Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how to duel with hammers

Discussion in 'PvP' started by INurEYE, Apr 26, 2008.

1. INurEYE

INurEYE IncGamers Member

how to duel with hammers

hey. I have a pvm hammerdin and it's pretty good. lvl 93 hits 125fcr and 86fhr decent life and only 18DR though. I was just wondering how to properly duel with them. The few times i've been called out, what i try to do it tele around and get them chasing me. I stop and cast hammers, then contiue tele'ing around and hope that the random hammers i have going around hit them. With the less aggresive builds like trap sins i try to run around really fast with vigor and when i get close i switch to conc and hope i hit them. other then that i don't really have any stratagies. can anyone help me out.

2. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

Re: how to duel with hammers

mix tele/desynch, also learn to nl, use grief and smite vs druid, bowazons
    to name a few tactics only

3. Elcazuto

Elcazuto IncGamers Member

Also versus physical damage dealing opponents get some more DR, as 18% isn't going to cut it versus barbs, windys, and zons to name a few.

With a COA and dungos you'll hit 50%, with a Bered Shako you'll hit 41% using dungos (this assumes a 15% DR dungos). You can still hit 125 FCR using these items :)

4. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

Some biggies that really helped me out when i started getting more into pvp were..
    1. Set up hotkeys and get comfortable using them. Don't use F1 thru F8 for example, get good at holding shift down with your pinky and using the rest of ur fingers to control skills on A,S,D,Z,Q,etc keys.
    2. Like mainaman said, practice namelocking...a lot. Find immune monsters and work on holding namelocks and switching between the skills.
    3. Watch vids on the internet of duels. Theres a sticky at the top of the pvp forum that has some pretty good examples of pro-duels.
    4. Read some guides. Some are terrible at explaining strategies, but most on dii.net do a really good job telling you how to handle different opponents and how to set up ur char equipment.
    5. Practice. 1v1 in a private game for a good hour while telling each other what you were thinking or doing will help a ton.