads about stuff, noone likes to post at all. I try to make threads about interesting builds, noone posts anything. It gets annoying

10. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

I commented before but we probably live in different timezones, so please be patient and wait for us dozy Europeans to wake up... I need a coffee :drink:

Also it would have helped if you'd posted this information earlier since I only play SC on the ladder and so my advice might be "dangerous" and I'd hate to think it got you killed.

Not sure who you play with or what sort of Merc you're using but I would put many more points into Valkrye as she is a super tank able to keep a boss like Duriel occupied in Hell. Mine was very useful in that situation (with one re-cast) after my merc died and I used MA to kill him.

It seems to me that putting a lot of points into GA gives a small return of only 5% extra %ED and this is only equivalent to 5 Dex. The Mavina's bow does fairly low physical damage so using Dex and skills to boost it has a small overall effect. Try to get charms or equipment that boost its max and min damage and War travs would be good in that respect with 15 min and 25 max damage. The Mavinas set does quite a good amount of cold and magic damage which will add to your GA anyway, so I'd treat GA as a one point wonder.

Those skill points in GA might be better employed in a Valk that can do a lot of damage now and she can pin monsters that get past your FA as well as occupy bosses.

Good luck, and may your Zon live long and prosper.

11. Hashmalum

Hmm good advice... but I think Im gonna max my GA. Instead of Shaeling my bow though, Ive decided to use cats eye to take care of that IAS, and AMN my bow. Now i have a setup something like this:

Mav helm(will eventually Um rune this)
    Mav armor(would be nice to eventually get a cold facet for this)
    Mav bow (Amn)
    --------
    Cats eye
    Mav glove
    Mav belt
    waterwalk
    ravenfrost
    ?????(Thinking of dual leech ring here, should handle all leech problems)

Thinking of stopping at an even 300 dex, as Im going to need vit in hc. Ill have two damages, cold and physical. Might merc sounds good, Ill have to get him the weapon that was mentioned along with a gaze/shaft or something.