Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to disprove the use of AA?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by rare, Apr 1, 2005.

1. rare

rare Diabloii.Net Member

How to disprove the use of AA?

So I started to play an ES Fb sorc about a month ago... not even that.

I join a game, and I do pretty well usually; since it's a pub, obviously it's like 3v1 all the time, and I win a majority of them. 4 on 1, 5 on 1...and this is just after a few weeks of playing this character.

Then comes the expected "AA lol" and "nk sorc she cheats." I try to explain to them that fb is easily spammable, and if they tele/walk in a pattern, they will get hit because my fb's will already be there. And I play rather defensively, so I can aim rather succesfully because I know they are following me.

They still call me "aa'r" and etc etc. I'm not using AA, I don't even use maphack which I think highlights enemy and friendly projectiles on the minimap; but I'm not using either, and never have.

How can I possibly disprove them? I felt rather proud when some random pub clan came along (ai, boL or something...among others), and all 3 of them hostiled me, and I came out victorious. After about two wins, they start yelling "AA!!"

I guess they're just mad, and sometimes even I dont know how I hit something. I'd say it's beginner's luck :eek: , but obviously they're not gonna believe that.

So, any way that I can prove I'm not AA'ing? it really takes the fun out of it when your opponents just spend half the duel teleporting all the way to CP just to type, "nice aa"

2. dth

dth Banned

Either just accept it, and play along with the idiots (this is basically a conversation with a 12 year old, act accordingly)
    opponents: "nice aa"
    you: "thanks"

Or use some exaggerated opposite view
    opponents: "nice aa"
    you: "actually that wasn't aa, that was a hack that lets me automatically win by right clicking"

If their crying about it, do what I usually do
    opponents: "aaer"
    you: "cry" squelch. kill them, take money, nk them once, leave.
    I love when people type LOL after this, because no one hears this except their inflated ego.

3. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce Diabloii.Net Member

Actually I find that if they compliment on your 'AA' or ask you where you got it from, just annoy them by saying that you actually do 'AA'; they'll just shut up about it afterwards.

Them: omgot wher u get aa nub!!?!!!one!!
    Me: From 'name of site', it's pretty handy in duels, you should check it out.
    Them: o, o...k....

4. rare

rare Diabloii.Net Member

Haha, nice ideas.

I'm the type of person that believes it stings more when I legitly beat a gang banging 'clan,' and then I tell them about it.

But your ideas are intriguing :p

Someone believed my shaftstop VT was using hexes -_- THey found it impossible I took down 2-3 guys w/out healing. That proves how Duuuuumb pubs are.

I suppose i'll just accept it; I do take it as a compliment though, so that's good. Thanks for the repliess. anything else to add, feel free.

5. luis19

luis19 Diabloii.Net Member

best phrase to respond to aa accusions:

"zz crai"
    "zz cry more kid"
    "gg"
    "s/e?"
    "cry cause sux?"

all are effective, basically anything that shows that you have not acknowleged the other person will work.

6. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon Diabloii.Net Member

I just kill them then nk them until they run out of gold.

7. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Diabloii.Net Member

Common responses when someone dies in a pub.

1. "LAG"
    2. "lol"
    3. "omg"
    4. "noob"
    5. "brb <lvl 90+ char with godly items joins game> come noob"

If they die because of me, My usual response to:

1. "Whatever your still dead"

If they cry lag, its because they want everyone to think it was not their fault they lost to salvage their honor. Showing that you dont care and reminding them that they lost will nullify this. Expect them to respond like number 5.

2. "Seeing a noob get pwned makes me laugh too"

If this response doesnt trigger some kind of insult/challenge, then they are not human.

3. "God wont save you"

"omg" is saying you won in a cheap manner. Playing on the words turns them into a person crying for help.

4. "Cry more plz"

This is universal. Any flame/insult someone throws at you can be negated by these 3 simple words.

5. Ignore them. Act like they arn't even there. The reason they changed chars is to regain their honor by beating you. As long as they kill you, their honor is restored, even if its with some godly geared char. This is why you see level 80's in games like "lvl 20-30 duels". Mr.Bob kills Mr.Fred, so Mr.Fred gets his high level char and easily kills Mr.bob, regaining his honor. Mr.Bob can't beat Mr.Fred's high level char with his low level char, so he goes and gets his high level char to kill Mr.Fred to regain his honor. So on and so forth.

We all have honor. When someone disrespects us, our honor has been sullied, and we must restore it. When someone kills you in a duel, you get the urge to get revenge. Why?

Let's face it. In dueling, your honor is everything. If you lose to someone, you have lost your honor and can only get it back by defeating the person who beat you. This is why casters show up in games like "Melee duels", and level 80's in low level duels.

Some people cant physically regain their honor because they arn't skilled enough/dont have strong enough gear. So they try to defeat you verbally to restore their honor with insults like "Haha I pwned you noob"(while they stand naked inside town). But there is no substitute. You can say "HAha I dont care that you won, your just a noob lol" and leave the game, but you wont feel the same as if you went out and defeated your opponent.

8. Lyrs

Lyrs Diabloii.Net Member

I'd rather no one use any of the mentioned remarks as they will only add to or sustain the already deplorable state of bnet vocabulary. Furthermore, if you guys haven't noticed, bnet is full of "monkey see monkey do" type personalities. This doesn't apply to only builds used, but to the phrases used. For example, some months back, nearly every hell duel game had some guy going "rebuild" or "remake" everytime he nked someone.

As for the topic at hand, I don't use casters in duels; however, i do duel with mlds and llds. In those cases, I get called a hacker. My usual response is to tell them some rules of PvP, make suggestions on how they can improve the killing speed of their gear, advise them on skills and synergies, and provide some inputs on ias and fcr. Sometimes and usually this is from new gamers or casual gamers, I get a "thanks" or an "I didn't know that" or even a "Wow, thanks a lot! I appreciate the help." I get off helping other people. Then there are some that call me a nerd or geek or something else. For these people, it's generally my response to simply duel them (not nk) or if they bring another character into the game, to leave. I want to duel people who are in my character's level range and who enjoy lld or mld.

And this question of honor. There is no honor in repeatedly killing a naked target. None. It will frustrate people, but there is no way that can be honorable. If you want to duel honorably, look at the Clan Honor rules and learn some ethics. Let them get their gear, let them prepare, and then kill them. Lastly, what you refer to as honor seems more like face. You don't want to lose face by losing.

On the whole, you want to appear as an aggressive, homone-driven male who will gut anyone that even thinks of looking in his direction. Or if not you, at least way too many bnet pvp'ers do.

9. R-A-V-E

R-A-V-E Diabloii.Net Member

nking, gold taking and saying "cry more' ect. doesnt really make you any better then them. infact is makes you exactly like them since thats what they do.

10. AntiTyrant

AntiTyrant Diabloii.Net Member

I know of one way

I use MH :(
    and theres commands that dont go on screen, try using things like
    :autoaim on
    /autoaim on
    and stuff like that to prove there is no program running
    (I have not used AA so I'm not sure of the typing)

11. rare

rare Diabloii.Net Member

Ah nicely said. It does feel good to help people. I had like 4 random paladins in a game, and I taught them a good bunch of info. They were really thankful and all of them offered me their help if i needed a rush or anything. I prefer your way of helping and not adding to the whole pub problem :thumbsup:

AntiTyrant: that might work, I had no idea those commands existed or anything. Maybe that'll prove it if it works. thanks

12. Shlongor

Shlongor Diabloii.Net Member

Private duels will solve your problem ;)

More importantly, there isn't much point in AAing with fireball given its nature.

13. Neurofuzzy

Neurofuzzy Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry for the noob question (i have no experience with sorc), but what is AA?

14. rare

rare Diabloii.Net Member

Funny enough, i'm not 100% sure on what it is either.

Literally, it sounds like something that aims for you. I assume the party screen would act like a list of your possible targets. Then I guess you scroll through the list till you get whoever you want. Then whatever skill you want, will direct you right to them.

For fireball, they'd be perfectly aimed even if the sorceress cannot see you. For teleport, I think you' just teleport perfectly onto whatever player you want; this allows for bspear, ww, fb, hammer, among others.

Is that correct?

15. ethos

ethos Diabloii.Net Member

AA namelocks the selected target with whatever skill your casting, so skill like bone spirit will track over several screens, traps will be cast ontop of your target etc. Very lame and easily detectable. Bone spirits track you even if you are 2 screens away from the necro when they cast it.

Well i play mostly sccl west, and i find manners arent that much of a problem, because I just give them a sound beating with my orber, so i cant really be accused of AA etc. The community is quite small aswell so i know a lot of the pubby goers, and i rarely encounter extremely BM people. Sometimes I do complain about lag though (im on 28k dialup in newzealand), but if you dont want to people to be asses to you, dont be asses to them. Let them get their body, even if they nk you. Let them get out of town, even if they chronic TG to you. Set and example and perhaps some people will realise how much more fun duels are when you have your body.

You dont restore your 'lost honour' by spamming "HE USES "AA" "HE HACKS" etc. Just lose graciously, and acknowledge that your opponent is a fine dueler :D . If you are BM to people, chances are that they will NK you, and thus the cycle continues.

People do occasionally cry when i LLD with my lvl 12 charger (700 charge) or my 25 charger (3k charge). Once they are convinced they cannot beat me they sit in town, spouting random insults.

Also, i dont mind helping people new to the game as long as they are willing to learn. I really despise ignorance.

16. Neurofuzzy

Neurofuzzy Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry, I still did not get it fully. Is AA a game bug, a normal feature or the result from a hack obtained trough an external program llike maphack or similar ?

17. sizgar

sizgar Diabloii.Net Member

yep guys plz give some more advices how to be noobish even in pub games
    sometimes cant understand people...
    try to play dont flame others
    kill them nk them steel the gold how brave ...

think twice before u call any1 "cry noob"

regs

18. Shlongor

I don't know if this is just vanilla AA, but I've seen an AA Blizzard with no delay. Like back in the day 1.08 style. Course I just threw on the sorb gear for that.

19. rare

rare Diabloii.Net Member

It's a hack; you have to go out and get it (buy it, dunno). Then I assume you have to do some odd thing to install it, then turn it on, then do w/e.

I had yet another encounter that I hadn't seen.

It was a blizz sorc with AA+crazy scroll+something that let her cast like 4-5 blizz's at once. All I could see was literally just a blue screen; you coulnd't see blizz's shards, it was all just blue.

And if he got a kill, he'd start with the "cry"

That is why anyone who says "cry" are just...terrible.

20. Shlongor

If you see one of them again on east, give me a ring at *Dureil, since I laugh at AA blizz sorcs with my pretty blue shield, ravens, snowclash, charms and thawing pots ;).